Kingdom Hearts II Sephiroth

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by nightbane30, Feb 15, 2012.

1. nightbane30 Moogle Assistant

A while ago i beat Sephiroth and i think that he was the hardest thing i had ever done in a game!
    I beat him as a level 82 with the ultima and a lot of elixirs!
    Was he hard for anyone else or am i just bad at KH?

2. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

Same here, i havent beat him yet, weird thing he was easy at KH2

3. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

I HAVE YET to beat him in either KH or KHII. But the KHII file is at level 52ish. That might explain that. It's not just you. I did know a nine-year old who beat Sephiroth without trying. I'm not kidding.

4. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

sepiroth?

more like sepi STRONG

i haven't beat him in well let's see...

i think 2 year
    and half 4 or 6 month

i'm level 99 though ( using action replay lol)
    and using ultima keyblade
    but still can't beat him

5. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Ha, Sephirot is the hardest boss in Kingdom Hearts I and II ever. I haven't played Final Mix, but in the normal Kingdom Hearts he's pretty strong. I used a lot of elixirs and Curagas, and he still was a challenge.

6. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I beat Sephiroth without too much trouble, you just have to be constantly on the move and be at least lvl 60, the higher the better.

But Sephy is NOTHING compared to BBS's Mysterious Figure on Critical Mode...level 99 on all three characters, Ultima Weapon, the ideal (maxed out) deck commands and shotlocks as recommended by various strategies...still wipes the floor with me.

7. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

Mysterious figure is actually easy (spam thunder srge and keep lots of Curaga), Sephiroth is easy in KH2 not the first one. The toughest boss is definetely Terra in KH2 Final Mix.

8. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

I'm working on getting to the point I can beat the Vanitas sentiment. Nearly have the Ultima for Aqua, then it's on to him

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It always confuses me a bit when people go "Oh my god, KH2 Sephiroth is so hard" I mean yes he is hard and it takes me a few tries to beat him, but I was a bit disappointed by him.

KH1 Sephy I don't like fighting unless I'm level 100 period, and it took me days to beat the first time. On replays all my post game work leads up to him and then I mark him as the end, second only to performing the final battle one more time for the secret ending.
    KH2 is a complete joke above level 80 or so, on replays I like to make sure I beat him before level 60 to keep it interesting. He is the first thing I do in the post game, if I haven't already beat him by then.

I will admit that some of the difficulty in KH1 is due to comparative limitations on Sora and some people don't like that, but it is fair difficulty.

10. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

Seeker mines and 99x potions are your friend.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

You are limited to 15 potions per command slot. To carry 90 would take six slots, not leaving you much room for said Seeker Mines. And those are also only available for Aqua. Ven has Tornado to work wonders in that battle, but Terra is left pretty high and dry (especially since his dodge is less than ideal.

12. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

the magic of the ultima keyblade is -2

why don't you use
    the keyblade that we find the ice cream recipe ( forget the name)

that even more better keyblade ( in my opinion)

13. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That would be Terra's Chaos Ripper (+10 strenghth, -2 magic). Ultima has +7 strength and +6 magic, while Sweet Stack has +6 strength and +4 magic.

If you aren't using any physical attacks Pixie Petal is just as good at +3 strength +6 magic. There is just a reduction of 15% to your crit damage.

14. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Well sephiroth is considered a superboss, so it's expected for him to be fairly hard. once you beat him, he gets a lot easier when fighting him again (to me at least). This goes for both of them.

For Vanitas Remnant, 2 Tornadoes and one other hit kill him instantly i believe. But that's only for Ven. I haven't beaten him with Aqua yet but i've heard mine spells work great. As for Terra, i won by setting all commands to item commands and hitting him with dash repeatedly. Use demolition, Terra's final finisher, when you can as that's where most of the damage comes from. worked rather well believe it or not.

As for MF....I have yet to beat him with anyone. Thunder surge and curagas help, but i still can't get him past half health.

15. Axelxxiii Moogle Assistant

I never even fought him in KH1 (i played it when i was young so i skipped a lot of things) but KH2 was pretty tough i beat him at lvl 55 with Oblivion only because after fighting him 10000000 times i learned strategies and timing for blocks and counters and such but that fight was horrifying especially the end Dx i was postive that it was the end for me

16. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

KH1 Sephiroth was a big pain, but KH2 Sephiroth wasn't nearly as hard. Also, Terra is probably easier than KH2 Sephiroth. Just guard and don't give him any breathing room.

17. Misty gimme kiss

I've yet to beat either Sephiroth, don't have BBS so I can't vouch for comparative difficulty.

I think I'm just a bit worthless at video games. ;x I think I've gotten about halfway through the KHII fight, but gave up, hah. I only last a few seconds in KH.

18. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

I've beaten Sephiroth in both KH1 and 2. And I think KH1 Sephiroth was more harder than KH2. Mainly because in KH2 there is this pattern I noticed he does after fighting (and dying) against him a few times and it's mainly about learning that pattern and finding the right times to punish him when he's vulnerable. KH1 Sephiroth while he does have a pattern as well is harder to predict since I think he changes things up a bit then that meteor thing he does at the end just throws you off for awhile.

Though the times in which I beat them might've influenced my opinion. I beat KH1 Sephiroth around the time the game first came out and I didn't even know there was a battle with Sephiroth in KH2 until much later after it came out. Meaning my general gaming experience might've also been a factor.

19. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Never did it in KH1, even though i got to the last life bar...
    It is strange he behaves just like in KH2, but in KH2 I killed him much easly (not to mention in the final mix when we got LIMIT FORM).
    I think it is because in KH1 both controlers and powers are inferior to KH2, Sora is way more powerfull (as he should) in KH2.
    Terra's Lingering spirit kills me just after my Final limit form ends ;(... but I take some lifes with it before though...

20. Graxe King's Apprentice

Sephiroth is hands down harder in KH1 than in KH2. Probably because his damage output was considerably lower in KH2 than in KH1 (I'm talking about single hits, DPS-wise KH2 Sephiroth takes the cake) and also the fact that the highest combo string you could do to him before he recovers in KH1 was four (Normal combos, not Limits like Sonic Blade, etc.). Really, if it wasn't for the four-hit combo limit, Sephiroth would be slightly easier because you'd be able to stunlock him longer.

But at least he's beatable at Level 1 in KH2. KH1 Sephiroth? I had trouble with the Card Soldiers at Level 1.