Idol KHV Idol #4 VOTING!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by T3F, Feb 1, 2015.

?

Who shall win?

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. 2

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. 3

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. T3F Chaser

Hey hey!
    Welcome to another round of KHV Idol! This week's theme was Broadway, where entrants could sing any song that has appeared on broadway!

Here are your entries!

Voting Ends in 7 days!
    All entrants must vote!
    Entrants cannot vote for themselves!
    Happy Voting :)

2. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

All right, I vote for Sebax again, due to three reasons:

1) Its one of my favorite songs from Les Miserables
    2) The vocals were spot on for that particular version
    And 3) The editing for it was very well balanced; none of the music was louder than the vocals.

Now, while I preferred Sebax's version of Stars, that doesn't mean I didn't like Tale Wind's rendition. Honestly, the version of the song you did, specifically the 2012 version, is slightly more difficult to work with, (trust me, I know what I'm talking about from experience), so you have my respect for going for that version. Unfortunately, it was rather pitchy in some areas, and the audio wasn't balanced that well. I found myself turning the volume up in certain portions because I couldn't hear your vocals.

All in all, the Broadway entries were all good, even if there was two of the same song. I wish both of my competitors the best of luck! May the odds be ever in your favor! :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Okay, I'm going to vote, sooner or later. Don't rush me. It's not like the choice is utterly impossible! Stop implying that it is! Stop! *Sobs*

Technical singing: Equal, for the most part. Darkhorse was a bit more enthusiastic to go for a greater range of notes, but Tale was on point for most of the song and there were times where everyone (Including myself) faltered. It happens.

Characterization: You both understood who your characters were. I knew exactly who they were and what they felt just from the way you both established them. You both played your characters exceptionally well.

Expression: This may MAY be the part where Darkhorse gets the vote. While you were both expressive and portrayed your characters well, it was Darkhorse who continued to build and build as the song reached a climax. Stars reached its climax and... nothing. It was the same as the rest of the song. I'm not holding it to the standard of my choice of expression, but Russell Crowe, though, in his defense, not the most technical singer in the cast, even built up at the end, where it is frequently and consistently done so in a stage performance. EDIT: Upon turning up my volume, I take back my remark about there being no build up. There is. And it is very nice, but it requires increased volume to hear it; if the emotion is really there, it could be a whisper and be heard.

As for the double entry of "Stars", I seriously thought no one else would bother with this song, and didn't record a back-up like I did with the Beatles Segment. I had so many other choices, and I really regret not having spoken with Amethyst prior to this, and that I did not put in more than one entry like I'd done before to keep such an event from occuring.

For the record, for the next segment, I have already submitted the "Animaniacs" theme song. Please, use this information responsibly.

Edit: I hate and love you both. I love that you both put these things forward for the competition. I hate I have to choose between you.

EDIT: I chose Tale Wind in a very, very close match. Since his expression wasn't lacking, but his tonal accuracy was greater. It seriously came down to consistency, something I rarely go by. He almost lost it at "Doorway to paradise", and to Darkhorse's tremendous finish. I had to take a ludicrously close inspection to reach this conclusion. I feel that says a great deal of something about both of my competitors.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  4. T3F Chaser

Results are in!

1st place, with 2 votes, goes to Sebax!
    Equal 2nd, with 1 vote each, goes to darkhorseD and Tale Wind!

See you next round! :)