Idol KHVI #9 Voting!

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by T3F, May 5, 2015.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 12, 2015.

50.0%

50.0%
  1. T3F Chaser

Hey hey hey!!!

Welcome to another round of KHV Idol! The theme for this round was Movies, where entrants could sing a song from any movie!
    Here are your entries!

2. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

Ok, I'm gonna be honest with you @Sebax, this is probably your worst entry in terms of sound editing quality. However, what I could distinguish through the sloppy audio editing, was a very controlled vocal performance, so well done there. So yeah, if it weren't for the fact that its just us two (again...) I'd be voting for someone else. I'm sorry if I'm turning into Simon Cowel here, but thats my honest opinion, no harm intended.

3. Sebax Avatar by Xerona

Please note, I did actually take offence to your statement. The editing was intentional. I emulated the sound of an older radio, and I worked hard to make it sound authentic. It was an artistic choice and I respect that you didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped.
    Now, on to your entry, unfortunately I also would have voted for someone else. Your sustaining needs work, but you can improve on this with time and practice. Breathing exercises work really well for this. Also, you can have more melodic variety in your singing. To me it sounded like one repetitive note. Just try to experiment a little bit more.

4. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

I'm sorry, I didn't know, please forgive me! I'm rather unfamiliar with that song, so I was just going on what I thought was a newer song.

Anyway, you're right on the mark with most of your comments, I really should have sent in my I See Fire track instead. I did The City's Yours though because I had seen the newer Annie movie earlier that week and fell in love with that song. I couldn't resist once I found the instrumental on SoundCloud. In any case, I'm gonna need to think through my song choices a little more from now on.