KH2 Texture Problems

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by SoullessRequim, Jul 4, 2015.

1. SoullessRequim Moogle Assistant

Hi, I was wondering if I can get help with getting my textures into my KH2FM game. I've been trying to import them in for a very long time until I discovered the ISOmaker.exe, I downloaded it and followed the instructions. I created my import folder in it and had the KH.ISO on the outside of it with the KH1ISOmaker. I drag and dropped the ISO and at first it worked. I started up PCSX2 and was completely shocked by the fact it worked. In-game I flew to Radiant Garden and thats when PCSX2 crashed so I thought no biggie. I restarted from the quick save I created in Slot 0 and after playing for about 3 minutes or so I realized my texture wasn't applied to the hi-poly version of Sora which I remember making the mod for both the player and for cutscenes. I deleted the KH.ISO as it was modded and the readme.txt said don't try to use modded ISO's. So I copied the original ISO and proceeded to update the ISO with the new import folder as I've placed the hi-poly textures inside. Well when I run ISOmaker it sits for alittle while and then it gives me " A fatal error has occurred: failed to find data or IDX offsets". I typed in debug and I end up getting this " Type: System.IO.InvalidDataException at KH1_ISOMaker.KH1ISOReader..ctor(String filename) at KH1_ISOMaker.Program.Main(String[] args). It worked the first time now it doesn't work anymore. I don' know if its the hashpairs files or what, see as that the hashpairs file is for KH1? So My thing is what do I do, do I need to create a new _HashPairs.log, or is there something wrong with ISOMaker as its still outdated (can't find update)...I'm lost on what to do, I'm so close to starting my texture projects for KH2FM that I can taste it. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

UPDATE: I think I figured out why I can't get the files in, I think its because if the _Hashpairs file since all the models are in .mdls form while kh2 models are .mdlx. I was able to get the model into the game earlier today through convuluted process but the structure of the model was weird, the feet where floating, no head, no arms, just a really messed up model and I couldn't move the character. So I was wondering does anybody have a kh2fm hashpairs file that I can use. I think that would actually solve my problem lol. I've tried doing my own haspairs file but I don't know how to do it or how the person who made it got only 8 characters while I get 14/15 characters. Thank you all for your time.

UPDATE: So after tinkering around with files for 6+ hours I ended up with this: WTF.jpg

I can see that the textures are in but I don't know whats going on with the model :/ I thought this would be as simple as ripping the ISO open replace the .mdlx, sew it back up and going back to my story. Haha I'm pretty sure I'm doing some butchered version of trying to get this to work. I honestly can't wrap my head around how I was able to get the texture in last night. The texture imported perfectly besides the fact that when Sora blinked his eyes and face showed weird colors. :/

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I don't understand... are you trying to using the KH1 ISO tools on KH2? I'll try to help if I can figure out what you're trying to do.
    In any case, the up-to-date KH2 ISO tools (and hashpairs) can be found at http://crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/kh2_patches.html under the Patcher section.

Also, about the blinking issues... those are known, as the blinking sprites are separate from the main texture image, but still uses its palette.

3. SoullessRequim Moogle Assistant

Lol yes I was trying to use the KH1 patcher for KH2, unlike you fine people here I'm new to the PS2 modding scene. I've had ideas and made mods before but never knew how to get my mods into games. What I was trying to do was change the texture for the in-game Sora and his drive forms. Because I recolored Sora's outfit for when he is normal and I re colored his eyes for each drive form I also recolored the Hi-Poly model for Sora for cutscenes that way it carries over. But I couldn't get the textures to import correctly at first. But after the link you gave I was able to get the In-game sora and his form changed with my custom colors, but I can't get the Cutscene Sora to change it still only shows the normal texture for him not the remade texture I created and also I was having problems with him blinking as it showed pixels but I can fix that because I saw it in one of the other threads for KH1. My last obstacle is trying to get the cutscene model for sora to change. After that my little modding project will be complete :D

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  4. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

if you want me too. add me on skype. I will help you there from there. Sora6645 is my skype name. or we can do it in a pm here. but skype is faster. lol