KH3 Opening Theme Revealed / "Chikai/Don't Think Twice" Will Just be KH3's Ending Theme

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

It has been revealed by the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers' (or ASCAP for short) song registry website that the opening theme of 'Kingdom Hearts III' will not be Chikai/Don't Think Twice, but instead, a new song called Face My Fears, written by Utada Hikaru herself, as well as Sonny Moore (better known to some as "Skrillex") and Jason "Poo Bear" Boyd.

Capture.PNG

Chikai/Don't Think Twice, nevertheless, is listed as being the ending theme of 'Kingdom Hearts III'.

Capture2.PNG

Source: Reddit

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      Huh, so we get 2 new songs? How interesting. Now I'm curious on what the opening will sound like.
    2. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      They are really going all out for KH3. Thank you, Hikki!!! I'm kinda glad. DTT always did sound more like an ending theme anyway. I couldn't picture it remixed like S&C or Passion.
    3. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      This is a first. If I remember correctly, "Simple & Clean" and "Sanctuary" were both the opening and closing themes of KH and KHII respectively, so for KHIII to get two different themes is quite odd.

Also, why did they have to get Skrillex? Let dubstep die, damnit!
    4. Mixt
      Mixt
      For anyone wondering the type of thing we might be in for, Skrillex and Poo Bear have collabed already. I'm pretty optimistic, though I hope Skrillex remains on the tame side (maybe one section where he's allowed to take it up a notch). The techno elements from Simple and Clean's Ray of Hope Mix worked well to me, and like him or not Skrillex is good at what he does. it's just hard not to be weary of someone that got famous for going off the deep end with it.

5. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream

^ There's also this. Not sure if this is any indication of what we could expect but I feel it's pretty chill in comparison to some of his other work. I wouldn't fret too much about his involvement with the new theme. It's still a collaboration and I feel with Hikki involved it'll come out tasteful and or boppin'.