Support Need a plugin for chrome that blocks redirecting spam-like websites

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Blayz Mods, May 9, 2014.

1. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

basically what I need is chrome plugin or extension is wut their referred as that blocks spam-like adds that redirects me by automatically opening a new tab in my browser, I have a couple extensions added to chrome but their not blocking the specified ads that I want blocked, if someone here knows a extension that blocks those redirecting ads I would really appreciate it if they could link me to the plugin/extension. thx guys for any help with this.^^

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yeah, I've been experiencing this as well when using Google Chrome to check things as a guest. I just close the tab and go on my way.

Not sure what the issue is, but you could always switch to Mozilla Firefox.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually haven't had an issue with that. But I just use Adblock Plus.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, even with Adblock Plus, it happens.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Chrome is good about windowed pop-up ads but not as good with tabbed pop-up ads. I've mostly used ABP with a ton of white listing, but that really is a shotgun approach, and as mentioned it still isn't entirely accurate (though I guess nothing will be).

Just a quick thought, you may also want to run some form of a malware scan. Personally at least I find that when I start seeing especially annoying ads with any frequency it usually isn't the website, though that is very dependent on what sites you frequent.

6. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

alright thx guys, @Mixt I will try that and see if that works, thx again.

7. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

ok now I need a link to a better pop up blocker plugin for chrome because classic popup blocker for chrome isn't doing ****, sry for the language its nothing personal just in a bad mood having a bad day today, anyway anyone know a popup blocker for chrome that's better then classic popup blocker however its pronounced?

8. Misty gimme kiss

If you're getting a lot of popups then I really can't stress what Mixt is saying enough: a lot of malware will make your browser show popups, redirect you to other websites, etc. If this is happening no matter what website you're on then run a scan with Malwarebytes.

9. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

kk will do.

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Check out Adblock Plus.

A lot of the popups you are seeing are coming from iframes in ads and not the websites themselves. If you block the ads, you will also block the popups. When you find an ad that opens a popup, add a custom rule to Adblock Plus and it will not happen again.

If you go to a scam website on your own, not much can be helped.