Kingdom Hearts II Old or new

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Kaidron Blaze, May 11, 2011.

1. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    In the Kingdom Hearts universe it is normal that when a games characters or names get translated into our native languages that sometimes people make a mistake and others use the wrong names thinking they're right.
    Here are some I know of:
    Organisation 13 was called The 13th Order
    Unversed were called Unbirth
    and Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories in the Beta version was called Kingdom Hearts Lost Memories

Which do you like better the old miss-translated or original names for things or the new one? and if you know of anymore tell us!

2. Daxa~ #stalker

Wasnt Xigbars nobody(Braig) translated wrongly?
    Im almost sure someone said that once....

And I like the name "The 13th Order" more,it sounds more dramatic :3

3. Saxima [screams geometrically]

^on that note, Xigbar's name was originally translated into 'Bleig' or 'Blaig', something funny sounding.

'The 13th Order' sounds awesome, but I like 'Chain of Memories' better, it just sound somehow more...right. Fits better.

4. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I like The 13th Order better. It gives it more mystery and drama.
    Unversed. It just sounds better to me (and i'm accustomed to it by now...)
    And for CoM or Lost Memories either one is fine. They both get to the point though Lost Memories is more of a spoiler as to the plot of that game...

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Many things get mistranslated, but eh I'm just used to whatever we get in NA, but I do enjoy the sound of "The 13th order", sounds nifty lol

6. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

lol I guess everyone likes the Name the 13th Order.... it does sound better and in a way it wouldn't matter that there where 14 members because it sounds like they follow the 13th order not that they're an organisation made up of 13 people

7. Patman Bof

KH1 and 2 were both translated and dubbed in French while CoM, 358/2 Days and BBS were just translated and subtitled.
    I' ve set the default language of my PSP and my DS to English, but I can' t play KH1 or 2 in English at all.
    Europeans are accustomed to silly or poor translations (English translations are often better than the French ones). While Disney characters French names and voices have more resonance with my inner kid some translation choices just seem weird. The worst thing is that I can never know if it differs from the English translation because it' s closer to the Japanese original text (like "Granléon" instead of "Masamune" in Chrono Trigger) or because of a translator whim ("Kupo" was translated into "Coubo" in FF9).

Some KH examples :
    - "The World That Never Was" was translated into "Illusiopolis".
    - "Nobody" was translated into "Simili" (Latin based word, "simile" is Latin for "copy", "alike" or "metaphor").
    - The "Star Seeker" Keyblade was translated into "Stella" (Latin for "star").
    - The "Oblivion" Keyblade was translated into "Souvenir Perdu" (Lost Memory) while "Castle Oblivion" was translated into "Château Oblivion".
    - The "Way To The Dawn" Keyblade was translated into "Point Du Jour" (which is a convoluted way to say "dawn", no wonder I had so much trouble earning my Castle Oblivion Pin)

8. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

wow I didn't know french translations are so bad conpared to other contories

9. Patman Bof

I suspect that Spanish, Italian or German translations are just as bad. Mostly for time and budget reasons, and also because games are often translated from the English translations rather than from the Japanese games.

10. Kites Chaser

As it was said, the unversed thing was a mistranslation, but unbirth would fit too, just because of the title of the game being "Birth By Sleep" I see how people misunderstood the correct word. Also, I like Organization 13 better just because it rolls off the tongue nicely, for some reason the 13th Order sounds like it belongs in a Lord of the Rings movie, not Kingdom Hearts. But that's just me.

11. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

lol it does sound like a Lord of the Rings thing doesn't it.... lolz funny

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I would say my answers would be bias because I've got so used to the new ones, but the "13th order" does sound cool, however I prefer Organisation XIII as it makes them sounds like more of a group rather than anything else. I think Unbirth has more relevance though,
    since they just keep being born again and again, Unversed sounds good but I prefer the original

I also prefer Chain of memories because if it was called Lost memories then it would be a huge give away and could ruin the story, for me anyway. I think Chain of memories leaves more to the imagination.

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I would probably go with the translations, just because I think they sound a little cooler. Organization 13 sounds more like an envil group of people while The 13th Order just sounds like some random 13 people.

14. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

If I remember correctly the name 'Chain of Memories' is a refrence to Namine's power she veiws Sora's Memories as a chain in his heart which she can move around remove and even make new links so that exsplains the name

15. Kites Chaser

In general I'm pretty pleased with how S-E named the characters, enemies, and groups of the series. A lot of it is so interconnected that the names hold just as much significance as the actual characters themselves do so they had a lot on their plate when coming up with said names. I really liked the title Chain of Memories partially because of the quote that corresponds with it said by Vexen, "If you remain bound by the chains of memory, and refuse to believe your heart... then you may as well throw your heart away." It's one of my favorite quotes of the entire series and just really fits like a glove in my opinion.

16. VenVen Merlin's Housekeeper

I like The 13th Order. Seems mysterious!