My grandmother just passed away.

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Azure Flame, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Azure Flame Banned

For the last couple days my grandmother was in the hospital after having both a stroke and a heart attack. It left her mostly paralyzed. All she could do was breathe and move her right arm and leg and that was it. She couldn't open her eyes or even swallow. Her pacemaker had kept her heart going but it was only a matter of time. Today my dad went to go visit her again. I didn't want to go since he said she looked really bad and I didn't want my last memory of her to be like that. I wanted to remember her like I last saw her at a Christmas Party where she was so happy. I went about my life as usual and a few minutes ago my dad came home. He wanted me and my sis to give him a hug so I knew something was up. As we hugged he told us she passed away. He said she went peacefully while everyone was at lunch. I knew it would happen, I just didn't think it would be this soon. I'm still crying. I really loved her and I'm going to miss her. I still can't believe she's gone, though.

2. riku lover Banned

I'm really sorry to hear that Kyle. I've been through the death of my family members who I loved too so I know how it feels. The pain never fully goes away but eventually you'll be able to stop crying and go about your life like you used to.

3. Azure Flame Banned

Thank you. I don't know how long it will take, though.

4. riku lover Banned

It takes different amounts of time for different people to start to relax a little more. Sometimes, who passed away and how close you were to them affects how long it will take. The longest it took for me was about a month.

5. Azure Flame Banned

Well, we weren't really that close, I only saw her maybe once or twice a year. But I loved her very much as my grandmother. She was so nice all the time.

6. riku lover Banned

It'll take you at least a week to start feeling better and be able to live your life like you did before you knew she passed away. I hope you feel better soon. I'm almost always at Emma's house if you need to talk to me.

7. Azure Flame Banned

Okay. Thank you. I'm glad to have you as a friend. *hugs*

8. Maka Albarn It's called love

Aw... I'm sorry to hear that... I know how exactly you feel. I'm still recovering from a death of a close family member, and it's been about five months now. The pain will go away soon, you just have to be patient. Hope things will get better for you soon...

9. Azure Flame Banned

Thank you. I hope so too.

10. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

*hugs back*

Hi Kyle. I'm sorry about what happened. You can always PM me and talk. I'm always happy to help you whenever I can.

P.S. the teal text is Marissa

11. Azure Flame Banned

Thank you, both of you. I'm lucky to have such great friends.

12. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Sometimes when your really upset, it helps to have people you know you can trust. I promise you will fell better after a few days. The first day is always the toughest.

13. Azure Flame Banned

Thank you for all your help. I know I'll be able to get through this with yours and Marissa's help.

14. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

When something like this happens, it's good to have help. Even it's a little, it's still your friend helping. It also helps sometimes to know that you have all these people who care about you. My kitten is kissing the screen so I'm guessing she's trying to cheer you up too.

15. Azure Flame Banned

lol. That made me smile.

16. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

I'm glad. It's good to know that you're starting to feel better. Even my evilest hermit crab has a sorry look. Obviously it's because of what happened to you because it's never sorry for pinching me. Kyle, even the animals that have no idea who you are care.

17. Azure Flame Banned

Well, I'm glad to hear that.

18. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Right now, you should find a place you're the most happy at and try and be there. For me, it's the SPCA with the kitties. I feel so relaxed there and happy. It always helps me feel better. Hopefully it can work for you too.

19. Azure Flame Banned

Well, the place I am happiest is on here.

20. gintasthebest Traverse Town Homebody

Alright. Just know that I'm always available to help whenever I can.