Kingdom Hearts One-Shot: "The Call"

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Destiny's Force, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Kairi let out a sigh of giddy contentment as her feet shuffled across the carpeted hallway to her room. She had just finished taking a shower in preparation for her big date with Sora. However, it took her a few moments into her shower when she realized that she had forgotten to bring her clothes in with her. Fortunately, no one else was home, so she wasn't all that fussed about it. Despite that, Kairi still felt slightly embarrassed being outside the bathroom in nothing but a fluffy, pink towel covering the unmentionables.

"I wonder if Sora remembers our date," the Princess of Heart wondered, entering her bedroom. She had been looking forward to this day ever since she first developed her crush on Sora years ago. Of course, since Sora was adorably dense in asking her out despite the numerous hints that she had been giving, she finally got fed up of waiting for him to make the first move and asked him herself.

"Knowing the guys, it's a safe bet that Riku and the others made sure he didn't forget," Naminé replied as Kairi began digging through her drawers for some underwear. "Of course, this is Sora we're talking about here."

Kairi let out another sigh; this time, one of exasperation. "Yeah. Never there when you want him, but always there when you need him." Suddenly, her face twisted into a frown as she felt her fingers make contact with something thin and stringy. "What the..." Despite her slight reluctance to leave it be, Kairi yanked out from underneath her pile of underwear a hot pink G-string.

"You still have that?" Naminé moaned. "I thought you'd have returned that thing by now." Kairi shook her head as she remembered the previous Christmas when she and her friends had decided to do a Secret Santa. She had received the G-string as her gag gift. At first, she was slightly worried that Sora (of all people) had been the one to get her the gift. It was during New Year's Eve when she found out that the gift was really from Hayner and Tidus. Fortunately, Selphie and Olette managed to exact revenge on both of them for her. She wasn't entirely sure of the details, but whatever the girls did, it caused the guys to be unable to sit down for weeks.

"The guys never put a gift receipt with it and I don't know what else to do with it," Kairi responded. "Besides, it seems a bit expensive." She pursed her lips as her eyes stared at the skimpy piece of cloth. "Although a bigger question would be how they got it in the first place."

"At least it wasn't another electronic ab machine, right?" Naminé replied. Kairi shuddered at the memory of last year. One of the boys (she couldn't remember who) had given her one as a gag gift for her birthday. Curious (and bored), she decided to try it out in the privacy of her own room. Unfortunately, that had been a mistake. As soon as she started it up, the vibrations stimulated her stomach muscles just enough to tickle torture her. To add even more torment, the model had been equipped with a timed-lock mechanism, so the poor girl was forced to endure the tickling for two hours straight before she could remove it. Afterwards, she wrapped it back up and gave it to Riku for his birthday. His abs were more toned and well-defined ever since.

"Anyway..." Kairi stuffed the G-string back into the deepest depths of her dresser. "Better safe than sorry..." Kairi took her phone from the top of her dresser, autodialed Sora's number and put it on speakerphone, leaving both of her hands free to finish getting dressed. As soon as she heard Sora's phone picked up, she chirped gleefully with a "Hi, Sora!" However, she couldn't have been in more astonishment when Sora greeted her back with a "GAH!" Slightly taken back by the weird greeting, her fingers fumbled with her bra. "Sorry! Is this a bad time?"

"Nono! Everything's perfectly fine!" Sora's voice sounded a bit strained as he said this, worrying Kairi.

"Um...okaaaaay..." She wasn't completely buying Sora's assurance, but she decided to let it go for now. "I was just calling to ask if we were still on for today." Sora only grunted in response. "Are you sure you're alright? You don't sound so..." Kairi stopped mid-sentence. "Is that...water splashing?"

"Yeah! Riku and I are sparring near the shore!"

Kairi let out a little sigh. "And you're talking on the phone while doing it?" With one leg caught in her skirt, she leaned over and reached for the phone. "Sora, you sound kinda strange. Maybe I should just, you know, call back later?"

"N-NO, WAIT!" Kairi froze in her awkward position, kicking back her free leg to maintain her balance, giving her the appearance of a figure skater. She could hear Sora gasping for breath. "Don't worry, Kairi! A thousand Heartless couldn't keep me from missing our date!" Kairi felt slightly relieved that Sora hadn't forgotten, but she still wasn't convinced he was okay.

"Well, alright..." She didn't know what else to say, so she decided to let it drop. "Anyway, I'll see you there!"

"Count on it!" Sora replied enthusiastically. As she heard Sora hang up, Kairi shook her head with amusement, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her lips.

"What am I going to do with that boy?" Then she looked in the mirror and realized that she was still standing in her underwear with her skirt crowded around her ankles.

"Yeah, Sora's going to love the whole 'nudie' look," Naminé joked.

"Shut up," Kairi replied playfully as she hiked up her skirt.

As soon as Sora hung up the phone, thunderous, but firm pounding could be heard on the other side of the door.

"Sora? You okay in there?" Riku's voice called out in concern. Sora grimaced as he felt the insides of his stomach churning again.

"Uh...yeah! No worries, Rik...URG!"

Riku sighed as the sounds of plopping and splashing became audible through Sora's groanings. "I told you not to eat those Spicy Chocobo Bean Burritos!" His nose crinkled as the familiar smell of a dead skunk wafted through the door cracks. "Especially seven of them!"

(Note from author: Don't ask me what the whole point was, it was just some random idea that ran through my head. :p )

2. Amber PLUR

XDDD

I lol'd XD

Especially at the ab machine thing XD

3. Chevalier Crystal Princess

xD it's very good and also hilarious.... xD
    This is definately a whole new outlook on KH.....xD

4. Xuan Traverse Town Homebody

LOL, the ending is really unexpected. GJ!

5. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Lol... that was odd xD
    Great story DF :D

6. Destined Working for WDW

Ha! I won't lie, i thought Sora was doing something else. I"m wondering if this will be a mini story arc you have going? You've hinted at the date, i'm wondering if you would do another One Shot to coincide with the events of Sora's suffering and Kairi's apprehension.

Great short dude.

7. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    That's going to be one miserable date for Sora.

8. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

I wonder if you should continue, I only smiled at some parts in it. And chuckled a bit then and there on others. It's good, can't wait to read the rest...if you continue it DF?

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Haha, wow. That would turn into one majorly awkward date! Nice job, it's really funny!

10. Juicy Chaser

I wanted it to be longer D:
    xD

To be honest I thought Sora was up to something else O.O
    It was amusing xD
    Good ~

11. Spunk Ransom you're already perfect

Very nice and funny. I wonder if there will be a story about their date?