Micro SD Card Problem.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Shadow, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow Banned

So, I have a Kingston 2GB micro SD card, and randomly when I went to use it, it just wouldn't be recognized in anything, phone, computer, and all, I tried a few different readers, and I want to know, before I fork out $$$ for another, what could I do.

The day before, it would work fine, I could transfer things on and off easily with a variety of readers.

By the way, my Mom has a 1GB Kingston Micro SD card for her phone, and it works fine with all the readers.

2. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Does it come with a warranty? You might want to check that out first to see if you can get it replaced.
    If not, then you can look up online or take it back to where you bought it and ask them if there's any common errors in the model you have.

Or there could just be some dust on the inside of the card. You could probably blast it out with something if that's the case. xD

3. cronoking Chaser

Like she said, there could be dust.

Also check for anything on the metal parts that could be messing them up, like a deep groove, a tear, or any substance that could be making it ureadable. You might also try inserting and removing it a few times. When I insert my SD card into my computer it doesnt always recognize it off the bat.

4. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

That happened to me once with a PSP Memory Stick (it was a 2 GB too T_T). If you've thuroughly cleaned it and the slot for it, then there's no fixing that, you'll need to buy a new one. Just advice for the future, don't buy memory cards, Memory Sticks, SD Cards, etc. off eBay, that's where most of these cases come from according to what I've read and heard.

5. Shadow Banned

My friend did that, and the card (32GB Micro SD) came full of pr0n.

Anyway, you guys dont sound like you know what a Micro SD card looks like..it has not slots or places for dust..

Here it is..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So yeah, I guess this just confirms that it busted.

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

No, I have one. I have several, actually. >_>

Dust can get in it, since there are small openings at the front of the card.

But as I'm looking at my oldest one now, I'm noticing small wear marks on the gold part.
    And I noticed on the picture of yours...the gold strips seem to not be aligned. Is it supposed to be like that?

7. Shadow Banned

Yes, its the same on my mothers, and its always been like that on mine.

8. cronoking Chaser

lol, Dust can get stuck in there. I should know, I have that same exact one. If you've accidently stepped on it that might screw it up. Magnets and small static shocks can also mess it up too. Try looking in forums if the site for that company has any, or other forums that deal with a lot of technology to see if others have had this problem. Worse comes to worse, you might just have to buy a new one.

9. Repliku Chaser

Do you have an air can to spray that off? You may even be able to get a q-tip with some alcohol and run it over it lightly and let it dry and try the card again. The problem could be as simple as the card is dirty and one of these or both methods should work to help get it better. If it doesn't, I'd check if it has a warranty because it could be busted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.