Kingdom Hearts II KH2FM Staying Level 1?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by destinyislands, Jan 2, 2010.

1. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

I was watching a vid on YouTube where a guy was playing KH2FM and beating some very difficult boss battles, still at level 1 though. My friend claims there's an equipment which stops you from gaining experience, but I've never heard of anything like that. Anybody know what I'm talking about with this? It's perplexed me all day

2. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm Venezuelan, So what? You got a Problem?
    On Kh2 or KH2FM+ You don't gain experience By boss battles what you gain are called bonus levels they are received every time you beat a boss and DO NOT raise your exp points

I've never heard of anything like that before either

3. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

So theoretically you could just run from all heartless battles and only fight bosses, thus staying level 1 the entire game?

4. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

Theoretically speaking yes, But i have never tried to do it = /

5. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

That's really cool, I kind of want to try that now! Not saying I could even come close to beating it, but I think it would be a fun experiment to see how far I could get.

Ya know, staying level 1 the entire game. On proud mode.

6. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

Proud?
    Aren't you playing KH2FM+
    Why not Critical Mode?
    Yeah imagine how difficult would Xaldin be D:

7. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

Well I was planning on starting with KH2, ya know so I can read it. But KH2FM would make it a bit more exciting. I bet I can last in critical mode a whole, what... 3 minutes?! Maybe even more

8. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

It's true that in KH2 You don't gain experience By boss battles you gain bonus levels
    What you said at the beginning was right in a way

Q: How do you stay Level 1?
    A: In Critical Mode in KH2FM, you are given an EXP 0 ability at the beginning of the game. Equipping it makes it so you don't gain experience. Drive Forms aren't affected by it, so you can still level those up.

9. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

That's so weird, it's like the sole purpose of starting off with that ability is just to show off that you're really good at KH!

10. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

Yeah but sadly i can't play it DX
    And that isn't all:
    Critical mode: you get 50 AP at the start, several abilities (don't know them all) including Exp 0, and a Max 60 hp cap.

11. destinyislands Merlin's Housekeeper

That explains such low HP levels in the videos I watched

12. thecoder180 Hollow Bastion Committee

LOLNO.

In KH2FM+, you start the game with a few abilites, one of them being 0EXP.

Meaning "No experience"

Obviously, that means that you don't gain any experience throughout the game with that ability equipped.

13. Loghh Merlin's Housekeeper

NO NO NO NO. JUST NO. Okay, time to correct. You get an NO EXP ability when you start the game on CRITICAL MODE. You still get hp boosts etc from the bosses, but when you kill normal enemies with the NO EXP ability on, you never level up. I have over 5 lvl1 saves and ive beaten the game several times on lvl1.

I have to correct you too, you only get those abilities in critical mode. Not proud or normal. Got it memorized? :D

14. Alex856 Twilight Town Denizen

What I tried to say was that you never win exp points per se in Boss Battles you DO win Boosts (HP,MP,STR,DEF,AP). I know about this game just Finished it yesterday :P

And I'm partially Right if you don't believe me check out KH2 status(I say KH2 because it's in English :P). In the Part Where it says Bonus Levels. It explains itself ^^

15. LinkSlySora Moogle Assistant

There is also a bonus keyblade you can get that has EXP0, so you get no exp with that keyblade equiped. The difference is you can equip it in all 4 difficulty modes. However, you aren't able to get it till pretty late in the game.

Edit: Wow my first post on this site, and I've been a member for almost two years now!
    And I did't look at the the post dates... just the person before me. Probably not really worth posting in this topic anymore since its kinda old. My bad.

16. accio75 Destiny Islands Resident

if you were to try that, and then put like a code on where you fight sephy AND Xaldin, and you had lowest stats and kingdom key no armor no items, youd probably last a good 6 seconds IF you blocked sephiroths first attack

17. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

That's actually a pretty nifty trick. I might try it. I'll tell ya how it goes :3

18. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

You mean the 0EXP trick?

19. ghostninja0 Moogle Assistant

I know this thread is super old, but I wanted to clarify that there is an ability that you get automatically called "No Experience," which is the same ability that you get from equipping winner's proof. As the name suggests, you get no experience.

20. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

Kinda useless if you already have the ability.