Audio Maka's Melody Spot

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Maka Albarn, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Maka Albarn It's called love

~Hey everyone~

It's been a while since I got at it to actually sing songs. It's one of the things I'm trying to do to relieve stress and (hopefully) get better at it. I can't create original compositions, so it'll be mostly song covers.

If you have a request for me to sing a song, I'd be happy to give it a try! Granted it doesn't have vulgar or crude language in it, I'm not a fan of those.

If you can give me tips, comments, constructive critique, that would be great as well.
    Thank you for stopping by!

[​IMG]
    This is one I recently did as of I recorded it and put it together today. Here's the description from my YouTube:

Unsteady by X Ambassadors

"I actually stumbled across this song in a karaoke app. I didn't really think much about it till I listened to the lyrics, and I felt like it resonated with me. So, finally, I did a cover of it. (Yup, that's me singing in the video)

And I felt like going the extra mile, so I threw in some of my favorite anime and video clips to go along with it.

Anime/Video Games in Here {Not in Order}:
    ~Your Lie In April
    ~Ouran High School Host Club
    ~ Soul Eater
    ~Kingdom Hearts
    ~ Final Fantasy: Advent Children
    ~ Final Fantasy: Crisis Core
    ~Black Cat
    ~Mushishi
    ~Fairy Tail
    ~Attack on Titan
    ~Princess Jellyfish
    ~Ghost Hunt"

And those who can't access embedded videos, here~

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

It's good to see you're back in doing music again.

I like that your voice was much deeper than I've usually heard, it really work with this song. The video idea also really helped with each passing lyrics.

My only tip would be in mixing. It didn't feel like you were singing with the music that was playing. Kind of like how people sing along to karaoke. But, that's just getting technical, and it's not that big of a thing.

Good work.

3. Maka Albarn It's called love

Thank you! Yeah, I was a bit off, but I didn't want to record again. I'm trying to get the timing better in songs; never was one to count the beat, just kind of felt the song.

And with that, I sang a song. Allergy season is just around the corner for me, and I won't have a clear voice for long.

Jack's Lament from Nightmare Before Christmas {Female Cover}

Halloween is just around the corner, and I wanted to get into the spirit of things by trying out this song. I just recently discovered it, but I loved it when I heard it and wanted to try a hand at it

Click Here for Link if Embedded don't work for you

4. Maka Albarn It's called love

This song has given me much comfort of late. I feel like I mess things up all the time, or don't see people I like as much as I should, or just feel like I am alone and that's the way it's going to be.

But this song's message says you're never going to be alone, ever. You just have to trust in the unseen that things will work out the way it should.

Forgive me for my out of tune voice. Listen at your own risk.

Link for those who can't access embedded: Click me

5. Maka Albarn It's called love

Hikaru Nara~ English Cover

"Yay! I got a friend to sing with me! ^~^ I'm so happy to do it. Honestly, usually I don't like singing the English version of an already foreign song, but this turned out great. I absolutely loved doing it.

Anime: Your Lie In April
    Sung With: @Glen "

6. Glen Returned from the dead

The song that gave me the tiniest shred of confidence in singing ability. You sung it well and I enjoyed listening to this!

7. Maka Albarn It's called love

Woooow, has it really been more than a year since I posted in here? Dx Sheesh

Welp, finally got something done. xD If I get in trouble for posting here after a year hiatus, sorryyyyyy. I just wanted to limit my singing to one thread.

Here's my most recent project:

YouTube Description:
    Obviously I was in the Halloween spirit, and this is a song I grew up loving to do all the voices to. I did it once before, but that was a long time ago. I loved how this one turned out.

The picture on the video of the creepy looking person is me~ :3

Okay, so obviously, the really REALLY deep voices are not my natural voices. Since I did this solo, I had to modify some voices to sound close to the original chorus as possible.

So these are the original voices I DID do without editing it or modifying it:
    ~The ghosts
    ~All the witchy sounding voices
    ~Most of the choruses
    ~Stair Monster (teeth grown sharp and eyes glowing red)
    ~The Vampires
    ~The Mayor
    ~The Werewolf
    ~The Skeletons
    ~The creepy Kids at the gulitin and fountain
    ~The parents of one of the creepy kids
    ~THAT INSANE WITCH LAUGH AT THE END. THAT WAS ALL ME

Everything else was my voice, but modified to sound like a dude or really creepy. All copyrights for the original song go to their respected owners. All is mine is my photograph and my voice.

Thank you for listening!