NaNoWriMo [2013]

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Clawtooth, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Rev up those novels!!

It's that time of year again folks! The month of November is quickly approaching and it's almost time for National Novel Writing Month.

For those unaware, National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo to use a portmanteau, is a celebration of hard graft at the art of story-writing. The challenge is to write a 50,000 work novel in the space of the 30 days of November, with the spirit being to get away from the habit of drafting and redrafting multiple times and to just write it all down and (possibly) edit it later.

I know that quite a number of or members have done this in the past 3 or 4 years, so I'm really looking forward to seeing who steps up to the challenge this year.

I myself am not taking part in the novel writing challenge, but I will be (once I have the two essays I have due for school) using the month of November to plan and write some things of my own - using the momentum of the occasion.

Feel free to post here if you are taking part and once the month starts, offer words of encouragement to others - or as the case may be frustration at yourself - over the challenge!

Good luck guys!

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm still not too sure if I'm going to participate this year. Last year, events came up out of my hands right before November which kept me from really writing, so I kind of feel like I have to make up for that lost time. I also have 15 credits hours in university, which also includes all the homework and reading, and a play coming up in early November. I also have a number of story ideas I want to do, so choosing one now and having a good amount of time for it will be a while. It's really fun though and I really encourage others to participate.

3. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Lol, I remember writing just 20,000 words was enough for me. x_x

Anyway, I'll actually be writing a play for this year. It's something that I've been working on for the past couple of years or so outside of NaNoWriMo, so hopefully things will go smoothly. c:

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I may or may not "participate" in NaNoWriMo this year, but I've got an idea for a story that a friend told me about, and I'd like to try and get it down.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I've always started NaNoWriMo, but never got past the first few days. One thing that's stopped me is doing something completely new and finishing it when I can't even finish my own actual work. Well, that and lack of time. Since I have plans for my own sets of comic books, though, I'm going to write a work taking similar elements but being unrelated and original from my comic book idea in order to get me started on my comic books for the future.