Birth by Sleep Lingering Will/Terra question

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Naroxa, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Naroxa Merlin's Housekeeper

After The Lingering Will defeats Terranort, why does he just kneel down in the Keyblade Graveyard, when he could leave, and try to help Ven and Aqua? Did they put this in to make it seem more epic or what?

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I think he's tied to the place. I'm pretty sure a lingering sentiment can't really do as much as a person can.

3. Daxa~ #stalker

I think its because he doesnt really have a body or heart left,and that was kinda just the last part of him

4. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

I'm gonna have to agree with Chev. His soul and armor are either tied to that location or it's impossible for him to leave and go to other worlds(or in Aqua's case, a completely different realm) because he's only a Lingering Sentiment and thus is only a soul that took over some armor. I assume that since he has no real body, he can't travel to other worlds.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

That's the only part I have to say I don't agree with exactly. The armor, in a way, can be seen as a make-shift body for Terra's soul. I always figured that this was the only reason as to why the armor was able to fight as it did; the fury of Terra's soul was the catalyst that propelled it into action, and even though its not canon, it's still just as animated then as it was during its figth with Sora. It can also be said to be kind of like the Heartless: they have no physical body for themselves, but they can travel to other worlds. If anything, the Lingering Sentiment could travel, but just chooses not to? (Possibly waiting for Xehanort to return to the spot so it can reclaim its body.)

6. Dredica SNES was the best.

Waiting for Xehanort seems to make most sense to me. Especially since in Final Mix+ he asks, "Xehanort?" And then talks about how Sora isn't Riku. So I think that he is waiting for Xehanort still.

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

When I said real body, I meant a body made of flesh and bones. His armor may be makeshift body but in the end, it isn't his real body and I think that's the reason that he can't leave or like you said, he may have chosen to stay there for whatever reason. The Heartless are different because even though they're just manifest hearts, they have the ability to travel to different worlds by using the Corridors of Darkness so in the end, it doesn't matter for them.

8. Naroxa Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, I think mabye he was waiting for Xehanort to return. But yeah, he's probably tied to the place too. Thanks for replying guys :)

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

A bit late I suppose...

The armor is called "The Lingering Will", so I don't think it can leave because the Keyblade Graveyard is where Terra lost his body, and his will and force went into the armor, keeping him somehow tied to the realm of light. I suppose the armor's waiting for Master Xehanort to come back.