Kingdom Hearts II Official Kingdom Hearts Challenges

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by DarKnight36, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

OK, so you guys think you can play Kingdom Hearts? Try these on for size:

NOTE: Before you read these challenges, please note that many are time-consuming and very frustrating. Not for newbies...unless you're insane.

Challenge #1: Kingdom Key
    Play through the game using only the Kingdom Key. Rating: Easy (Most of the game, the Kingdom Key is your most powerful Key anyway)

Challenge #2: No Items
    Play through the game not using any items. Rating: Moderate (pretty hard if you think about it, especially before you get Cure)

Challenge #3: No Abilities
    Play through the game without any abilities. Rating: Moderate (your abilities are nice when you're fighting enemies with lots of HP)

Challenge #4: No Summoning
    Play through the game without using any summons. Rating: Moderate (think Titan Cups)

Challenge #5: No Accessories
    Play through the game without equipping accessories. Rating: Easy (most only give you boosts in defense and AP, which are nice but not all that important)

Challenge #6: Sora Party
    Play through the game with Donald and Goofy's settings on Sora Party Rating: Moderate (they won't attack at all, but will cure you)

Challenge #7: Same Party
    Play through the game without switching party members, unless it's crucial to continue the story Rating: Easy (I do this all the time)

Challenge #8: No Magic
    Play through the game without using any magic Rating: Hard (especially later in the game--no cure)

Challenge #9: Achieve 99 of every item
    Get 99 of every item in the game Rating: Time-Consuming / Moderate (this is really long but it shouldn't be too hard with your lucky lucky abilities)

Challenge #10: Fight only Bosses
    Fight only the bosses or enemies needed to continue storyline Rating: Hard (no leveling up means harder fights)

Challenge #11: Level 100
    Attain Level 100 on all characters in the game Rating: Moderate (usually by the time Sora is level 100, the rest of the characters are too)

Challenge #12: Maximum Stats
    Max out your stats on every character in the game Rating: Moderate (again time-consuming, you have to find a lot of stuff)

Challenge #13: No Death
    Do not die the entire game Rating: Hard (probably more than you realize)

Challenge #14: No Drive Forms
    Do not use drive forms the entire game Rating: Moderate (drive forms are only useful in crisis situations anyway)

Challenge #15: Sora vs. Sephiroth
    Sora vs. Sephiroth w/ no accessories, magic, items, abilities, etc. Rating: Very Hard (Sephiroth's already hard, but no healing????)

Challenge #16: Less than 500 hits
    Achieve less than 500 hits the whole game Rating: Hard (extremely so)

Challenge #17: Default Equipment
    Do not change equipment the entire game Rating: Moderate (about as hard as above)

Challenge #18: Sephiroth Fight
    As soon as it is available, defeat Sephiroth Rating: Hard (Sephiroth at a low level is TOUGH!)

Challenge #19: Use only Magic
    As soon as you get magic, use it only Rating: Hard (no explanation needed I think)

Challenge #20: Defense
    Do not attack at all during the game, simply use defensive moves. Deflecting attacks and counterattacking with the ability is fine. This only applies after you become Sora and have Donald and Goofy. They will attack for you and you will act as their support. Rating: Hard

Challenge #21: 0 Hits
    Take no damage during the game. Rating: Nearly Impossible (and if you've played you know why)

Challenge #22: 15 Hour Challenge
    Play the game in 15 hours or less. Rating: ???? (I've never done it and I'm not sure it even can be done, so someone could try it and tell me...I will try it some time and get back to this).

EDIT Challenges:

Challenge #23: Offense
    Only use offensive magic and attacks, no defensive stuff. You can't heal either. Rating: Hard (no healing is tough)

Challenge #24: The 99 Challenge
    Obtain 99 of all weapons (buyable), all accessories, all armor, all items, Level 99 all characters with 99 on all their stats, all abilities equipped, defeat 9999 of all Heartless in the game, and obtain the max amount of munny possible. Rating: The most Time-consuming challenge of them all, this is the one I've been working on. Remember, things you cannot buy or synthesize don't count, as well as things that have Orichalcums in them (you can't readily find them, so they don't count...)

Challenge #25: No Armor
    Don't equip any armor Rating: Medium

Challenge #26: Ultimate Challenge
    Challenges #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #24, #25, and complete the journal all the way. Rating: Extremely hard

2. Donaut Banned

You only go up to level 99. I like being a smartass at night.

3. RRMS Gummi Ship Junkie

i've done 4 and 7...........

4. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

LOL I actually adapted it from a Kingdom Hearts Challenge thing I found on some website, so there you go.

5. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

i've done the final challange

i also almost did challange 2

which kind of mode do you have to be for the chananges, easy,medium, or proud mode

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I've done 1, 4, 13 and 14. For 1 I didn't know you could change keyblades and so never did, but I new you could otherwise it would be pointless getting the other keychains.

4- I thought the summons were pointless so never used them (I didn't want to loose any of my drive gauges with 14) 13- I have gone through it on the easiest level without dying.

7. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

It's impossible to do 9 because some fights will force you to kill regular Nobodies and Heartless like the one at the beginning of the game but I'm working on 1 and up, I don't need summons anyway, which should I do it on, Easy, Standard or Proud?

Edit: Forget that, I haven't done it, I've never done it with Cure, and 15 hours is impossible as well. Challenge 19 is impossible because some Enemies are Immune to magic, 21 is impossible unless you don't count the times Xemnas has absorbed your health.

8. kairilover100 Moogle Assistant

u are funny as hell isaw that click here or die thing so i cliked it was funny was that code for myspace

9. Lord Knight Xiron Hollow Bastion Committee

Monestary of the Endless Stair, Labyrinth
    I've done 4 and 12 already. Is no summoning really a challenge?

10. Hunted Hunter Twilight Town Denizen

I've done:
    1: Kingdom Key
    4: No Summoning
    8: No Magic
    11: Level 100 (Actually, level 99. That's the highest level.)

And it's actually not that hard not to use magic at all, even cure. I only used magic my third time through the game.

11. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

I've only done #1, 7, 12 and 13.

Is it even possible to beat KH II in 15 hrs? The fastest I have seen is 24 hrs.

12. Desmonic Kingdom Keeper

Let me see.. I've done:

Hmm.. I've done quite some..

13. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

Just so you all know:

This is for Proud Mode, because otherwise it's not very challenging...

And things that you have to go through (like the fights at the beginning of the game or Xenmas leeching off your health at the end) do not count towards the challenges, as there is no way to avoid them.

No Summoning isn't all that hard of a challenge, unless you're trying to the Titan Paradox Cup and meet the point goal...then it's hard.

I'm working on the 99 Challenge right now...

14. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

The magic thing is a bit easy if you have enough ethers and elixers for it. But the Sephiroth and 0 hits thing is probably impossible.

15. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

For the 0 hits, it is insanely hard, but not impossible.

Most people, I find, always think offensively in a battle. However, there is another way of doing things: the way I called defense.

First, you figure out all of your opponents. In the Journal, it will tell you a good way to defeat them. Next, do not attack. The enemies will attack you, but do not attack them. Dodge their attacks, and wait for an opening. Third, magic is one of your best options for killing opponents. Get far away and blast them with blizzard or thunder magic. If they get close, hit them with fire.

Besides magic, you can use open attacks. However, after a combo move, you are left open for a split second that is usually when you are hit. Single out an opponent, lure them away from the pack, and combo them ONCE if you have time. If not, hit them as many times as you can, and then run away.

This is extremely time-consuming, but it does work if you can keep track of all your opponents and not let them swarm you.

And Sephiroth...well I'm not even going to go there. Kingdom Hearts is all about patterns. OK, I'll go there.

We all know Sephiroth's attacks, but several wonderful ways to counter them. Guarding works well, and I mean, REALLY well. If he's doing his ground move at you, then guarding and counterattacking will knock him out and into one of your combos. Plus, if he knocks you into the air, wait till you hear him warp into the air before pressing square to counter attack.

Hi-Potions (w/Item Boost attached) are very good when you are out of MP, and Elixirs work wonders afterwards. His Heartless Angel attacks, I find, can only be countered with High Jump and Aerial Spin, so leveling up your Drive Forms beforehand would probably work best (Valor and Master). Plus to dodge his attacks, you can use the Wisdom form ability (don't remember the name).

I would have tried the Sephiroth challenge, but I'm already way past it, so I can't tell you how it works out. If it's too impossible, I'll just make a level limit.

16. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Yeah but in one challenge it says to fight Sephiroth without magic, abilities, items and who knows what else, and High Jump and Aerial Spin and in another challenge it says only attack offensevly through the whole game, which means no blocking or reflecting, or curing or potions, 0 hits is going to be hard if you can't use Abilities.

17. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

The good thing is, the Offense Mode doesn't say you have to fight Sephiroth in it, and fighting Sephiroth without magic, etc. is extremely tough, but you can be any level to do it in. So, you can pump yourself up with Power Boosts and stuff, and cream him that way. Of course, I don't expect everyone to really do all of these. There are a couple I don't want to do...

18. Desmonic Kingdom Keeper

Sephiroth isn't that hard at all.. I beat him, on lvl 41, with no magic, no abilities, no items, etc.. and he only got one touch on me..
    the offensive challenge is kind of related to this Sephiroth fight, cuz, if can defeat Sephiroth like that, you can easily do this one.
    0 hits maybe be a little bit hard( yes, I'm being sarcastic)... but it's possible..

19. DarKnight36 Gummi Ship Junkie

Like I said, as long as you can get your enemies' patterns down, these challenges won't seem so hard anymore...

By the way, I'm going to post my own little challenges for the mini-games around (starting with Twilight Town)...

Challenge #1: Mail Delivery
    Complete within 8 seconds. This should be pretty easy, only taking you a couple of tries. My time = 7"89.

Challenge #2: Cargo Climb
    Complete within 10 seconds. This is hard. Took me forever, but I finally did it. HINT: You need Fenrir and Negative Combo. My time: 9"36.

Challenge #3: The Ball Thing which I don't remember the name of
    Complete with maximum number of hits. This is so insanely boring it's not even funny. But it shouldn't be too hard. I kept getting bored and forgetting to press the X button, so I've gotten to around 650 hits. My advice to make the time go faster is to use Star Seeker, equip both Air Combo Pluses, and then you'll have 6 hits instead of 3. Or you could equip Berserk Mode and heal, then smack into the air and hit it constantly until your MP recharges and then you can heal again and start smacking again (doing this in midair is really hard and I kept dropping it but I got to like 118 hits every time I did this at the beginning. If you can do it successively, it should take you a lot less time than normal...) By the way, the max is 9999 hits.

And that's all I've done so far, so...

20. Desmonic Kingdom Keeper

#1 Yay!! My record is 7''87... Barely made it..
    #2 Lucky you.. My record is 9''40
    #3 Again, YAY!! I've 1000, after that I gave up.. to damn boring..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.