Role Play Idol [Season One] Challenge #1 VOTING.

Discussion in 'RP Idol Archive' started by Jayn, Aug 13, 2011.

?

Voting for Challenge One--Who stays?

1. Fuuka Yamagishi

7.7%
  2. Bushy Brow

30.8%
  3. Marushi

7.7%
  4. Dr_Wigglz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. bluekingboy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. master of keyblades

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Britishism

15.4%
  8. Ace Phoenix

7.7%
  9. theonly9one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. LilBueno

30.8%
  11. Tummer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

And the winner is...

Congratulations to the lovely Spaze! She managed to wow the judges unanimously with her role play post. You are immune from this voting session.

Don't be discouraged! It was very close between a lot of you.

Go to the challenge thread for your critiques--eventually. (They're still being written by most of the judges).

Feedback!

You guys did rather well, all in all. Because there seemed to be a problem with some of you finding the challenge thread along with the others, I will send a link to your VMs when the next challenge is created.

Also, to the judges, while most of you were up-to-par and available to discuss things with, two of you--you know who are--did manage to push us back. That's a no-go. Hopefully the next challenge will run smoother, so if any of you or the contestants have something to say or any suggestions to help out, please contact me.

What is this?

While we have a winner (who is immune from this poll), we also need to eliminate someone. In this voting session, we'll only vote off one person. You're voting for who you think should stay, and you MUST post in this thread with a valid, detailed critique/reason WHY. There is no voting for yourself. I'll restate my original rule which is be fair about it. Please do not vote for your friends because they're your friends. Please refer to the sign ups thread for more information on voting. (Though, you should have read it already.)

You are REQUIRED to vote. You are REQUIRED to read the other contestants posts. You are REQUIRED to give a reason why.

If you're in the bottom (least amounts of votes), the judges and I will decide who stays and who goes. Only one will be eliminated this time.

If you need extra help, the judges will be critiquing each role player in the main challenge thread.

If you're just following the competition, but you've not entered in it as a contestant, you can vote too. But you're still required to follow the same rules and give a valid reason. If I feel your (or anyone elses) reason is not detailed enough, I will call you out on it. c: (You guys can do the same to me if I seem vague)

Members who have yet to vote...

Fuuka Yamagishi - Tessa River [f]+ Chris River [m]

Bushy Brow - Izzy Kumo [m] + Ilia Kumo [f]

Marushi - Lance [m] + Kara [f]

Dr_Wigglz - Gexln [m] + Rosalina [f]

bluekingboy - Monte [m] + Kusani [f]

Spaze - Stella Sinclaire [f] + Vincent Baker [m]

master of keyblades - Allen [m] + Mina [f]

Britishism - Rory [m] + Keira [f]

Ace Phoenix - Kyatchi [m] + Mizume [f]

theonly9one - Heather [f] + Brad [m]

LilBueno - Jensen Hartley [m] + Jayna Gleek [f]

Tummer - Hannah [f] + Luis [m]

Happy role playing. :]

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I definitely believe that Marushi should stay in the game. It feels like she has a great sense of what she believes her character thinks and feels. Not only that, but she also did a good job describing her environment, which is good for a beginning post. Something I personally like in RP'ing is a very good look into the character's mind, especially in the first post. She has a good character, great description, and also a very talented writer.

3. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

I feel that Bushy Brow should stay. I like how his character had a little denial in the beginning and started questioning the area. I also like how he described the forest and the little cliffhanger at the end.

4. Spaze Gummi Ship Junkie

I don't think Ace Phoenix should leave yet. I like how his character woke up and didn't immediately wonder how he got there. He had a nice amount of detail to describe how he fell off the branch and into the murky water, his actions, the clothes clinging to him, and other things. Also, it's interesting that Kyatchi fell from 500 ft. in the air. XD

5. bluekingboy Destiny Islands Resident

I'm gonna say Bushy Brow.I could really picture the forest the way it was described and I like when an RPer keeps away from vague details.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

I voted for Britishism. I really enjoyed the way you can practically feel the fear/paranoia the character is feeling! Great work!

7. Doukuro Chaser

I voted for Britishism. Person. I really liked how it was first person and his fear. I can add more details later; super tired at the moment though. Just wanted to have something before I forgot, but hopefully this is enough.

8. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I voted for LilBueno/Shell Bullet/Boy Wonder.
    I really felt like his character was defined, and had a set personality throughout. He managed to balance action with emotion.

9. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I also voted for Lilbueno/Shell Bullet/Boy Wonder.
    I really liked his character, he really reminded me of Beat from The World Ends With You. Also, I think that he has a good writing style, and it showed clearly in his post.

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

Voted for Bueno, or whatever he decides to call himself at the time.
    My reasoning is this; the way he's written the dialogue makes it as though we're hearing it rather than reading it, which personally I find helps you to visualise the character as a person rather than a piece of fiction. I will admit, the post was ever so slightly short, and could have had more, but what was there was presented in a way that made it easy to read, and I think appearance matters quite a lot when it comes to things such as this.

11. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

I voted for Bueno.
    I loved his characterisation. It was strong so I really felt that I could relate, and I loved the city boy style.
    I also loved the references, that bought it closer to home for me.
    Overall. He had a good amount of detail, but he didn't push it too far. It felt easy and enjoyable to read and that is why he gets my vote. XD

PS: Thanks to those who voted for me so far :P

12. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

I gave my vote to Fuuka Yamagishi, as I enjoyed her overall writing style the most. It was fun, quirky, somewhat different from the norm and most importantly, easy to read.

In addition to that, her character seemed real to me, and the reactions seemed appropriate. Her panic made it easy for me to relate to her, and I like the potential motivation she'll have with finding her brother.

There were some lovely turns of phrases, in my opinion. This one in particular I loved for the contrast in it:

Plus, her post just gave me that gut reaction of "I really enjoy this writing." Not to say that other posts didn't, this one just was the most obvious one for me.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

I cast my vote to Bushy Brow, aside from the fact that I always enjoyed reading his post. He always manages to do a great of matching his post with his characters personalities. Whether their energetic and out going or shy and some what timid.

14. Jayn

Thank you for voting. Namin3's vote does not count because she didn't provide a reason, but besides that, good job.

The bottom five are; Tummer, theonly9one, master of keyblades, bluekingboy, and Dr_Wigglz. The judges and I will be discussing who to 'send home' shortly. Good luck, guys. c:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.