Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix Translation Patch (In progress)

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by Trilix, Feb 20, 2012.

1. random_dude Moogle Assistant

hi im new to this community and kh in general is there a working link to the patch?

2. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

In the interest of simplifying things for anyone in the future, I've uploaded the patch, directions, and a guide onto Gamebanana. Thanks to the OpenKH Discord, I was also able to fix some of the last few issues (encounter plus, zantetsuken not being granted) by replacing some of the rewards for other things that were duplicated. (For example, Sora learns Tech Boost 4 different times by default; with my adjustment he only learns it 2 times, with the other 2 times granting 2 of the "bugged" rewards).

https://gamebanana.com/mods/365725
    upload_2022-4-23_15-12-39.png

The reason the rewards are "bugged" in the first place is actually really simple. It turns out that Gledson/Sora had decided to copy/paste two of the English ARD files from the US release of KH1 wholesale, rather than go through and translate them; this resulted in the game not granting the report/abilities, because in the US version of the game, it didn't have to grant those items. The alternative fix is to properly translate the ARDs, but that's a lot more heavy lifting than I can do.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2022
  3. rkimbal45 Merlin's Housekeeper

You rock!!!! Like to play on android and now I can without bugs

4. PacBunny Moogle Assistant

So is the project dead or something? I installed the english & bugfix patch then tried playing the game on OPL but still got a crash after the Leon fight...

5. Charmander's Key Merlin's Housekeeper

Did you follow the instructions here properly? https://gamebanana.com/mods/365725
    It should be working since I don't think they changed it since then.

Also did you know a pc port came out like two years ago? Honestly its better to just play that one.

6. PacBunny Moogle Assistant

Yes I did follow the instructions, also did you know that not everyone isn't rich enough to have a good pc to play games? :O

7. Meatluffy Moogle Assistant

So i a mobile user use ps2 emulator for Kingdom hearts patch but how to use the fix patch that only for PC user pls make a moblie one too thx

8. Meatluffy Moogle Assistant

Can any one khow how to use the fix patch for moblie ?

9. Meatluffy Moogle Assistant

I'm moblie user and I say It very good but sad I not khow how to use the fix patch to get the missing stuff

10. Meatluffy Moogle Assistant

So how was if the all bug fix and can you tell me how too patch that in moblie too ?

11. PacBunny Moogle Assistant

12. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

Long time no see, KH-Vids.

This upload on Gamebanana has been updated. Check down below for an update.

Hey there. So to answer the question, the project isn't "dead", so much as it was completed. I have just been making small contributions to try and tie up loose ends. I'm not claiming to take credit for anything, since my additions wouldn't be worth anything if it wasn't for everyone else's work before me.

However, that being said, I'm taking a look at any and all remaining issues as folks mention them, or as I come across them myself. I'll see what I can do for the Leon fight. I know that the Oogie Boogie fight is also a bit broken on OPL as seen here:
    Download the most up-to-date version of the patch here:
    https://gamebanana.com/mods/365725

Massive credit to Gledson99 and crazycatz00 for all of their work. I'm just polishing.
    TO DO:
    High priority:

Low priority:
    • Fix text glitch when obtaining (High Jump/Mermaid Kick/Glide/Superglide)
    • Fix unknown journal entries reading "eeeeee" instead of "??????"
    • Any instance of text misalignment.
    Fixed:
    • Blackscreen after getting OathKeeper before final mix scene. (ew33.ard)
    • Blackscreen when loading into Oogie Manor for the first time (nm07.ard)
    • Blackscreen when transitioning to giant Oogie Boogie cutscene (nm07.ard)
    • Blackscreen after fight with Leon, loading into Riku wake-up scene (pc01.ard)
    • Sora saying "Kingdom Hearts is light!" out of sync (ew33.ard)
    • Grant the rewards for beating Kurt Zisa (al01.ard)
    • Grant the Encounter Plus ability for synthing 15 items (tw12.ard)
      • Credit to Some1fromtheDark for helping with this.
      • Moogle text now fixed.
    • Show the Red Armor Heartless journal entry (he03.ard)
    • Corrected a typo (he02.ard)
    • Improved an issue with the fruit HUD counter in the Tarzan minigame (SLPS_251.98)
      • Still using wrong symbol. | instead of /
    • Corrected ability descriptions (btltbl.bin)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  13. HappehLemons Moogle Assistant

Can I just say I am so glad you are continuing to fix this. I love playing KH2 on my CRT and this is the only way to play the definitive version. Thanks a ton!

14. Sven Cakemann Merlin's Housekeeper

You're welcome! Honestly, it just gives me something to do.

I came across another issue in Neverland (wrong button icon being used when learning to fly), but it's fixed now!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023