Dream Drop Distance Kingdom Hearts DLC, could it work?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Tyrant Valvatorez, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

I understand that it will without a doubt never happen anytime in any of the handheld games, but what would you all feel for KH3? Nothing that would cause drama, but maybe you could buy new accessories and new weapons, new cloths new abilities for Sora, Donald and Goofy or any other party member. And perhaps you could download new worlds and new missions for other worlds. I know some people would not like this (if it was story wise, I know I would hate it if it was important to the story, that I would HAVE to buy it to know what happened) I understand DLC is not really a Square thing but I just think this would be better than just making another Final Mix game and cause even more drama between the eastern fans. What do you all think?

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

That is where you are wrong. DLC is 100% possible in BBS.

As for the "drama" with final mix... Pretty much if you have a system that works you shouldn't change it. I live in America and I play every final mix. It isn't a huge issue and I actually prefer some things to be Japanese exclusive.

3. Stella Nox Fleuret Hollow Bastion Committee

It seems very plausible - the amount of DLC Square-Enix is releasing really makes me think that could weave it into KH. Perhaps it could be their KHII Attire as a DLC?

4. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is possible, but didn't Square say they weren't going to? They could change their minds at any time I guess, but at this point it is very unlikely.

I don't really know myself, Kingdom Hearts doesn't exactly lend itself to DLC. Most of what I can think of is either game breaking or just not of any importance. I guess FM style stuff would be alright.

5. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

I think this would work quite well. I personally love DLC as long as it isn't too expensive and some KH DLC would be really cool, especially if they brought back some things from older games like costumes, keyblades and possibly even bosses!

6. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

I seriously doubt they would do it this late, Birth By Sleep is a year old right now, I wouldn't give a 1 year old game DLC, and some people don't like shopping online for Final Mix and some people don't know how to make an english patch for Final Mix, and plus I'm not going to spend even more money for the same game with little tweeks here and there.

As for a DLC idea, I think it would be awesome in KH3 if the have Notre Dam as a world and they add another Final Fantasy character as a boss, most likely Kefka, he would be PERFECT for Notre Dam, yeah I know, they would have to dub him down a bit, but hey, they dubbed Sephiroth down a bit and that didn't turn out that bad. Or an even greater idea, since they are adding more Square characters besides Final Fantasy, I was thinking, what if they had a world DLC for Chrono Trigger, one of my favorite Square games? THAT WOULD BE ****ING AMAZING, but I can't bang a Squares door and order them to do it sadly :-(

7. Kayate King's Apprentice

It could work.
    But, no new worlds - That'd be horrible for Story's sake, unless they put a little note in the DLC store-thing that said something like "*DLC Content is not Story Canon"

8. Graxe King's Apprentice

The only worlds that I could see being DLC would be something along the lines of the Mirage Arena or a throwback to past worlds like End of the World, but with zero to very little story relevance.

9. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

The DLC worlds could be side quest worlds, like what they did in Mass Effect 2

10. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

If it ain't broke, don't fix it sums up my feelings. DLC may be possible like adding old moves from previous KH games like Strike Raid, Ars Arcaium, maybe some Final Mix exclusives when it inevitability comes out, etc.

11. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I agree, Kefka would be awesome. I'd like to see the new cast from dissidia 012, lighting, kain, Vaan, and epescially Laguna!(they still owe me him from BBS...) as well as more Rikku, Yuna and Paine, they were funny in kh2. Hmm... I think that's it... DLC would work, but they need online play, not ad-hoc.

12. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

As I and many others have said it before, I think DLC would be great, but only for certain areas. New missions in the Mirage Arena or whatever they choose to use, new weapons, abilities, and stuff like that. For worlds, I only think side-quests, if there were to be any at all. I personally am against having worlds and such as DLC. But as long as it isn't overpriced (hell I'll buy it anyway), I would really enjoy DLC. DLC makes a game last longer, so I wouldn't mind spending some money to play some more. Plus it would make it so we won't have to grind to get to the max level (which hopefully will be 100 in the future, 99 was stupid).

13. Tyrant Valvatorez Gummi Ship Junkie

Or better, even higher as 100 like Disgaea, max level is 9999!

14. XIII-roxas Destiny Islands Resident

Would work if KH had incredibly flashy spells, and made the XP rate higher. Getting to 99 and/or 100 was a pain in the ass enough.