MS: The World Has Changed

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Serenacake, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Serenacake Traverse Town Homebody

warnings: pg-13 content, and crack. read at your own risk.

edit: no critism/advice. plz. kthx.
    _

The stars from my observatory were bright that night, brighter than I had ever seen them. They were magnificent, lighting up the sky, bringing a relaxing wave over my heart. There were stories that said that stars lead the way to the truth - that they lead us down our truth paths, whatever they are. In that way, I had always loved the way people thought of stars. Of course, they didn’t really help us reach the truth, but the thought itself, in believing that, could achieve the same effect.

But at the same time, I felt something run through my body, a small trickle of a feeling. The truth, also, sometimes wasn’t what we wanted, and sometimes, it meant darkness. It wasn’t always sugar and rainbows, sometimes, it meant things we couldn’t bear to see, or it meant things we couldn’t swallow.

I wasn’t wrong. In the coming hour, a great darkness - or light, I wasn’t sure which, swallowed me whole. The only thing that I knew - was that I was somewhere unfamiliar.

I woke upon my own bed, but I soon realized I wasn’t where I had been before. Outside, I heard the roaring of cars, and on the inside, a room unfamiliar to my own. It was plastered with pin ups of girls I had never seen before, in clothing that I’d never seen before. In fact, the clothing wasn’t like anything I’d seen in my world before at all. They were simple clothing, covering only the ‘parts’ of the women. On the floor were books scattered. I couldn’t stand the sight of books being treated so poorly, so I carefully stacked them.

I began to wonder why I was here - of course it was like to me, to take care of the books before anything else, but that was beside the point. Was there any reason for me being there?

Then I remembered, the last thing I remembered was staring at the stars in my observatory - of course, the bright skies that night, they must have had something to do with why I was here, and what was going on.

The stars, they must have shown some sort of truth - something in their glimmer must have meant something. That, I didn’t doubt. These events were, no doubt, not without meaning. Their was some connection, and some truth. What it was, I didn’t know. However, what little I could tell, was there was more than it seems, much more truth - and perhaps the start of something great.

Teleport stones rarely malfunctioned, and even when they did, they did never do anything on the level of this. Out the window was an unfamiliar city before me, one of grand brick and mortar. Wherever I was, I wasn’t home anymore.

That, itself, was a sign that something wasn’t right. My whole life, I spent researching, and reading as a royal Scholar. I loved stories, and my dream was to have my own. When I was a boy, I wish I’d awaken one day and things would change. I never thought such things would actually happen.
    But now, it seems a truth was hidden, a message waiting to be reading, a secret waiting to be found. Something stirred, I could feel it.

And it was the start of an adventure.

Doctor Cid Gumine
    Madder Skies
    Chapter 1: A beginning of an Almost Inevitable End