Lindsay Lohan Suing Grand Theft Auto Makers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

Lindsay Lohan Suing Grand Theft Auto Makers
    • Source: BBC News
    • Published: July 2, 2014

2. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Ummm... Amaury.... Not to be mean or anything, but this is kinda old news. I already seen other articles about this which were released way earlier than BBC did. But seriously, the cover girl is based on someone else. Don't remember who it is though, so Lohan suing Rockstar is just pointless.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

No matter if it's old, I have only recently heard about this. I would like to think this is a case of seeing things where there is nothing to be seen. Even if it was based off of her then so what? I suppose the negative portrayal of said character would make you mad but unless they are publicly connected to you then the connection is up for interpretation.

4. Fellangel Bichael May

Lindsey Lohan just ran out of crack money and needs a quick way to grab some more

In all seriousness, I think she's just being dumb. Inside Gaming did a whole video on this report. The character Lohan is targeting has LITTLE to NO major connections to herself. Not to mention that female character is not a main part of the story. She's there just as a side mission.

What would make more sense if is Ellen Page sued Naughty Dog for making Ellie's character look similar to the real actor. I think we can all agree that at least that accusation makes sense. This doesn't at all.

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

I suppose if you tilt you head and squint, there is a slight resemblance. My experience with Grand Theft Auto is a little sparse so I can't really judge.

There is always a disclaimer in movies wherein it states that [paraphrasing] 'All resemblance to all people, living or dead, is purely coincidental'. This is done to reduce the possibility of someone taking legal action due to libel. Which is just slander/defamation of character but in movies. Essentially, anything that might be harmful to one's reputation.

Not that Miss Lohan has much of a reputation left...

But she's entirely within her rights to take the case to court under the circumstances.