Video Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix Critical Mode Level 1 No Damage + Restrictions Challenges [HD]

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by SoratheFallen, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

Main Story Line Fights:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLwV5xcwZmicvnoQ0JISSTqUYPjhAuIQho&feature=edit_ok

Side Boss Fights
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLwV5xcwZmicuUr_sutovPT5buPdUZMarQ

These are challenges for KH2 Final Mix which are a lot more beatable then the (USA) version, but still quite difficult!

Restrictions Included:

Critical Mode
    Level 1
    No Damage
    Weakest Weapon
    No Armor
    No Accessories
    No Status Boosters
    No Scan
    No Guard/Counterguard
    No Growth Skills
    No Magic
    No Drive
    No Limit
    No Summon
    No HP/MP Items
    Best Time
    No Cure Donald
    Donald and Goofy Off (Customize Both to No Abilities/Sora Attack)

Difficulty levels go from N/A-I/10.
    Going by 5's
    Count the total HP of enemies x 5 x the mode you're on.
    Beginner= N/A Normal= 1 Proud= 2 Critical= 3
    If it's at I/10, then it is impossible to beat.
    Anything below is possible.
    N/A means it's that flat out easy to beat.

If anyone has questions, suggestions, comments please contact me here or

Email: angelknightx55@gmail.com

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDPh35t5JfrieloOuyC9Itg

Enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  2. WhattayaBrian Moogle Assistant

Loved your Marluxia video. Does he only send out explodey thorns if you force him to counter your combo?

Also I initially thought you were doing all those restrictions at the same time. I immediately searched for Demyx, thinking, "HOW!?"

I'm curious why you say the Level 1 challenges are more beatable than low level Proud mode challenges?

3. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

Q1. After you take out about 4 bars of health depending if you used a ground (Guard Break or Normal) or an air finisher (Extra Hit after Aerial Finish) or you just used Aerial Finish depends on what he does after summoning his 3 Rose Pools which is his 2nd form. If you hit him with Guard Break or Normal finisher on the ground or the extra hit after Aerial Finish, it will be a lot harder and that's where he'll most likely surround you with those explosive thorns.

As you saw, I only used Aerial Finish without the extra hit, and I believe it forces Marluxia into an easier setup for his 2nd form.

Q2. I redid a few of the challenges because I wanted to make sure that I beat the ones BloodyBizkit or who is now know as Bizkit047 did. You can look him up on YouTube.

Q3. The level 1 challenges are on Final Mix and setup for Critical Mode only which also makes Sora more Over Powered. The bosses are keyed down a bit as well on Critical mode. On Proud Mode, you will notice that all of the bosses are more erratic and more random in all of their forms. Go watch some of the Critical Mode Bosses and compare them to the Proud Mode Bosses and you'll see what I mean.

I hope I answered your questions. :)

~Seth

4. WhattayaBrian Moogle Assistant

Is there a way to force the wheel DM instead of the scythe throw one, then? I'd all but given up on doing Marluxia at level 1 with valor form, since I think scythe throw is undodgable (could be wrong but I'd be surprised).

Will check out your proud mode videos when I get the chance.

5. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm not sure if you can or not for the beginning part of his 3rd form and Scythe Wheel isn't his DM. His DM I would have call that attack Ivy Pillars. I believe if you hit him with a ground finisher (Guard Break or Normal) or an air finisher (Extra Hit after Aerial Finish), he'll do his Scythe Wheel attack. I wouldn't recommend that you force him into that though because it can be hard to time guard against it and when he's done doing that, you would have to be close to him to even attack him.

Yes, you can run away from his Scythe Throw with quick run and hope that you don't run into a wall, so that rather hard to time or You can quick run away from it and guard his Scythe, but don't use Counter Guard or you'll get hit by his next attack when he drops down on you.

Also, when you see me running clock wise close to the middle of the arena, I was pushing the left along stick to about the bottom right hand corner and when I saw his arm move with the Scythe in his hand, that's when I ran away and used guard afterwards.

Trust me. It's just easier to let him go into his DM. As for Valor Form, it's really not recommended for level 1.

I only have a few Proud Mode fights atm since I'm only concentrating on Final Mix for right now.
    My best one for Proud Mode and it was the first KH challenge that I did is my Sephiroth level 50 No Damage video.

Hope that helps!

6. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

reminds me of the speedrunners
    they do this stuff all the time and i can never understand it

7. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

Well, I like to challenge myself, so what better way to do it then with one of my favorite games lol

~Seth[DOUBLEPOST=1392048661][/DOUBLEPOST]
    btw, nice pic

8. WhattayaBrian Moogle Assistant

Ahaha, yeah, I know Valor Form sucks, that's the point of the run. I've done many level 1 runs and beaten Marluxia; I'm just trying something weird. Wheel spin is dodgable, but I don't know about the last hit of scythe throw (strictly for valor form I'm talking about). It might be parryable, but that timing would be rough.

I did a test run with non-level 1 Valor Form, and I was really surprised as to how small the number of undodgable attacks were. In the required part of the game, I think the only one is Demyx's homing water pillar, but you can manipulate him pretty easily to not get a chance to use that.

You can check out my progress here if you'd like. I have recordings up to Oogie Boogie, which I'll be uploading soon.

9. SoratheFallen Merlin's Housekeeper

dude! these are friggin good! Yea, that can be harder then what i'm doing! O_O Please keep these up! I subbed to you! Can you please subscribe to me as well? oh and btw, since these no ally fights are your creativity, I won't attempt them.

Do me one favor tho... Beat them all! xD

~Seth[DOUBLEPOST=1392089850][/DOUBLEPOST]
    by the way. I'll keep it a secret on how you're holding Valor ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.