Digital Art Kingdom Hearts: End of Eternity - Art & Concept Design

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Ø Riku, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

This is the third article I've posted for my project, but this is one of the bigger parts of the project so I had to make a seperate thread for the art alone.

To summarize, Kingdom Hearts: End of Eternity is a fanmade fighting game with a story that mirrors Dissidia's story. For more information follow the link in my signature.

This thread is for character designs (the characters will have changes in their uniforms, even if very slight), original arenas, and concept promotional art.

Feel free to contribute if you're interested.

2. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Wee bit interested, can you give a bit more info on designing the characters? O:

3. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Okay. The changes can't be too drastic. It needs to be in character, and faithful to the series.

Here's a bit of an example, another user (name's Monopoly) came up with a brilliant idea for Sora's design. He'll sketch Sora with Ven's clothing, but add a bit of Sora flair to it.

4. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Um, I had sort of an idea for Sora's clothing. It's not really armorful, but it' still good.

[​IMG]

Made by me, btw.

5. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

It could use a darker color scheme, but I like it!

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I can can colour things, that's pretty much all I have time for now. Check my dA for examples if you want.

I could try working on landscapes, I've got a lot of photos that I can integrate into a background.

7. kairiheartprincess Traverse Town Homebody

Alright, me and my love of art wants to put into this project a little, but I have a few questions.

1- color scheme. should it be a little darker maybe...? do you want characters to stick with their 'known' colors (example- kairi wearing pink or purple) or go with something a little different?

2-Organization 13. are they changing at all or will they be wearing cloaks the whole time? (if not, will they be having 'street clothes' such as what roxas wears in KH-2?)

8. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

The color scheme depends on the character. Sora, for example, could work fine with his known colors, but I'm just experimenting with a darker scheme. The color scheme could go either way, just as long as it works (and has at least one change from the original attire).

Organization XIII's attire will be an interesting thing to work on. I could try and put the members in street clothes like Roxas, Lea, and Isa, but it probably would stray a bit from their antagonistic nature (if you know what I mean). We could try it out and see how it looks, but I'm looking to change their cloak designs.

Xemnas, for example, could be wearing the final battle cloak, but instead of white and black, it could be steel-grey and black. Marluxia's cloak in the final battle of Re:CoM has thorns at the bottom. We could maybe add a bit of pale pink in the cloak.

That sounds great. I'll take a look at your DeviantArt.

9. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Or perhaps their normal cloaks but with a design representing their element on it?
    Axel could have flames, Saix could have some kind of lunar design, Demyx could have waves, etc.

10. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Both are great ideas. Let's try both and see which one works better. I'll try to make some mock-ups.

11. T3F Chaser

12. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

13. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Enjoy a 'pencil' test for Roxas' street clothes.

I wasn't entirely sure how much to vary it, so I went with an idea of 'fusing' his clothes with Ven's (tiny bit of Riku involved, but that's barely visible). I could probably swap that thick fleece collar on his jacket out for a hood and scarf, though, if you feel it needs to be mixed up a bit more.

If you're having trouble picking between new costumes and coats for the Org members, then howsabout making them alt-costumes?

14. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Necrobumping is bad for the soul.

//Locked\\

15. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Only in the spam zone is a necrobump bad.

If it contributes to the topic, it's passable.

16. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

I must say, that's an awesome concept.

And yeah, I guess making new outfits for the Organization members in the game should be done. Alternative outfits were already in my book of consideration. I think that'd work fine! I have a few ideas for Axel and Saix, but for Marluxia and Xion, that'll be a challenge. Xemnas, I think, is best left with the Organization cloak. I might just change the chains on the cloak.

17. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

That could work. I'll make some sketches, and we'll see how that works.