Oli Sykes

Discussion in 'Music' started by SoraUchiha, Jun 21, 2010.

1. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

Oliver Sykes-One of the most contraversial figures in rock history.Front man of Screamo band Bring me the Horizon and the brain of the majorly famous Drop Dead clothing company,He has made mistakes people hate him for though,Take a look.

Wikipedia:Bring Me The Horizon

While on tour in the United Kingdom allegations were made against vocalist Oliver Sykes that he urinated upon and then assaulted a female fan after a gig at Nottingham Rock City when she allegedly refused his sexual advances. Sykes was subsequently charged with urinating on the fan, but not with physical assault. Online Music Zine Drowned In Sound claimed that Bring Me The Horizon were banned from Nottingham Rock City. However the band's label Visible Noise denied these rumors and the band subsequently played Nottingham Rock City on 1 December 2007.
    On 13 April, Sykes appeared in Nottingham Magistrates Court on a charge of common assault relating to the alleged urination incident, to which he pleaded not guilty. The case was adjourned until early May. On 3 May 2007 Sykes attended Nottingham Magistrates court for the second time and confirmed his not guilty plea. The case was adjourned again until 17 September. Due to lack of evidence, all charges against Sykes were dropped.
    On the band's newest album, Suicide Season, the song "No Need for Introductions, I've Read About Girls Like You on the Backs of Toilet Doors", a lyric in the middle of the song implies Sykes's displeasure with this incident. The relevant lyrics reads "and after everything you put me through, I should've ****ing pissed on you."

Wow-What do you think about that??

2. Misty gimme kiss

_MOVED

to the Music section.

Honestly, I think it's a bit immature of him to include that lyric. If someone accused me of something like that and I didn't do it, yes, I'd be pretty upset, but the lyric seems a bit over the line.

3. SakiM Merlin's Housekeeper

I'd hardly call him "one of the most controversial figures in rock history"
    lol
    He gets a lot of haters but I don't think it's because of that incident, which aparently he's innocnet of...

4. SoraUchiha Traverse Town Homebody

Have you actually listened (Or read) The stuff Oli Sykes Writes?? haha That line is innocent compared to ther stuff xD

There are stuff like the Clip on Fringe incident* that raised a lot of contravercy about being a wanna be Emo and how the fasion is faked.

*On one of Bring me the Horizons first gigs Oli's clip on fringe flew off while preforming. He wore a clip on fringe because back then his hair was short and he didnt want the image to be changed into something..Not Emo.

5. SakiM Merlin's Housekeeper

oh lol, never heard that
    Reminds me, of this quote actually:
    "we're over rated. our EP was **** and kids only like us because of my hair"
    he later said he was drunk and didn't mean it

6. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I lol'd when you said he was the frontman of a screamo band. Screamo isn't a genre of music, and BMTH is deathcore. Anyway, according to one of the other band members (I forget if it was the bassist, guitarist, or drummer, all I now is his name is Matt) that I've talked to all denied that Oli did that, and I trust them. Even so, Oli is still a huge jerk. I know people who've met him in person and say he's just as jerky as he seems. One time my friend's girlfriend saw him, and he wouldn't give her his autograph because he said she was too fat.

7. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

I'd like to direct you here, Screamo, to my thread that was completely ignored and had no replies.

Anyway, I'd have to agree with what everyone else said, he doesn't seem like a very pleasant fellow, and that's just terrible and rude, and all them other words. :\

But he can't sing, scream, or growl; the band he's in is horrible and there's no chance in hell he's a controversial figure in rock history, so that makes up for it.​

8. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I used to listen to these guys all the time. They were pretty good in their first albums, but the fame got to them. Oli Sykes is a pretty big topic for all the female fans, since he's so 'hot' and such. I don't particularly think that, since he's trying to scream at me to rip out my throat, whore. Well, I'm not particularly thrilled with the stunt, but it's from 2007. It's pretty old in my opinion, and a lot of things can change in the course to this lovely year of 2010. He could be a different guy then he was back then, so I can't particularly judge him right from past stories.