Overrated and Underrated Disney films

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by kaseykockroach, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

Overrated:
    Snow White and the Seven Dwarves: Its an important and well-made movie, but it does'nt hold up 70 years later.

Underrated:
    Bambi: I think the hyper-cutneness of the characters turns alot of people off from this very adult film. The amount of work Kahl, Thomas, and Davis put into this thing is unfathomable.
    Make your choices. :)

2. Mish smiley day!

First of all, I don't think Snow White is overrated at all. D:

Overrated: Lilo & Stitch.. >.>; it's target audience should be young (4-ish), dumb kids who don't know any better. But others like it, too and that is craaap.

Underrated: Pinocchio.

3. Kokoro Destiny Islands Resident

Overrated: uhm..maybe High School Musical? (or do you mean Disney cartoons?). High School Musical is okay, I guess. It's all over the magazines and stuff. It isn't that great. And whenever I start a conversation about "Disney" with someone, it usually gets to HSM and Disney Channel.

Underrated: Pinocchio. It's such a cute movie. Disney ignores it :eek: But they use "When You Wish upon a Star" at Disneyland and stuff..

4. Nymph of Destiny Chaser

Hmm...I have to admit Snow White is a bit overrated, but really, all Disney movies are never overrated to me...some are underated, but over, not really. There are still some little girls I know who enjoy dressing up as Snow White, and the concept of the poison apple is still quite famous.

As for underrated...Bambi and Pinocchio both make the category. Bambi was such a sweet, touching story, but hardly anyone mentions it. The last I saw of it was in a commercial for not starting wildfires. As for Pinocchio, the moral of honesty stands strong, yet, the story and its concept has been quite forgotten...or not mentioned well enough...

5. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Overrated: Ehhhhh...High School Musical 2 if it counts.

Underrated: Mulan.

6. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

HIgh School Musical is OVERRATED TO THE MAX. honestly. If your music teacher goes on maternity and you have to watch it every Thursday for 6 WEEKS over and over when you wanted to play piano and sing proper music you'd be sick of it too.

Underrated- I'd say probably The Emperor's New Grove. It has great comic timing, refferances including I think a Loony Toons moment, great acting, the guy who plays joe in Family Guy plays Kronk and the guy who is Sully in Monsters inc. is Pacha. I think Queen Latefa is also in it somewhere, maybe I'm wrong. All in all, a good film for the whole family.

7. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

Completely agree with the above poster on Emperor's New Groove, that was a great film.

8. Destined Working for WDW

i HATE High School Musical, especially since they filmed it here in Utah. GAAAA i hate that show.

But i agree completely that The Emperor's New Groove is by far the most underrated disney movie. It's classic. I'll admit i'm in my 20's and whenever i channel surf and see it i have to watch it.

9. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Overrated: ANything with the princesses. My god, there's at least 3 sequels for every princess out there, and it needs to stop.

Most importantly, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL. That movie was terrible. Epic Movie made HSM look like LOTR. And Epic Movie sucked. >.> People need to stop WASTING THEIR MONEY on this crap, and actually make something that's worth watching. My eardrums break and bleed when I hear their music.

Underrated: A Bugs Life. I have seen a 2nd movie for almost every other Pixar/Disney movie, except for this one. D:

10. Shin_is_beeping Destiny Islands Resident

Overrated: EVERYTHING WITH PRINCESSES, TOO MANY _AMN SEQUALS AND I THINK THEY NEED TO DIE...
    HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL IS A PIECE OF __IT. IT SUCKS SO MUCH, IT SWALLOWS. IT WAS A HORRIBLE MOVIE AND I SEE IT EVERYWHERE.
    Underrated: Now...not to repeat anything else up there...whatever happened to Dumbo?

11. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

What? A Bugs Life was WAY overrated back here. My god, I remember it was ALL OVER the bloody place, and it stayed that way for a good moment too. At the time, all my friends were on about it, and when I eventually went to see it, I didn't find it all that great. I much preferred "Antz".

Anyway Snow White, overrated? D: ... personally I don't think so at all, I mean at this point we don't have a stupid sequel to it. Yet anyway. Plus, wasn't it the first first film to ever be in color? (along with Disney's first full-length film?) I'm sure the technology has something to do with why it is renowned.

12. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

A Bug's Life was an ok film, Antz FTW though.

13. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

Seriously? There wasn't anything Bugs Life related here. O_o

14. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

overated: definetly high school musical - it scares me - and little kids love it

underated - probably bambi

15. Leadcat Twilight Town Denizen

Everyone seems to dislike High School Musical, makes me glad I haven't seen it. >_>

16. HOSPITAL STAT! i knock tits

ROLF XD I guess where we're located makes all the difference.

17. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Overrated: High School Musical.

Underrated: Bambi.

18. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

But that's my point. Its a really well-made and very important to the industry, but the movie itself does'nt hold up 70 years later.

19. kaseykockroach Hollow Bastion Committee

I also think Aladdin is overrated.
    Actually, Eric Goldberg's animation of the Genie is about the only thing I liked about the film. The characters were really ugly for the most part otherwise. It also flip-flopped all over the place, trying to be 'serious'/'quiet' in some parts, then an all-out Tex Avery ripoff for the rest.
    It is better than a bland feature like "The Little Mermaid" or "Beauty and the Beast", though, IMO.

20. GameFreak12389 Traverse Town Homebody

Overrated: Toy Story. The story is not that good and everyone seems to like it =/

Underrated: Definatly Lady and the Tramp. Its like it doesnt even exist anymore... ='[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.