Birth by Sleep Riku, Vanitas, Ansem SoD and his Guardian?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Peace and War, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

As some or none may know, i've played over the first KH game again to get to grasps with the upcoming BBS story line.
    Now i've gone through the fight with Ansem the Seeker of Darkness (who is the heartless of Xehanort, and will furthermore be named as Ansem SoD) and I notice a few things that interested me, throughout the whole game.

1) Riku: His Soul Eater (aka: SE) weapon has a blueish eye, with dark wing-fins as a blade. Now, the first time we see SE, is in Traverse Town (second visit) before joining forces with Maleficent. Also, Way to Dawn, the keyblade version of SE is mainly considered to be the manifestation of both the light and dark parts of Riku after accepting who he is.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2)Ansem SoD: during his final battle in the dark abyss area, he uses a double headed voulge weapon, with the SE wing-fin designs and blueish eyes.

[If anyone can find a picture of the last battle on the World of Chaos vessel, please post it up!]
    This is the fight I mean:
    [​IMG]

3) Vanitas: both his armour and Keyblade mimic the basic design of the SE, with both the blueish eyes and the red black design of the fin-wing blade.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not quite sure how to take information like this. I do believe that they all have a connection with each other, Ansem SoD tempting Riku with Darkness, leading him to control his body and therefore his powers and weapons. Vanitas is still a wild card and I don't know where he could come into it, maybe part of Riku's family or he's actually young Xehanort, the one who opened the darkness onto the worlds?

The main reason for the similar themes of weapons and clothing has to be taken in a similar way to these:
    A) It could be that all these characters are ultimately connected, and therefore share similar traits to one another.
    B) Just as well, it could be because all characters shown, have used darkness before and are some how able to temper the darkness into weapons, clothing and abilities.
    Or it could be something else completely.

I want to know more people's thoughts on this.

What do you think????

Also, to side note.
    The Guardian
    I notice the guardian concept is quite interesting. Picture the scene between TAV facing MX in the middle of a field of ten thousand Keyblades stuck into the ground. Suddenly, the shadowy image of Vanitas seperates from MX into a full being. When TAV attack, first on the scene to protect MX is Vanitas. Both Master and Apprentice become instantely intune with each other and are able to fight effectively together, using magic and Keyblades alike.
    Now, to think back to KH1, you're finally fighting Ansem, the Seeker of Darkness, (Xehanort) for the first time. Out from his shadow sprouts the image of a Guardian. Both are able to attack and defend each other with ease, the Guardian even possessing you and your friends to let you open to attack. It's as if they have been together forever, and over the years been able to synch up with each other over that long time.
    Now, if it isn't obvious what i'm thinking think...you need to get a better imagination.
    I'm saying that the Vanitas AND the Guardian are the one in the same being, the later being deformed because he has lingered in darkness for so long, and can only survive by clinging onto Ansem SoD.
    Don't ask me the MX, Xehanort, Ansem SoD connection.
    Alot of theories already address this. I just believe this to be able to used to further prove or disprove other argumanents if anyone wants to.
    [​IMG]

Thank you and goodnight!

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I agree with the overall thing. The eye in Soul Eater and Vanita's Keyblade is an obvious connection (I'd like to think so)
    My theory on Xehanort is that he is a combination of Terra, Vanitas, and MX (either just two, or all three) That would explain why he was "supernatural" as a whole being and why his Heartless and Nobody are so strong. The Guardian would be Vanitas' fate. I don't have a detailed explanation, but just the broad idea of it. Lingering Spirit would be Terra's Keyblade abandoning him or something of the sort, Xemnas and his heartless (Without the Guardian) are the Nobody and Heartless of a Terra/MX combination.
    Know what I mean?

3. AxelRikkuconnection Twilight Town Denizen

I" loving the guardian theory, never thought of it like that. Makes sense probably the most normal theory about it ive heard

4. TwilightTownShadow Destiny Islands Resident

I agree with you on Vanitas MAYBE a guardian to Xehanort I always knew Ansem SoD was his heartless but I've always wondered about the guardian behind him when you fight him in KH1 because it actually seemed it had intelligence to what it did, so it must of had a history itself with Xehanort When I saw the secret ending (KH2:FMX) and saw Vanitas suddenly materialize next to Xehanort and started (I guess KINDA protecting him :/) I automatically thought of Ansem's SoD's guardian.
    It seems everything in the Kingdom Hearts Series, anyone and everyone is connected so this may be the case.
    But you never know, we just got to wait for the game & see what happens :rockdover:.

5. AxelRikkuconnection Twilight Town Denizen

also that theory explains why vanitas can use the keyblade

6. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

There's not alot told about the history of Ansem SoD. I mean, he has a human form though all Heartless lose their bodies. He has the planning and cunning unlike any other Heartless (who just have basic insticts to take hearts). Also, the incident when (young) Xehanort gave into the darkness happened 9 years previous to the first game. What was he doing for that time?
    I never realised how many gaps they are in the series. It really makes me want more!

I'm also noticing a theme of silver haired people wielding darkness. Maybe a hint at the possible appearence of Vanitas' true face (and hair)?

Unfortunately my brain has ceased to work and is now melting because of the gagillion number of theories people have...but yes...I know what you mean...

7. Takutosuki Merlin's Housekeeper

Maybe someone has already over-proved this, but I simply think Vanitas is Xehanort/Ansem/Xemnas. And that's the reason why we don't see his face from the beginning. It'll be revealed and we'll be expected to go "OH MY GOD!". I mean, if it was someone we didn't recognize, there wouldn't be a point to him having that tight whole-covering suit.
    And Vanitas, as MX's appentice, losing his memory, being discovered by Ansem and only remembering Xehanort's name.... It all adds up.
    Now the keyblade thingie. I think he just forgot about that too. He didn't know he could use a keyblade, simply. And then whenever he got his memories back (cause he DID get them back somewhere since he remembers Aqua) he just didn't use it, or did, and it's just an upcoming cutscene.
    Or he just lost the powers to use a keyblade. If the Ven-into-Sora-theory is true then the keyblade-power can probably be transferred, and it was just transferred out of him...

I don't think we have the whole picture yet and there's definitley quite some missing plotlines, so trying to complete a puzzle when all the pieces are not here is not possible =)

But, I gotta give it to you, the guardian-theory was really good. It could be true.