Support Netgear WEP

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 61, Aug 12, 2013.

1. 61 No. B

I'm trying to change the security type or whatever on our wireless so my PSP will be able to connect. When I go to change the security type I'm not seeing WEP anywhere. Can someone explain to me why this is or if I'm doing something wrong or what? I have no idea.

this is what I'm seeing
    Untitled.png

2. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Kinda difficult to tell since you didn't give a model number. But from what I've been able to find this may be of some help to you?

However, I can't recommend you keep your security option as WEP. Dunno what version your running but the PSP should be able to accept WPA.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

Yes. There should be a WPA key for you to enter, as that's how we got it work on our last ISP. I haven't been able to get reconnected on my PSP with our current ISP yet because we're using a router this time since they only have modems with one USB plugin compared to the previous one that had four USB plugins.

4. 61 No. B

Okay well I have it set to 145 at the moment. I changed it to 54 to see if it would be an option, and it was, but I don't want to lower the number (not sure how or what that would effect. If it's no big deal though, fine), and if you wouldn't recommend WEP then I guess I shouldn't use it.

Photo Aug 12, 12 04 23 PM.jpg
    Here's what I'm seeing on the PSP (mine is the one not supported). To me this seems to imply that the only WEP is supported. When I tried to switch to TKIP or TKIP+AES a warning came up saying that they were only supported with Up to 54 mbps. So I'm not sure if that means I have no other option but to lower it. If it can connect to something other than WEP I'm not sure how/what it would be.

I mean it's not a huge deal, I just wanted to know if there was something simple I could do to fix it.

5. Misty gimme kiss

I believe the PSP only supports WPA, not WPA2. WPA is still a step up from WEP, so give it a shot and see if it works out.

6. kingdomheartsgeek Traverse Town Homebody

It supports WPA2 just fine (in my case)