Nintendo Pokemon: Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Plums, May 7, 2014.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Source: Serebii.Net | Official Twitter Announcement

[FURIOUSLY PLAYS TRUMPETS]

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAA SCREW YOU I WAS ABOUT TO MAKE THIS THREAD

...But now that I'm here... :D

HOENN CONFIRMED!! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

Also, I'm very interested in these new appearances of Groudon and Kyogre. .o.

3. Gamefreak103 A Freak of Games

Another game I'll be picking up. Played the hell out of the originals.

4. Mysty Unknown

Can I just say.... HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE! Gen III is where I started. I put over 2000 hours onto Emerald. I want to know more! What will become of the battle frontier, what legendaries from the past games will they add, will we get customization, what other changes to will they make? I'm ecstatic for this announcement, just a tad disappointed there is no gameplay included.

5. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i wonder if they will add that Battle Frontier (was that what it was called?) from Emerald to these gmaes.

6. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

For the first time ever, I will actually be replaying a game in a new generation remake. Ruby was my first main game, so FireRed and SoulSilver were new experiences for me. I'm very excited for this. Plan on picking up Omega Ruby day 1. I wonder what this means for the rest of Generation III? Could we see Colosseum or XD again?

I just hope these games don't mess up the timeline of the Pokemon universe.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, they added the one from Platinum to HG/SS, so I think it'd only be right if they did put it in there.

But i'm just going to say FINALLY WE GET HOENN BACK!!!! It was probably one of my favorites if not just because it had the most use for surf, and it was also the last generation to have gym leaders that had a different amount of pokemon but also had a difficulty with it. After this they all had 3 and 4 pokemon, which got kind of boring. But I hope we get extra content of some kind, because they added stuff together from all 3 generation II games in HG/SS, so I don't see why they wouldn't add it together in this game as well. Now I have something to look forward to for November. In fact, it'd be cool if you could have the Kalos pokemon and mega evolution in these new games right away.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'd be surprised if they didn't; the Battle Frontier was one of the highlights of Gen III.

FireRed and LeafGreen didn't net us Stadium, Snap, or TCG remakes; HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't bring Stadium 2, Puzzle Challenge, or Mini remakes. That being said, Colosseum and XD were pretty cool, and it would be nice to revisit that world at some point.

I don't think it would mess with the timeline. Why do you think it would?

9. Hayabusa Venomous

DAMNIT I WANTED TO MAKE THIS THREAD.

But yeah, I'm hyped as hell. Generation III is one of my favorite periods of Pokemon. Loved so many of the designs, the region, the rival, the gym leaders, the Elite Four...it was just really fun. Can't wait to see what they add.

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#PARTY IN THE TRUMPET OCEAN

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I don't have a nostalgic attachment to Gen 3 (never played the originals), so you won't see me going "ZOMG!!!1 HOENN REMAKE CONFIRMED!!!!!!!! TRUMPETSSSSSS!!!!!"

But as long as it's compatible with Pokemon Bank, I'll get it eventually.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the cover art looks horrendous? It looks like something fan-made.

12. SUPERSMASHDRAKE Traverse Town Homebody

I know we didn't get Stadium and such, but Colosseum and XD are considered side-games instead of spin-offs.
    And storyline wise, R/S/E takes place while FR/LG does. So now that we have it again, they will probably have to change it around. It went like this:
    FR/LG - HG/SS
    R/S/E/C/XD - D/P/PT
    And then after HG/SS and D/P/PT we got B/W then B2/W2, and then X/Y for the timeline.
    The possible changes make me very excited to play, and if the stars align, maybe we could get Colosseum, XD, and FR/LG remakes.

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of remaking remakes. :S

14. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Pretty much this. I love Gen 1, but remaking a remake is really overdoing it.

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

So, do we all agree that the Groudon and Kyogre featured on the boxarts are Mega Evolutions? It seems like the most obvious and sensible explanation for their appearances. And on the subject of Mega Evolutions...
    • These games are probably how to get the Latiosite/Latiasite to access Mega Latios and Mega Latias.
    • MEGA SCEPTILE AND MEGA SWAMPERT OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Maybe it's just the Red and Blue orbs that are used for the Mega Evolutions XD.

But yeah, I really don't see any other legit way of getting the mega evolutions for Latias and Latios either. They should also make it where you get to choose which one you get at your home, just like in Emerald. I think Emerald did most things right, putting the best of both games together, and I'd think it weird if they didn't do that again. Though they should really make another pokemon generation where you get to go to other regions and fight more gym leaders. That was basically the best and my favorite part about generation II. Like being able to go back in generation III and fight all the Johto and Hoenn gym leaders again and travel. I know it'd be a big game, but come on, there are bigger games on the 3DS

17. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm definitely on the Hype train for this remake.

18. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The fact that they look nothing like how they originally were pretty much confirms that what we're seeing is indeed their Mega-Evolutions.

19. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yeah, it should be. Back when it got announced, GameFreak said Pokemon Bank will be optimized for all future entries in the series, so everything should work well with it.

20. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, we thought the Soul Dew would be repurposed as a Lati@site, but hacking showed that there's Latiosite and Latiasite. But then, there's one Soul Dew for two legendaries, and one orb for each legendary...

I do wonder just how much will be retained from Ruby/Sapphire and how much will be retained from Emerald. Let's recap the relevant changes from R/S to Emerald:

• Gym 8: Wallace; Champion: Steven -> Gym 8: Juan; Champion: Wallace (post-game bonus boss: Steven)
    • Ally with Aqua/Magma against Magma/Aqua -> Aqua and Magma are both enemies
    • Cave of Origin showdown with version mascot -> Kyogre and Groudon showdown in Sootopolis; awaken Rayquaza to stop it
    Cases could be made for keeping either side of any of these changes, so I'm not sure what would stay or go.