Support PC Upgrade

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Ɍeno, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

With a lot of next gen titles to be released, I was wondering If might need to upgrade a few components in my PC. At the moment I can play almost all recent tiles on high/max settings.

My current specs:
    • Processor: AMD FX 6350 Black Edition 4.20 GHz Six Core
    • RAM: 8GB DDR3
    • Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7790
    • Hard drive: 1TB
    Will I be able to meet the requirements of more demanding games in the next couple years?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Karuta Reborn

Seems like a pretty solid setup to me. I would throw in an SSD probably, and an upgrade to your video card couldn't hurt. This setup should keep you going though. Check out this page for more info on components and stuff.

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

An SSD isn't really needed if all he wants to do is play "next gen" games (in my opinion anyhow). Just focus on upgrading your Graphics Card. That generally costs the most out of anything else you could do, but it also helps the most.

4. Karuta Reborn

Well yeah it isn't needed, but having one to store your games on will help with load times and stuff like that.

5. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

I haven't had any issues with loading times so I don't think I'll be needing an SSD. I'm mostly just worried about the game's performance.

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Upgrade your graphics card and make sure your power supply can handle the upgrade. That will do you wonders. Upgrading to 16GB of RAM would help as well (not as much, but still)

7. Karuta Reborn

To be honest your current setup should handle games fine. If you wanna future-proof yourself though, the only thing to really be concerned about is your video card (and as Lux said, make sure your PSU can handle it). 16GB of RAM is overkill IMO, I currently have 6GB and rarely ever use more than like 70% of it, so 8GB should be fine.

8. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

If we are talking future proof 16 will keep you covered for a long time, thus why I suggested it.

I can do this all day bby

9. Misty gimme kiss

it is true that it will keep you covered but the cost vs. the benefit just isn't as great as upgrading a GPU. And by the time we're utilizing 16GB of RAM there could very well be faster RAM available.

10. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

That's why before I suggested to simply upgrade the Graphics card and make sure his power supply can handle it. If he has money to burn and just wants to upgrade his PC, adding more RAM won't hurt. And if he ever wants to use any RAM intensive programs, he has it.