Overly Attached Boys

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Toxicity, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Toxicity Merlin's Housekeeper

First, I am not the type to be freaking out over this type of thing, the easiest thing to do is having that block button near by whenever you can. But for some reason this is different.

There is this one guy, more less actually boy, I had added on my personal Facebook account. He seemed cool at first, talked to him a few times and then he randomly started tagging me in statuses a week into us talking. I had no intention of liking him, I mean, hes too young for me anyways.

Anyways, he started tagging me in these random statuses, saying I am his "love" his "life" and that he would do anything to call me his. First of all, that is just plain gross, I don't who or how old you are, a week into us talking and you make statuses of me like, is just repulsing.

Secondly, he told me that he did like me, and had feelings for me. The worst I could do was just say that I didn't feel the same and everything would be forgotten right? Oh no, this kid, I kid you not, messaged me every day saying that he wanted me to be his, that he would be the best I ever had. First off, I already am close to being with someone I have liked for a long time, and I don't need you ruining it for me, by making statuses as if we were dating. I try to not date people from the web, but y'know, sometimes things happen. This was different. I never seemed to block him because deep down I felt bad for him, I mean, he practically is a little kid still, but he just gets so annoying I swear I want to rip my hair out, or just die.

Anything I can do? Advice? I have tried telling him that I did not feel the same, but this boy just doesn't know when to stop!

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

If it's a crush like the sounds of it, just block him. Unfortunately he needs to get the message, and at an age where he lacks the experience in hiw to handle these feelings he's expressing himself all over the place. Tough love is the best chance you have, and the sooner the better.

Not to mention, if it's affecting your life so much you shouldn't have to put up with it. Feeling bad for him mean nothing if alll that means is you're willnig to play along with him for a bit longer when things won't improve.

Best of luck.

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Even though this is gonna sound completely harsh . . . Drop him like a hot potato. It's just a small case of puppy love, and this kid will get over it. These things happen. Just block him, tell him off, whatever you have to do for him to get the picture. Like PaW said, tough love. And good luck with your romantic interest.

Kids get over these things quickly, so don't worry about it. Just show him the door and let it end there.

Well, however you decide to handle this, good luck to you. I hope all goes well.

4. mindstorm787 Gummi Ship Junkie

Obviously, I have to say the same thing. If he he's not going to stop bothering him, drop him like Prestige would do to a Newb at Black Ops 2.

I have a constant experience with this, cuz I have a friend who like 15+ girls in random classes...and he never seems to shut up about it. If anything, it's the other girls that should shut him down. That would definitely be a first.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm not sure if you understand the situation. Those two are completely different. This one is about a girl with a guy she doesn't like obsessing over her. That one is about a boy being a boy. Perhaps you should go back and reread the original post. And also note that Toxicity is 'female'.

Also, you're CoD analogy was highly irrelevant, and pretty much the exact same as 'like a hot potato'.

I'm not sure if you were misreading the OP or my reply, but this post didn't make much sense.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I have to agree with Nights for this one. Just block/ignore him or something... Kids may act like it's a big deal at first, but the'll get over it eventually. But that's your decision, not mine.

7. jafar custom title

Tell him, block him, and never add strangers on Facebook again. Not easy, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

8. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Well, if I were in your shoes, hmm...Well, first, since you mentioned that part where he angers you to the point of ripping your hair off, I'd message him telling him to leave me alone. Maybe tell him that you like the other guy too if you haven't already. If that won't work, then say that no matter what you do i wont be yours then block him, but make sure that you tell him first, and maybe add in that pestering someone is more likely to scare them off than attract them to you.
    Yeah, I am not good with this kind of advice, but it's what I'd do. Hope this helps.