Support Mouse touchpad won't move while typing.

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Fearless, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Fearless A good and beautiful child

So as most of you know, I got a new laptop this week. It's beautiful, an Acer Aspire 571, but I've scoured the internet and cannot for the life of me find an answer for this.

I realize this is actually a common thing in newer computers, so that the mouse won't move while you're typing up a paper or something. The issue is, I play Minecraft on my computer, and I kinda need the touchpad and the keyboard to work in tandem.

I've tried messing with the sensitivity and palm check sliders, but they don't do a damn thing.

I run Windows 7, if that makes a difference.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well, I haven't had that problem, but is it maybe that while you're typing you've got a bit of your hand on the touchpad? I've had that happen to me a lot, so while I'm trying to move the mouse pad while I type, I find that I'm also touching the mouse pad while typing, and for some reason that throws it off.

3. Misty gimme kiss

It's not default behavior, it's probably just a feature the manufacturer built in, like two-finger scrolling or something. A lot of touchpads will have specific settings that are, sadly, hidden pretty well. It involves mostly searching around in the Control Panel. It'll vary by model but that's what's true for mine, at least (HP Envy m6).

I knew mine was a Synaptics brand touchpad so I just put that into the Control Panel search box and found it. Specifically, mine is in the Hardware and Sound area of the Control Panel. I suppose it depends a lot on your model. What's the make of the computer?

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Acer Aspire V3 571, with an i5 processor and Windows 7.

5. Misty gimme kiss

Go into the control panel, search Mouse, and click on the first option. A dialog box should pop up with some tabs, there may be one called Elan or something? Try in there.

6. Fearless A good and beautiful child

I've looked in there, and messed with the sensitivity and palm check options. Didn't do much, sadly.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I have an aser aspire but I honestly don't think you can fix it my does that too. It could just be asers.

8. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Might be. I mean, it's not like I can't play Minecraft at all, it's just more of a pain in the butt. If it couldn't be fixed, I can always get a USB mouse.
    I just want to see if this is something that can be fixed.

9. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Yeah. But I'm sure you would end up buying a mouse anyway becuse touch pad would be a pain. Lol

10. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Not really, on my old laptop I've been playing Minecraft with the touchpad just fine, and I've been playing since November.
    And I've played other games on my laptop with the touchpad for years.

And getting a mouse would be less 'buy a new one' and more 'steal the one from the desktop computer'.

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You must have a lot of patience then.