Resigning "Reporter" Position

Discussion in 'Departure Hall' started by Mike, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Chaser

I was afraid of this day, but these things do happen sooner or later. I'm resigning my position as a reporter. I was hired in 2008 to maintain the updates on KH-Vids. At the time, former reporter (Xaldin) resigned his position at KH-Vids around 2007 before I joined staff.

I would say that I was very lucky. I built a second family, no doubt. I entered KH-Vids and today I felt like I grew with a lot of you at the same time. Entering the KH-Vids community I was able to go through the experience of seeing Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and now Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. With all these titles, I was also able to build a close bound with members, especially those involved with the fandub production.

Believe it or not, I've been reporting at fan based KH websites since 2005. I've had my share of reporting news. I began my Roxas fandubs around 2006 and from there I also opened my own website. The Roxas fandubs were videos from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix. From those videos, I met so many people (even Xaldin when he was working here). I've worked at a total of three fan-based websites, released over 100 fandubed videos, interviewed four voice actors, worked with an amazing team, communicated with talented members, joined the podcast, ran six fandub productions and maintained my own websites.

I'm leaving KH-Vids because I felt I have failed. I've talked to the team since 2012 about leaving, but never actually left. I was scared of leaving, but since we started hiring more reporters, I just felt there wasn't a need for me to help out anymore. By the time I saw news, it was already posted. From 2008-2011 I reported everything myself. I was the only one who brought news and because of those three years, I felt that I was actually helping out and contributing. Today, I feel like I have barely reported on anything from the series.

Kingdom Hearts III has finally been confirmed. This is an exciting time, however I don't want to be in the way and just keep a position when I'm not doing anything besides the fandub production. We've all been waiting for this announcement of Kingdom Hearts III. I know this is really an awkward time for me leaving (Kingdom Hearts III announcement and E3 coverage), however Krowley has been doing an amazing job reporting and I know KH-Vids will not suffer from me leaving. If I thought for whatever reason that KH-Vids would be affected, I would stay. I think everyone is in good hands with the staff we have right now.

On a personal note, I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm not giving up on everything else. I still manage my two fan-based websites. From time to time, I'm sure I'll dub more videos. In the mean time I have been producing and acting in non-profit movies to help out others. I've interviewed Judy Shepard recently to erase hate. I made a new YouTube channel video-logging about myself and who I am. I really enjoy making a difference and helping out. I don't think I would be where I am today if it wasn't for everything I have listed above with the community. I would say never lose passion of who you are. Everything happens for a reason. I don't have any regrets.

I want to thank all of you. A lot of you (members) have helped me through hard times. I've made a lot of friends. I also want to thank the staff for hiring me and putting up with me. If I had to change anything, it would be the way I interacted on here. I wanted to communicate with the staff and members more, but I failed at times and mentioned that to the staff. I never picked myself up with that. I think that was due to my job, school, the websites, videos, etc.

As for me leaving as a "reporter", this doesn't mean that I'm leaving as a member. From time to time I will be here to see how everyone is doing at KH-Vids. I want to leave you all with a video. This was a video Xaldin uploaded with hacked gameplay from Kingdom Hearts II. He asked me to voice as Roxas and shortly later I made my way to KH-Vids. This was the start of me reporting at KH-Vids. I'm truly thankful. The video means so much to me, because this was the start of meeting all of you.

2. Misty gimme kiss

I am sad to see you resign Mike, but you've done a fantastic job over the years and you've been a good guy to work with. As I said, I know this isn't your end on KHV so I'm sure we'll be in plenty of contact.

And hey, if they ever hold a KH event in the city again, I'll be there with ya for sure.

3. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

So sad to see you leave the position.

But like Sora said, our hearts are connected and they are what ties us even when we're apart!

4. Llave Superless Moderator

Take care of yourself bro, you're one of the special members that really invested time in me and spurred my hobby of goofing off with voices. Thank you!

And you better be around in yo shecksay pink lest we shall drive to NY and bribe you with Britney Spears

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Mike I'm really sad to see you leave. I really think you've been one of the best staff memebers and one of the nicest too. When I first joined KHV we talked a bit but even though we don't anymore I'm still so sad to see you go. You make sure you come to visit us soon you hear?

6. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

I didn't know you very well but my impression was that you were a very awesome part of the staff. I'm sad to hear you're leaving. Best of luck with everything, Mike and we'll miss you.

7. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I don't know you much but I'm sorry to hear that. You works are fantastic, I'm looking forward for more. At least you're still a member of the site.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Mike... I just want you to know,

You were fantastic!

And you know what?

So was I! *shot*

Seriously though, good luck with life, and I am very sad to see you go. You've been on here somce I joined, and you were reporting everything. I always enjoyed your news coverage and fandubs. Thank you.

9. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I salute you, for I remember when you boldly went where no member had gone before, sporting that ugly lime green color as a reporter. May you find much success in your career, good sir.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

Personally, I still saw regular news updates from you recently despite Krowley and Miles being Reporters.

In any case, even though you're only resigning from staff and not actually leaving, I will miss you, Mike. You better keep visiting like Llave said or else we will drive up to New York and bad things will happen! :3 Also, you have me on Skype, so if you ever wanna chat, don't hesitate to shoot me an IM!

Love you, broseph, and take care of yourself.

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, we might not have talked much, if at all, but it was fun knowing you Mike. After all, you gave a heck of a run as a reporter, and it was always nice seeing your new info and such. While you might pop in now and then, it'll be strange not seeing you active, so I'll just say take care and leave it at that.

12. Stardust Chaser

It's been really great working with you, Mike. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication. I think I speak for the entire community when I say your contributions have been very appreciated.

Take care. Best wishes for all of your current & future endeavors, and I hope to see you around.

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This is really a shock. I knew you were busy with school and such, but I never thought I'd see the day where Mike would resign.

I can understand your concern, and I wish you the best with whatever you're planning to do next. Take care.

Miles is a Media Content Recorder like Mixt, not a reporter.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Mike, you have been fantastic over the years! It's so sad to see you in pink and I don't want you to leave the staff thinking that you had failed because you did your best and we couldn't have asked for more from your dedication! We were incredibly lucky to have you on our team and I thank you for everything you've reported and looked over, you have always been a lovely member and I still remember one night when you told me to be myself and it meant a lot, I may have just smiled at the time but it really was a nice thing to say.

I'll miss your lime green name but I hope you will stick around, you really are one of a kind and it would be sad to see you leave.

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Mike, i've been following and loving your commitment to reporting and creating the dubs for years. You made the site better and relevant. Thank you so much for it all and all the best for all your work in the future. Love it all mate, thanks so much for everything.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

[​IMG]

You did good, man.

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Mike, I know you and I never really talked, but I just want to let you know, you're actually the one who inspired me to join KHV, back when I was into making AMV's, and I came here only for the cutscene archive. I saw some story you reported on, and I decided that I wanted to be a part of the KHV family, I wanted to be a part of something. lol, I never got around to actually contributing to anything, but I've made some great friends here over the years, and it's sad to see your name in pink. lol, I feel almost as if my past is dying or something. You being a reporter is the first distinctive thing I learned about this site. Ah well. You've done a great job, but I respect your decision to resign. Good luck with where your life takes you, and may I fangirl here for a moment and say that my mom thinks it's the coolest thing ever that I know someone with an IMDb page. XD

18. Amaury Legendary Hero

Hi, Mike!

I noticed you became a Reporter again, so I just wanted to be the first to welcome you back!

Welcome back, my friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.