Moving Out for the Better..............

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by mindy lover, Jun 18, 2014.

1. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

I feel u on that. God, I argue with my om so much i have to move out now, not just for my sake but for my sibling's sake. My mom's pretty abusive emotionally and otherwise. For like 19 years of my life, I've lived there, but I haven't ever lived my life fore me, save academically. Everything's been for her. I've tried being the daughter she wants me to be for 19 years of my life. It's never enough. It's always one thing after another. At this point, I told her I'm moving out for college.

At first she said it was fine, but then later she totally changed her mind. As time gets closer to my move out date, she gets angrier with me. It's not fair. I mean, she said if i move out I'm not thinking about my family, but I'm moving out for my family. Both for financial and emotional reasons. Too many ppl in one apartment. one less person makes a difference.

I can't live there 4 more years, so i'm moving, she's not going to be happy, but i have to make myself happy for once in my life, right?

2. Misty gimme kiss

If you're living in an abusive environment and have an opportunity to leave it then I think that's a no-brainer situation, despite how your mother may be trying to guilt you into staying. Without knowing the full extent of your relationship with your mom and your financial situation, though, I can't be much more specific than that. Can I ask how you plan to move out, financially? Do you have the money saved to pay your own way? Are you relying on your mother to contribute?

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

She can't keep you under her roof forever, you have to move on and be your own person anyway so don't let her guilt you into staying because it's your life and you can't spend it completely living for someone else, you have to do something for yourself no matter what. Her anger is probably a manifestation of you growing up and leaving her, really it's just her not wanting to lose her daughter, maybe she still sees you as her baby girl, it is hard but it's for the best.

4. mindy lover Destiny Islands Resident

yes, I'm moving in with my friend's mom and plan to get a job while i'm there. No, I'm not depending on my mother for support, b/c she doesn't support my decisions unless they benefit her life. Also, I get so much aid for college i get paid to go to school. Her mom's nice enough to let me stay there. I'll be contributing mostly toward food b/c i'm a health nut.[DOUBLEPOST=1404849293][/DOUBLEPOST]