Nintendo Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

2. SuperHodzic Merlin's Housekeeper

A remake of Ruby/Sapphire for the 3DS would be nice.

3. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Well. This may be interesting. The fact that they're already introducing Genesect (the last Gen V Legendary) in a movie and likely doing an event for it might mean that Gen VI is on the way. Looking forward to the announcement.[DOUBLEPOST=1356846169][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Not really, no. Generation III Marked the modern Generation, and until the DS dies (because it can play GBA games and is needed for Hoenn and Kanto transfers to D/P/Pt and HG/SS), I don't think they'll be releasing remakes.

Even then, instead of remakse, I'd prefer sequels to Hoenn. Why? Because

they say N is in Hoenn, and White/Hilda or Black/Hilbert is looking for him there.

4. Mysty Unknown

After much debate with HoT and DarkTraitor, I will have to agree with them and say it won't happen yet. Not now at least. If it were to happen it would only occur in two instances. One being a remake like Hero said for Black and White story purposes, or Two, right after the gen VI games on the 3DS. As much as I would love for it to happen, its got a few more years. As it is now, it may be gen VI announcement, or another side game to the series.

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

While I would love to see more N (because he's freaking hot- No Hero I don't want u to dye ur hair green either) or a Ruby remake, I really wanna see a new Pokemon Ranger game because they are really fun!

6. Mysty Unknown

Yes! Yes! A thousand times, Yes! Those games are some of the most fun I have had with handheld games. We haven't had one ever sense the Darkrai game either. It would be wonderful to have a 3DS Pokemon Ranger. I do not know how well it did on sales so it may not be a possibility. But I agree with you in hope for Pokemon Ranger.

7. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Am I the only person who is waiting for another Pokemon mystery dungeon game? They had one on wii ware that was only marketed in Japan, It would have been nice to play it GameFreak.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity is set for a 2013 3DS release.

9. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

You just made my day, well few hours of day left anyway.

10. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

A pokemon game on the Xbox-360 would make me very happy but I doubt it will happen.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Considering that Pokémon is a Nintendo franchise, I'd calculate that the chances for that are precisely 0%.

But asdfghjkl; BIG NEWS. One of the creators confirmed on Twitter that he'd just finished filming an episode of Pokémon Smash (a children's Pokémon show that features skits, battle demos, the occasional news tidbit, etc.), and he's only ever been on the show for major announcements, e.g. HeartGold and SoulSilver. So I expect an announcement for something Gen. VI, or potentially RS remakes.

Another popular theory going around is that a new Eeveelution will be revealed:
    • As mentioned, everything that could possibly be revealed for Gen. V has been revealed, indicating that Gen. VI could start very soon.
    • Merchandise advertisements for the next movie show that there are products with an obscured theme, indicating something to be revealed.
    • Eevee and its evolutions will feature in a short with the next movie. Apparently, there is also a poster for this short film, where all of the characters in one of the words are colored/designed to match an Eeveelution...with one extra.

So, whatever the case is, I personally have high hopes for this next week.

12. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

I know but you don't have to crush my hopes - lol

13. Hiro ✩ Guardian

14. 61 No. B

This. I've been trying to get into the Pokemon games. I've played most of the games but have never owned a single game. It would be nice for there to be a nice jumping in point that wouldn't require me to track down authentic copies on ebay.

15. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Generally, these "major announcements" have been main series entries, so we're looking at one of two possibilities:

1. Gen V remakes of Ruby/Sapphire, which I doubt for a variety of reasons based on the history of remakes in the Pokemon series. In Generations III and IV, there are a large number of parallels between them and Generations I and II, respectively. The largest parallel, however, is setting. Obviously, I'm not talking about region setting as the only two regions with more than significant similarities are Kanto and Johto, which makes sense as they're both based on parts of Tokyo (hell, the Radio Tower pretty much IS the Tokyo Tower). Generations I and III take place around the same time, which is approximately three years prior to Gen II, which takes place around the same time as Gen IV. Gen V takes place an unknown amount of time after Gen II, for simplicity's sake, I personally assume two years. Not only are there far fewer parallels to Gen III in Gen V than there are between Gen I and Gen III as well as Gen II and Gen IV, you could find probably just as many to Gen IV and likely more to Gen I.

Not to mention that there's no need for it. FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald were made to allow players to finish the Pokedex, which was impossible with Ruby/Sapphire alone due to the lack of Johto Pokemon, which were heavily featured in endgame content in FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald. So, the primary purpose of FireRed/LeafGreen was to make a large step to allowing players to actually complete the Pokedex by adding all of Gen I (obvious) and a large part of Gen II. Furthermore, HeartGold/SoulSilver had similar purpose and were made to eliminate the reliance on the Gen III games for Pokedex completion. As it stands, as far as I can tell, the entire Pokedex can be completed between HeartGold/Soul Silver, Black/White and Black/White 2. Fan demand was also part of the motivation for Gen II remakes as Gold/Silver remain fan favorites to this day and many fans wanted to play them again, but couldn't due to the very common problem of dying save batteries.

The only reason I can think of to do Gen III remakes outside of series history (which has been thrown out the window with Black/White 2 anyway) is to end reliance on Gen IV for Pokedex completion. However, cross-generation Pokedex completion is clearly not as much of a priority for Game Freak as cross-platform Pokedex completion (see: Gen II only being completable by connecting to Gen I and Game Freak's effort to remove reliance on the GBA games). Gen III remakes are not nearly as demanded by fans as Gen II remakes were because, whether Gen III fans like it or not, most fans see Ruby/Sapphire as the lowest point in the series due to the removal of some key features from Gen II (most conspicuously: the time system). Really, if you ask me, Black/White 2 took the place of both a Gen V third version and a Gen III remake.

2. Gen VI games. This is what I think is the more likely scenario for several reasons. First, the timing is right. We're at a bit of a limbo with the series at the moment where we don't know what's coming next to the point where some fans are actually speculating the completely absurd idea that the series is done with... despite the money printing nature of the franchise. Beyond this, I've been seeing some people point out speculative parallels between the current state of Gen V and the state of previous generations when a new generation was announced.

Personally, if they are Gen III remakes, I'll probably buy one and enjoy it while eagerly awaiting Gen VI as while I agree with the people that say that Gen III was the lowest point in the series, Ruby/Sapphire was in no way a bad game.

Also, I want to see Game Freak do something to give me an incentive to buy both versions. Parallel stories, perhaps?

16. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

On the GameFreak Wikipedia page it shows all of the games they have produced for all devices and for the 3DS it says pokémon Magmaruby and Aquasapphire. Now that game's page itself is completely empty, but it is on their Wikipedia page.

17. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I'm not looking forward to a new Generation, I don't need a batch of new pokemon to experience... I mean, there are a number of Pokemon i'd rather had never happened because of uselessness and others could have just had a slight improvements. I'd enjoy a Ruby/Sapphire remake, no matter the likelihood on the matter.

Would enjoy a Pokemon Conquest 2, it is suprisingly one of the best spin off games from any game series i've played and a fantastic game on its own. Needs inprovements, something a sequel to do and needs a bit mpre variety.

18. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

Well, to have a sequel in Pokémon, majority of the time it will be a new generation. I would love to see a gen 3 remake, but new generations are inevitable.

19. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I'd love to see another game that has something to do with Hoenn. Hoenn has always been my favorite region, and even after I've played Pokemon Black, Pokemon Emerald will always be my favorite.

20. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    It's gone now, but the thing about Wikipedia is that it can be edited by anyone with no citation. As such, it was probably removed due to lack of citation.