Awaiting Feedback Premium and Contributor Perks

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Arch, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Arch Mana Knight

So ever since the new usergroup was unveiled I've been thinking of what kind of changes might need to be made to keep the relevancy of Premium members without making Contributors (who were normal members) little more than "orange normies".

It seems to be pretty much unanimous that "normal" Contributors should not get easy access to the Premium section but, as others have stated, the Premium section sucks to be honest.

Here's an excerpt of me giving some suggestions on what could be changed (but keep in mind not all these ideas are good and one might not be feasible at all).

Anyway, this thread isn't here to say "IMPLEMENT MY CHANGES DAMMIT" (I already know some of my ideas up there aren't the best) but to open up more discussion in a more public area of the site on what kind of changes people might want to see.

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I think what kinda needs to happen is that Contributors and Premiums have different perks. That way both will still be relevant and there is some merit in getting both. So Contributers need to have some stuff prems don't, and Prems need some perks that (normal) Contibutors don't. The issue is there isn't really enough perks currently to do that to both, you don't really want to take stuff away from Premiums but at the same time to make contributors worth something you ended up giving them the same benefits. I'm not sure what new perks could be introduced, but I think that both groups need some perks that are exclusive to them.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

I agree with midnight. I said in the thread about staff applications for contributors that I wasn't the biggest fan of it. I think it premiums got different perks or something that makes the user group relevant again then I am perfectly happy saying contributors should get the chance, and frankly many of them should. The reason I think think that particular perk is good for premium is because you get to that level, you don't just have to be dedicated to the site, but also it is difficult to get premium by only staying in a single section. You have to be out in the community a bit, and I think that is important if you want to be staff. That is why premium getting the chance to apply out of season seemed like a good idea to me. That being said those paying to help keeo the site running could get the chance as well and it is fair. I would like to see other perks for premiums though so there is a purpose for striving to get to the user group again.

Edit: Perhaps even do something like if you are a contributor it takes half as many posts to be a premium and the benefits from that. That way they can still get everything easier for being a contributor but have to put in at least a but of effort on their part to get to 500 posts

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  4. Arch Mana Knight

Considering that this topic and discussion for this seems to have become nonexistent...

Bump.