Justin Bieber Sings about Killing Black People and Joining the KKK at Age 14

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just a general warning: The video in the source does obviously contain profanity, but it is bleeped out.

Now, I know the title will likely instantly make you get on the offensive against Justin Bieber, but once you read the article, I don't think you will.

Given a lot of the trouble he's had lately, taking responsibility for this was a really mature thing to do on his part. I also can't place too much negative feelings toward it because he was only beginning his teenage years at the time and was therefore at the age where most people don't really understand that stuff.

Justin Bieber Sings about Killing Black People, Joining KKK
    • Source: Rolling Stone
    • Published: June 4, 2014

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm kinda torn on this. On one hand, he did do this when he was a teenager. People do and say some stupid stuff when they're young. Like the previous joke about the chainsaw. Now, I would be more on his side if what he was doing was actually funny. There's a way to tell these jokes, but a dumb 14 year old kid just doesn't have the delivery. And it's cool he apologized, but I feel that it was probably mostly scripted, like he was forced to do it so he can avoid any more flack.

Now, I heard a good comment on it from someone saying (i'm paraphrasing) "if someone does something dumb when they're younger, but they are a good person when they're an adult, I'd let it slide. However, if the adult in question isn't that good of a person, he doesn't get my sympathy". And I fully agree with this. He's done some illegal stuff, and now he's an adult, who should clearly know better.

All I've learned from this is that Bieber should never do comedy.

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

This kid does not deserve the attention he gets. This is what happens when you go into the celebrity life at a young age.

4. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I haven't seen a child celebrity, even one younger than he is, behave like this.

It's him.

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

This.

Take a look at Austin Mahone, Jake T. Austin, Drake Bell, the Sprouse twins, and other Nickelodeon, Disney, and musician celebrities that became celebrities at young ages. They've had no run-ins with the law and the like.

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Trust me I know it's 100% him. This kid thinks he has high standards and hangs out with wrong crowed at a young age. This kid isn't no disney actor. Also i never known anyone to talk like that at his age. There is no excuse. Hell look at Miley Cyrus. *cringe*

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Miley Cyrus deserves a lot more respect than he does. All she has done is sexualize herself. Oh, the scandal! She is a terrible person for being open about enjoying sex.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

I completely agree with this. What she's doing is not illegal compared to some of Justin's actions. However, while I personally don't have a problem with what she does, those who do I think is because she did a 360 -- from being this little "angel" on Hannah Montana to this.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I think you mean a 180, heh.

10. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Either way the kid seemed fine when we he was younger but now is way over his head and needs to die off. He's not very wise. Most people only like him and as singer and not a person.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Not saying he's not at fault, but a lot of that has to do with his producers becoming lax with him and having a bad role model father, as discussed here.

12. A Zebra Chaser

It's obviously him, but if he hadn't become famous so young he probably would have grown out of it, or at least not have to deal with the entire world knowing about it.

13. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I have no love for Justin Bieber. I think he's a brat and a terrible role model. The fact he apologized for this when he's taken no responsibility for his other actions of late seems like a PR move. If he were genuinely apologetic, I'd have more sympathy. But as it is, I have none for him.

As for Miley Cyrus, she's a young adult and wants to move away from her 'wholesome Disney' image. She wants to do something different.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Agreed, I find his arrogance so frustrating, it's like nails on a chalkboard. Yes we all do newbish stuff when we are younger that we don't agree with and this does seem like just one of those things that was meant to be funny for immature kids. Of course he's scared this video will backfire and give him bad publicity but "any publicity it good publicity" and oh look, we're still talking about him. Most of his fame has now come from the terrible things he has done I feel and yet there are still people who would defend him.