PETA and Video Games (NOT KID GAMES)

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Sara, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

I have seen this kicking around a few times, it is actually pretty violent and NOT a kids friendly gaming part despite the fact it is focused on Pokemon and Mario and apparently a few other franchises.

PETA has decided a few years ago to make a few "realistic" video games based on several franchises. Two of them being Pokemon and Super Mario Brothers 3. Pokemon about basically the whole general standard about the series, capturing Pokemon, putting them in balls, using them for fighting, the Professors and so on and so forth. The other one was Mario with the Tanooki suit that apparently the animal does exist in Japan and they thought it was a cruel practice.

For this, they made two games, Mario's one without going into any detail is a animal chasing Mario. Y-eah, I'll leave it like that. Pokemon is basically a Pikachu rescuing all the Pokemon being held by trainers who treat the pokemon wrongly. Again, these are NOT kid games so I'll spare the deeper details.

Personally, I think it's funny as hell. I do despise animal cruelty, and I hate anything wrong with animals being treated wrongly. These two games and the others which I freely admit I haven't seen are really for me funny especially as a fan of Pokemon, the conclusions PETA comes to about the series and what they think is right and wrong about it are completely different than what the games are for.

Oh yeah, and they do heavily advertise these are kids games. Though they are claiming that the Mario one was a "joke." They still at least have Pokemon up. I again don't recommend these for kids.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Looked up the Pokemon one. The fact that Cheren is holding a beer made me laugh.

Also, can we talk about the fact that you still have to actually beat the hell out of a human being to win their game? And the fact that the Pikachu in the side banner sports a sign that reads, "I support Team Plasma," despite Team Plasma being the ones who actually steal Pokemon away and kick them for fun? Pardon my French (no offense to Forsaken), but what kinda fucked-up morals are you preaching, PETA? Apparently the games they're lampooning teach kids about oppression and violence instead of compassion, while by the same token they are blatantly teaching kids that counter-aggression is the best way to get things done. Yes, soon the Pokemon will declare martial law, and it will be the humans who are trapped in tiny capsules and forced to fight for the animals' amusement! What a paradise such would be.

The irony is that the whole thing is meant to illustrate the seemingly unfortunate implications of the Pokemon universe, while all it really does is illustrate the definitely unfortunate implications of their willingness to research their subjects and provide thoughtful criticism. I sincerely hope this is a joke, but even if it is, it's a pretty stupid one.

3. Sara Tea Drinker

Oh yeah, if you look up the games yourself. Keep it clean, guys... The games itself speak on how non-kid game these are. Thanks.

Mario is even better with that, unless you're talking about that one. Both are pretty nasty about how they treat human beings. And yeah, I only played the old generations through all the way, but the whole thing with Pokemon is that you work with your Pokemon and care about them enough to beat the game. Hell, some evolutions severely depend on how you treat your Pokemon.

As one guy pointed out in his rant about this: Mario uses a leaf to get the suit. It's magic, nothing else. I lol'd at that quote. The whole thing sounds like PETA getting attention, especially since it came out around the time Super Mario 3 remake was coming out.

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Honestly, if PETA thinks that beating up humans is any better than abusing animals, tht just proves how even they don't know what they're doing. I played through the Pokémon thing, and I can say first hand, that having Ash in there is ridiculous, honestly. I hate the twerp, but if there was ever ANYONE that would always show love and compassion for his Pokémon, it would be him. His Pokémon don't evolve because of that love,-" and they don't feel like they need to impress him.

Anyway, I for one think PETA needs to lighten up and rethink what they're doing. If they can't even get their own morals right, then screw them.

5. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Every time I see a conversation or a news article about PETA I turn tail and run. Not because I'm afraid of what I'm going to hear, but I'm afraid of how hard I'm going to facepalm myself or how big an argument I might get in. It's ridiculous, honestly. Don't get me wrong, I will not tolerate animal cruelty. I'd kill someone just as soon as let them injure an innocent animal. But, I hate PETA with a passion. They're like a certain religious group who makes everything out to be a "work of the devil." I hate that kind of mentality.

If you're going to take an innocent children's game and turn it into another "cause" you need to be fighting for, you're not worth the effort it takes for me to voice my opinion. I mean seriously, how are you going to call a Pokemon an animal? It's a completely (well, for the most part anyway) fictional character. I can see it a little bit more in Mario, but you missed the mark on that one by a couple decades and a few franchises. Rather, you're telling me it's okay for kids to be playing games where the target is to eliminate (kill) the opposing team (humans) instead? Of course I play those games myself. If you can't tell the difference between fiction and reality, you should probably be fighting your cause inside of an institution.

Final statement, this is completely ridiculous. Way to go, again, PETA.

6. Sara Tea Drinker

Apparently they also came out with a Cooking Mama.

I won't really go into it, I just saw the clip picture and it's really disgusting. REALLY disgusting. With the saying: "Mama Kills Animals."

Gotta love PETA. Seriously, having seen this stuff, I question if they're really doing it for the animals or just for attention. It's ridiculous how far they'll go with this stuff.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'd like to believe that what they're doing is for the animals, I could almost respect them then, but it's more than likely for attention. There may have been a time back in the day when their main focus was towards the protection of animals, but that day has come and gone. When it gets to the point you feel you need to do something as "ignorant" as remaking old video games, you're more than likely just looking for attention.

As with any group though, I'm sure there are still members of PETA who are actually doing what they were originally intended to do. You're always going to have a bad bundle in a group. When a group like PETA sticks around for long enough, the bad bundle starts getting larger. Eventually a large majority of the group become bad. It's sad that while the bad part of the group ruins it's name, the good has to put up with the constant belittling of people who lump them in together.

PETA is not a bad group. It's the percent of idiots within the group that make it look bad.

8. Fellangel Bichael May

PETA is a bunch of crap. CRAP. What's worse is that they target VIDEO GAMES. ARE YOU (insert not-so-nice language) KIDDING? They literally do nothing to actually "help" the cruel treatments of animals in the real world. Even if they do, they do a horrendously poor job at it. The most they will do is hold up signs and just protest. It's like the protests we have now, except no one cares. I literally want to puke every time PETA is mentioned on the news. They're just as bad as the Westbero Catholic Church. All they do is complain. When has PETA done anything right? Especially in the video game industry. It's like every time an animal (or meat...) is introduced in a game, they make some stupid excuse to get all fussy about it (like Cooking Mama...seriously...there's not even living animals in it). I'm sticking to the belief that PETA is just a bunch of easily offended vegans. What personal gain do they get from this? NOTHING. PETA needs to die and rot away. No one cares what they do and no one ever will at this rate.

Kay I think I'm done ranting on PETA.

9. Styx That's me inside your head.

The more I read about PETA, the more I'm convinced that their members have either been replaced with trolls over the years, or have been trolls all along. That being said, most of their antics are pretty laughable (such as this thing and Mary-Beth Sweetland being a hypocritic cunt for using animal-tested insuling claiming that she "needs her life to fight for the animals") but others are somewhat unsettling. I mean, they're buying drones instead of investing in their animal care centers where they kill more animals than they save. Safe to say that anyone who supports the PETA is a retard who doesn't deserve the brain they were born with.

If it makes you feel better, Pokémon fans responded by PETA's claim that Pokémon trainers don't give a shit about their mons by posting a screenshot of Ash taking the brunt of a Spearow attack from the very first episode of the anime. That did seem to shut them up, although they still don't have the balls to admit that they were wrong on this.

10. Sara Tea Drinker

Apparently Assassin's Creed IV is now on their crosshairs:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03...s-disgraceful?abthid=51369fcf32f6ffaa59000021

There's apparently whaling in the new Assassin's Creed game. Having not really keeping an eye on the AC game, I didn't know there was whaling involved. Personally, I don't like doing stuff like that, where it kind of turns my stomach. But I can see where it's realistic because of that time period. Whaling was a major part of history. Do I see people doing this in real life after they play the game? No, I wouldn't. I wonder if there's going to be another game made from there.

11. Fellangel Bichael May

*SIgh*

This is why PETA shouldn't exist. They're a bunch of idiotic s**ts that think they have the right to "justify" games that are "wrong" in their eyes. Seriously? Make games that CELEBRATE ANIMALS? Are they stupid? I didn't see them going all over hunting games in the past.

PETA needs to get off the gaming industry. They're so worthless at what they do and have pathetic excuses for their actions.

12. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

Peta is full of trolls lol. No one can take them seriously with all of their claims. I didn't know about the mario game but I have played the Pokemon one and you know what? I actually thought it was funny. Compare all the blood in their game to the lake of any blood in the Pokemon series and you can see they're trolling. Pokemon aren't even animals to begin with but mythical creatures. Yes, many have a basis on animals but a good majority like voltorb, trubbish, etc. don't have any relation to animals.

In short, PETA is full of trolls not to be taken seriously. They should focus on real animals instead of virtual ones.

13. Sara Tea Drinker

Huh... Another update:

In Defense of Animals, another animal organization is throwing a fit on Grand Theft Auto V for running over animals in the game. They are calling it "realistic" and "it paints a large target on animals in real life." That and they believe people will go out and kill animals after killing them in the game.

Amazing.

14. Fellangel Bichael May

You know what really surprises me? They don't touch any of the Cabela Hunting games which FOCUS ON KILLING AND HUNTING ANIMALS. Instead, they go for the games which have animal hunting on a low priority, basically optional. Something tells me that these stupid animal defense groups just have a knack on targeting popular games just so they can be on the news. That's the only way I see it. They want to be popular so they'll start accusing any f**king popular game with an animal in it

15. jafar custom title

PETA's just a whole can of worms. Considering they are hypocrites and so on. This is just another [ Warning: Graphic content. ] low-blow advertising campaign. For people who want to "liberate animals," they sure are ****** about it. Plus, they constantly place animal lives over human lives.

16. Sara Tea Drinker

Thanks for the warning in the post, mods...

Please do be considerate of the graphic content of the subject and don't go into detail and warn about graphic links. Thank you.

Yeah, I do love animals and hate abuse, but I hate how PETA throws a fit about fake games and tries to make everyone sound like monsters.

17. Sara Tea Drinker

Btw... PETA did another flash game for Pokemon X and Y, and apparently are going after McDonald's with this, also.

18. Fellangel Bichael May

19. Sara Tea Drinker

Dear ****ing Lord...

I am hoping that last part about homeschooling is just BS. But dear Lord...

I started laughing at the second paragraph about the marijuana. A fan of Pokemon myself, I know a lot of the origins of Pokemon and having a huge anime fan, I know that anime, especially in Japan which as far as I know hasn't been translated and if 4Kids still own the American version, it will be MUCH more censored than the Japanese one, has a tendency to make it much more violent and bloody than realistic. Even with that, it's a KIDS SHOW. Also, someone has said, and I fully agree: Why the hell hasn't Nintendo sued PETA for all the **** they're doing? Seriously, their counterclaim will probably will hands down against this woman.

Btw... Apparently it's fake since I googled and came up with no other sources.