Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival (Working Title)

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Soushirei, Feb 22, 2007.

1. Soushirei 運命の欠片

A Fanfiction by Left-Winged Angel, Soushirei on kh-vids forums.

Kingdom Hearts III: The Revival--a very very loose working title which may very well change before it debuts--is a work that takes a new focus on Kairi's past and her drastic development from a Princess of Heart to something much more.

Notes:
    - EDIT: fic WILL include information covered in Final Mix+
    - A new villain is introduced along with characters new and old being introduced or reprised in new and improved ways.
    - Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama/Romance/Comedy (degree of focus varies)
    - Couplings: Primarily Sora/Kairi, however hints of others may apply
    - Setting(s) (confirmed thus far): Destiny Islands/Disney Castle/Radiant Garden/Halloween Town & Candy Cane Lane/Twilight Town/End of The World/Midgar from FFVII:AC/The World That Never Was + Original World

Any additional questions regarding the fic--granted you have any--I am willing to answer if it isn't spoilerific in nature.
    Rule of thumb: Yes or No type questions are usually the safest questions to ask.

For now, I suppose it wouldn't be a problem to showcase the Prologue. So hopefully you'll enjoy!

-- Prologue --
    And there it is. The wedding is not a focal point of the fic, just a note.

If enough people show interest, I don't mind posting up to Chapter 10 (which completes the first half of the story, and ends the first arc) exclusively here on KH-Vids. My original intention was to wait until I finished the fic completely before posting it on fanfiction.net, however, if I get enough requests here for more, I shall consider the aforementioned. I can't guarantee the completion of the fic until at least the summer, so if it isn't, I won't be posting any chapters beyond 10 until I've finished the fic

The fic has its own blog (I shall make a link for it soon in my sig) that I've used since last summer to track the fic's progress. Feel free to give it a view--but keep in mind if I start posting more chapters here, the blog will not be updated as it was meant for the FF.net crowd during post-release.

Although I wouldn't think anyone would do it, I just want to express how upset I'd be if someone took credit for this fic that I've spent lots of hours on--and more to come. I doubt that will be a problem here, however, and I have every intention of finding out if it does occur.

Hopefully you enjoyed the Prologue--does the scene seem familiar to any of you?

2. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Consider this my bump.

I noticed that this thread got some hits over the past few days, so I'm assuming there have been people who read the prologue already, and hopefully those who read it enjoyed it. Here's Chapter One.

-- Chapter One --
    And there we are. Chapter One. If there are any among you who'd like to read more of it, it'd be really great if you could respond to the thread showing your interest, perhaps some thoughts on the work as well if you like. I don't mean this as a way to beg for reviews or feedback, just I need some indication if there are any readers among you whom I'm doing this for, as I would gladly oblige.

If this thread sinks into a deeper hiatus, I'll have to assume there isn't much interest and discontinue posting up new chapters. I have to manually edit these chapters as I paste them in, so if there isn't anyone I see that I have to do that for then I won't waste anyone's time.

Thanks again, everyone.

3. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I liked the story, and Donald's hand in marriage amused me. The writing is solid and your use of grammar is great. My only complaint is that on occasion some stronger adjectives or proverbs are sort of forced into the story; just lodged in there (even if they still mean what they mean, it can occasionally ruin the flow of the story). These occasions are rare and the great story-telling overshadows the faults.

Also, Roxas sends his regards. He left the forum for personal reasons shortly before you came, and he was quite sad as you were a role model for him, and he always looked for your input on his writing.

By the way, everyone, read this story! As Soushirei was the writer who inspired Roxas to write KH-Vids Royale. 'Nuff said.

4. Axel Chaser

Partying, making tags and Staring at the Sun.
    Woah, good way of writing. The dialogue is great. This is probably of the top fanfictions I've read here. Keep it up. Only complaint is that sometimes when you describe something, the sentence sounds awkward.

5. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Thanks, Shikamarus Shadow, Axel, for your input.
    I've gotten the same criticism from many other people as well, and I know it's probably one of the weaknesses in my writing, and yes, I'm working on it... I hope. Haha.

Yeah, I read the thread that Roxas made regarding his 'leaving' of kh-vids, and it's unfortunate to see him go when I just came back. Please be sure to send him my regards as well if you see him, and tell him thanks for appreciating my writing.

I'll post Chapter Two in a few days so if any of you are still interested in reading more, perhaps subscribing to this thread may help give you all some notice.

Thanks again for your comments and criticisms!

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

3 month break my ***.

I'll be sure to read this, Soush. I read a little bit of the prologue and I'll be sure to read the rest sometime tonight.

7. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

You must continue posting the story. I really like your writing style, and the story flows very well.

8. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I read it.

I love it, Soush. D:

I can't wait for the next Chapter. =D

9. Soushirei 運命の欠片

XD It's quite nostalgic to see people still calling me Soushirei/Soushi/Soush/any other variation. Not that I mind; it somewhat helps me know which generation of KH-vids members I'm dealing with. Haha.

Thanks again for the support! Chapter Two will most likely up on Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest, so expect some updates by then.

*goes off to work on Chapter 10*

10. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Hey, everyone. I tripped over my ladder when climbing down my loft-bed this morning and stubbed my toe. Here's Chapter Two.

-- Chapter Two --
    Ba doom, Chapter Two.

* As you probably could tell, I altered the history of Cloud’s ‘timeline’. Denzel is there regardless of the fact that none of the events of Advent Children took place. Basically after the end of FFVII, there was only peace, and rebuilding of 7th Heaven. Cloud still did find Denzel in the abandoned church, but neither he nor anyone contracted Geo-Stigma. It never existed in this altered storyline of Cloud.

11. Inasuma "pumpkin"

That was really good, Soush. I like the emotional element you put into it.

Keep writing--I can't wait for Ch. 3! ^_^

12. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Thanks, Darky. I enjoyed writing Chapter Two, so I'm happy you enjoyed it as well.

The length of Chapter Two is the average length for most of the chapters (i.e. in and around 5,500+ words). Some exceed this, like Chapter Seven which is about 8,000+ words.

Chapter Three starts the beginning of the main plot--albeit very vaguely--but it puts the wheel in motion for the fic.

Hopefully any others who have been following so far can comment as well; it'd be nice to get a few after each chapter I post up.

13. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    Oh man! This Fanfic is amazing! I love you're style of writing. Everything flows together so well, please keep posting the rest of what you've written up here. I can't wait for chapter three!

14. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Thanks, draik88, Storrini. ^^ You really don't know how much I enjoy and appreciate people taking the time to comment anything at all on this work. While most of it is really just an indication to me on who's sticking around and following along, it's also just a much better testament to seeing who's actually reading it.

Just seeing hits go by on this thread can be a little aggravating, haha.

Expect Chapter Three to be up sometime tomorrow. I shall try my best to keep up on the fic--but it definitely doesn't seem likely that I'll be done before Chapter Ten shows up on this thread.

But I really hope you all enjoy what there is to be seen so far, as Chapter Ten will mark the end of the first half of the fic; the end of Act One, if you wanna look at it that way.

15. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Well, I'm a rock solid fan of this fan fiction. And I wasn't even this into KHVR. Haha.

Can't wait for Chapter 3. ;)

16. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Hey, everyone.

I was on my way to lecture when a car completely splashed me with slush on the side of the curb when I was at the bus stop. I wanted to break his windows.

Here's Chapter Three!

-- Chapter Three --
    Cha-ching, Chapter Three.

The references 'Meta', 'Terra', and 'Ozma' are taken from a specific PlayStation One game, can anyone guess which one it was?

17. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Haha. I got that a few times at the bus stop, myself. :p

And the new chapter is really good.

And yeah...ice water to your face isn't very pleasant.

18. Storrini Hollow Bastion Committee

Ooh, even better than the last chapter.

Lawl, Nemas and Ansem. Long lost twins o:

19. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Hahaha, it's a little lame, I know, but I really couldn't find it within myself to make a unique name. I thought I might as well follow the pattern of anagrams.

Besides, Nemas sounded like a nice villain name, you know, like "Nemesis", or something.

Thanks for you continued support, everyone. =D

20. draik88 Twilight Town Denizen

Are you REALLY sure you want to know? O.o
    Riku being somewhat hyper in the morning? o_0 That's kind of a scary thought...

Can't wait for the next chapter! I'll be sure to keep checking back to see if it's up. Great work!