KH1 Final Mix - True Level 1 Mod

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Enzineda, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Kingdom Hearts: Critical Mix

Download Link:

Video:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

1. Place "3E68955A.pnach" in the "Cheats" folder in your PCSX2 install directory.

2. Enable cheats in PCSX2. System -> Enable Cheats.

3. After making your first save file, open "3E68955A.pnach" in notepad, or any text editor.

4. In the text editor, look for the section "Starting Abilities - DELETE AFTER SAVING". Delete this section. If you don't, you will not be able to change your abilities.

5. RECOMMENDED: In your PCSX2 controller settings, set "Right Stick Down" to do nothing. If you don't, you may accidentally move your command menu while rotating the camera.

That's it! Enjoy.

New Gameplay Features

- Characters cannot level up.

- Sora's HP, MP and Accessory Slots are now increased by sealing the keyholes of worlds.

- Keyblades also scale in power as you seal keyholes, which makes all keyblades endgame viable.

- Keyblades now come with a variety of abilities. The 6 empty abilities at the top of Sora's list are used for AP abilities given by keyblades.

List of Keyblade Abilities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mPsC-zV6GKoX9euLi6xF79xunkD7Gt8uNWfVljk5L1g/edit?usp=sharing

- Items now use the Auto-Reload system.

- Sora's movement speed has been increased.

- Sora has access to a wide variety of abilities from the start of the game.

- Sora has Combo Master (does not work during Guard Armor for some reason).

- Sora's base HP has been increased by a lot, but he also takes significantly more damage and his base defense has been reduced to 0. This reduces the effectiveness of +HP Items and Cure spells.

- Elemental Resistances are not affected by accessories. Resistance can instead be obtained through certain Keyblade abilities. (This is not reflected in your stats screen)

- Sora's damage output has been adjusted to deal adequate damage at level 1.

New Options

You can enable and disable these to best suit your preferences.

- 60FPS. Disable this if you have a weaker computer.

- KH2 Camera. Zooms the camera out for a better view of Sora's surroundings. Disable this if you prefer the closer KH1 camera.

- Cutscenes can be skipped the first time watching them.

- North America controls are enabled (X to attack, O to jump).

- The camera is now controlled with the Right Stick instead of L2 and R2.

- Solo Mode. Enable this if you want an even greater challenge.

NOTE: Solo Mode crashes the game during Guard Armor. It may crash during other areas. If your game crashes, this should be the first thing you disable.

Disabled Items

- Elixir (Converts into 1 Hi Potion and 1 Ether)

- Megalixir (Converts into 1 Mega Potion and 1 Mega Ether)

- Stat Boosts

Update 13
    All commands in menu slot 4 can now be used while in combat. This includes opening chests, using trinities, examining objects, etc.

Update 12

Sealing Hollow Bastion now reduces Sora’s damage intake form 300% to 200%.
    Damage after Hollow Bastion second visit was too high, particularly noticeable in Hades Cup.
    Bugfixes to Ultima Weapon and Lionheart.

Update 11

- Solo Mode is disabled by default again. This was accidentally enabled in Update 9.

- Elixirs will now convert into 1 Hi Potion and 1 Ether instead of doing nothing.
    - Megalixirs will now convert into 1 Mega Potion and 1 Mega Ether instead of doing nothing.

- Oblivion's late game scaling has been increased.
    - Divine Rose's Auto Cure now also prevents death when it activates.
    - Divine Rose's Auto Cure now costs 3MP (up from 2MP)
    - Divine Rose no longer causes your MP and HP to be lower than normal after death.
    - Divine Rose no longer has Fairy Harp's ability.
    - Divine Rose no longer causes Fairy Harp's ability to not activate.
    - Metal Chocobo now has scaling. It is stronger as a result.

Update 10

A total of 3 Kupo Coins have been added as world completion bonuses.
    Kupo Coins will revive you once when you die, but will drain your MP to zero.
    Only one Kupo Coin can be used in a battle.

Deep Jungle and Wonderland have had their stat bonuses swapped.

Update 9
    - Jungle King's movement speed penalty has been reduced.
    - Divine Rose has had its ability changed to Auto Cure.
    Auto Cure automatically spends 2MP to instantly heal Sora when his health is low.
    - Crabclaw has had its ability changed to MP Infuse.
    MP Infuse boosts Sora's strength while he has any MP, but spends 1MP every 5 attacks.
    - Oathkeeper has had its ability changed to Emergency MP.
    Emergency MP restores 1MP if Sora uses an item while out of MP.
    - Olympia has had its ability changed to Hero's Power.
    Hero's Power increases Sora's Strength increases by up to 9 based on how many times he has attacked, as long as his HP is 60 or more.
    - Oblivion's Ability has been fixed (Again)
    - Metal Chocobo's Ability has been fixed.

Update 8
    Bugs with damage scaling have been fixed.
    Auto-Reload no longer reloads your items in between rounds in Olympus.

Update 7
    Rebalanced Sora's damage scaling. It will feel much better now at all points in the game.

Update 6
    Auto-Reload for items has been added.
    Oblivion's ability has been fixed.

Update 5
    Monstro's world completion bonuses now work, and are instead unlocked when you obtain High Jump.

Update 4
    Jungle King and Wishing Star have been rebalanced.
    Sealing Olympus now increases Sora's Strength by 2.

Update 3
    Shortcut abilities granted by keyblades are now correctly removed when the keyblade granting them is unequipped.

Update 2
    Sora's HP, MP and Acessory Slots now increase based on the number of worlds you have completed.
    Keyblades now scale in power based on the number of worlds you have completed.

Update 1
    Minor bugfixes

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I'll try this side by side with 1.5's lv1pm, when I get around to starting on it.

3. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Do you think you would be able to do videos of them?

4. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I probably could do boss/scripted fight videos, not an entire play through, also I've only done lv1cm in KH2FM with no armor/stat boosts, so I have no idea how difficult this will be. :P I've read through your restrictions, and they don't look cheap. Keyblade abilities are exciting. Thing is, I might get some lag if I record on my PC, which would make it more difficult. If I record, I get lag even on native resolution. :P

I could play on an actual PS2, and borrow my friend's recording device, but it seems like I would have to reboot code breaker every time I changed weapons.
    Also why is 60fps required and what does NTSC mode do before I download?

5. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

60fps isn't required. It's actually not recommended unless ignoring cutscenes, it's buggy.
    NTSC mode is also optional. It just reverts X and O back to their american functions instead of japanese.
    The readme says the removal of 60fps, removal of ntsc mode, and commenting out the abilities after your first save ARE allowed (commenting out abilities is highly recommended, as to make them changeable in-game).

A tip: Carry 3 ethers. Always.

6. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Ok I understand now thanks. Is there any change to the functions of armor, outside of 'You cannot increase elemental resistances.' This is sounding really great. Will probably start on this tomorrow.

7. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

With a custom pcsx2 executing code instead of using a pnach you can have more than one conditional code at a time, so you can do the same thing for armor as i did for keyblade abilities: When Item X is equipped, enable cheat Y. I might start working on this again sometime soon.

8. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

So far this is pretty interesting. I'm not that far yet, as I haven't had much free time. Just at wonderland. It's definitely not cheap. My only minor complaint is that starting off with all these abilities actually seems to have made the first bosses, Darkside, Squall, Guard Armor, easier than normal. Maybe you could make it like KH2FM where you gain abilities from bosses, like tell the player to edit the pnach after bosses to give themselves certain abilities. I know the difficulty will ramp up from here out, it was just a suggestion. :P

I especially noticed having guard, and dodge roll so early made a fool out of Guard Armor.

9. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I decided to start doing videos with Cloud, because up until this point all the bosses were more or less the same difficulty as normal.

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - Cloud LVL1 Enzineda Mode No Damage

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - Cerberus LVL1 Enzineda Mode No Damage

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - Sabor 1 LVL1 Enzineda Mode No Damage

Next up is the heartless fruit.

10. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Those videos are looking pretty good. Could you include the keyblade ability you have equipped in the description of videos?

By the way, you can make boss battles go much faster if you get 4 +str rings at the accessory shop.
    I'm very interested to eventually see your dragon battle.

11. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

I've got a little bit of a backlog of videos to upload. I'm up to Agrabah now. Just haven't had time to upload them yet.

12. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

try crazycatts lv1 mod. its hard has heck

13. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

What level 1 mod by crazycatz? i dont see it on his site or youtube.

14. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

its on the drive

15. crazycatz00 Twilight Town Denizen

I never did a lvl 1 mod.... In fact, I haven't ever even recorded a video when I was running Enzineda's. Not quite sure what you're talking about...

16. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

18. Enzineda Traverse Town Homebody

Found some beta footage from one of my testers on youtube

19. Disgustor Traverse Town Homebody

Just a heads up, I'm going to be going for a new PC build some time in the upcoming months, so I'll probably just wait to record more until then. I'm running into serious lag in some fights while recording footage, and it's making me die about twice as much as if I don't record.

20. Jadentheman Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh yeah. Time to get the latest and greatest processors :D

Graphics cards too. Soon you can play in 4K :D