[May be some spoilers] Kairi Question

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by DaSpade101, Jan 20, 2014.

1. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

So I just finished playing Birth By Sleep after finally getting my hands on it and I saw that Kairi was at Radiant Gardens when Aqua was there. I guess my question is, have any of the games really explained how Kairi came to the islands? Like, actually shown a cutscene or something describing it? The only ones I haven't played are Dream Drop and Coded. So if the answer is in those games, then don't spoil me! :p Also, which game is it in so I can get it?

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

There never really was a cutscene of it, but it was explained in one of the Ansem Reports in KHFM.

3. Explode Who?!

Ansem's Report 11, to be precise. You can find it online pretty easily.

Basically, Xehanort determined that Kairi was special, sensing the light inside of her, and he suspected she would lead him to a keyblade wielder. So he cast her out into space (or the lanes between, to use the correct terminology) to see what would happen. We can safely assume that it was Aqua's spell that caused Kairi to drift to Destiny Islands. However, Xehanort might have reasoned that since she was (allegedly) a princess of heart, a keyblade master would actively attempt to save her: it's one of their responsibilities to protect the princesses. Or maybe he somehow knew about or detected Aqua's spell, it's never specified. Either way, he wanted to find a keyblade wielder, and he did.

He had multiple motives for wanting to know where the keyblade wielder (Riku) was. One of which was so he could gauge how long he had to round up the princesses before they tried to stop him (as suggested in AR:11). At which point he could either make the keyblade wielder his ally, or destroy them (reclaiming Kairi in the process). The other reason gets a little muddied up in DDD spoilers, so I won't go into that.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  4. Misty gimme kiss

Just to add to iwantedtoexplode's explanation, here's the text of Ansem Report 11:
    ( credit to the KH Wiki, tho I assume it's the official translation now that 1.5 is out )

It's important to note that these are written by Xehanort and not Ansem the Wise.

5. DaSpade101 Destiny Islands Resident

That's a good clarification! Thanks for the information everyone. Does anybody know which KH Ansem's report is from?

6. Misty gimme kiss

It's from the first game, but the reports from 11 onwards are only available in the Final Mix versions--which is why you might not be familiar with them (unless you've played 1.5).

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

If you're talking about the one Misty just quoted, it's from the former Japan-exclusive KH1FM (which is now available to the rest of the world thanks to 1.5 HD ReMix)

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Wait... Kingdom Hearts 1.5 has Final Mix content in English as well? And I'm assuming Kingdom Hearts 2.5 will be the same?

Okay, I need a PS3...

9. Misty gimme kiss

Yes. 1.5 is Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. II.5 will be Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, as well as Birth by Sleep Final Mix.

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

You just knew this?

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Apparently I'm stupid.