Square-Enix New Dissidia Announced (For Arcades)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Feb 14, 2015.

1. libregkd -

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
  2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

That looks amazing! It looks good enough to come to consoles and it would work well! The PSP that it's normally on would probably struggle with 3v3 but next gen would do well. I hope they retain the villains as well, I didn't see any I don't think aside from the small shots at the beginning. It wouldn't be Dissidia without villains ;-;

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh....my....goodness. Am I dreaming? Is it finally happening?! The gameplay looks phenomenal!! Definitely better than it's predecessor. OH, but why for arcades though!? DX Dang it, now I gotta start saving my quarters....AND find people who would want to play in my area...

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Looks so much better than the PSP games. I'll be very disappointed if it isn't released on consoles at some point.

5. Arch Mana Knight

You'd only have to save if you live in Japan. Arcades are dead everywhere else. Dammit Japan, the 80's were 30 years ago. It's so strange knowing that arcades still make money there.

As cool as it looks, I'm not sure how RPG elements would work on the Arcade. Without being able to take up time setting up your character's moves and equipment...Dissidia would lose a lot of its flavor. If it doesn't have those elements, then if it gets ported to consoles then its lifespan would solely depend on the competitive crowd and there'd be close to 0 replayability. And what about a story mode anyways? Can't imagine there'd be anything but less of a focus on that now.

Shiny new graphics, new characters, and 3v3 battles are all great but if everything else from the previous games are cut then that novelty will wear off fast. That being said...dammit I want Type-0 characters in it.

6. 61 No. B

My immediate thought after hearing about this. I think it already has to an extent, or maybe that's just my waning interesting in FF. This does nothing for me.

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I look at something like this the same way I look at a tekken arcade cabinet. If there is no story (or one that isn't that great) I won't really care. Can I play tekken at home? Sure. But if I see an arcade and they have tekken, you can bet your sweet ashe that I am going to play a few rounds for sure. That being said, I'd buy this 100%. If there was some competitive play around it as well that would do wonders for the game and I would totally be on board for that.

8. libregkd -

9. libregkd -

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  10. Arch Mana Knight

Ramza confirmed? Looks like @Boy Wonder will be excited to see this. New theme is interesting. Really hoping some Type-0 characters show up. The most logical choices being Machina, Rem, and Ace. Maybe we'll even get Noctis. DLC Noctis? I can't imagine Square passing up the chance to give us some more Noctis. Maybe his EX Mode(if that's sticking around) will involve running over everybody with the car. Or having Gladio flex(doing infinite damage to everybody). Glad a PS4 version is confirmed though!

11. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Huh. I almost expected it to be on the Vita. Square is the kind of developer to keep supporting that sinking ship against their better judgement.

12. Arch Mana Knight

Counterexample: Type-0 HD was specifically not ported to the Vita because...well because of obvious reasons. (And it's amusing that there are people out there who are still complaining about it.)

I'm not sure I'm fond of the HUD though. Too much on the screen. Hopefully that stuff can be toggled...or it'll be less cluttered in the final version(or at least for the PS4).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  13. libregkd -

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  14. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    A fair point, that.

15. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Pretty graphics are pretty~

Anyway, really awesome that they are adding in at least 50 playable characters (sort of looking off the roster for Theatrhythm: Curtain Call and hoping it will be somewhat the same) and incorporating party members into the gameplay. Also greater news that there'll be a PS4 port, although assuming that it will be quite a while until it's released in Japan and even later for NA/EU.

16. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Thanks for the updates on this, it is look friggen sweet so far.

17. Patman Bof

If I am to believe FFDream SE said they intend to keep this game alive for a decade.

18. libregkd -

19. Krowley Moderator

Really digging that theme that keeps playings. Also glad to hear it gets to come to PS4.

20. Arch Mana Knight

Seems like Noctis will be making it into the game. After XV's release of course.

Also, Kotaku's got a hand-on with this game. Those joysticks on the arcade machines aren't actually joysticks(as in, they don't move around). The center crystal button is used for summons and the arcade has a touch screen for quick customization to the characters before battle. Unfortunately, HP attacks are limited to just one that you can equip at a time.

Here's hoping Machina and Rem make it into the roster considering they're the most likely candidates for Type-0(unless Ace is used as the sole representative).