Kingdom Hearts II "Sharing" Keyblades (Spoilers?)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by WarpObscura, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

I was always under the impression that Keyblades automatically returned to their wielders if they were taken away by any means. However, the incidence of Keyblades being used by people other than their wielders in KH2 seems to contradict this.

For example:
    1) Riku using Oblivion which he caught after Roxas threw it at him
    2) Kairi using the Keyblade Riku gave her
    3) Sora taking Way to the Dawn from Riku to attack Final Xemnas

So what exactly is the truth? Is it actually possible for a Keyblade-user to "lend" another person temporary control of his Keyblade? Does the Keyblade wielder exert influence on the Keyblade to make it usable by others or is there another factor to explain this?

2. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Basically that's the idea. Keyblade wielders ,a.k.a. Keybladers, are able to use the keyblade. So that means that they can use other keybladers keyblades as well.

Keyblade master= wielder of other keyblades.

3. JackS27 Twilight Town Denizen

I think the answer lies in the fact that Sora, Roxas, and Riku were all keyblade weilders, and only keyblade weilders can weild keyblades, as the name says.

It must take a certain kind of heart to use a keyblade in the first place, but if you have that heart you can weild anyone's.

So people we know for a fact can weild keyblades: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, and Roxas (himself being an extension of Sora anyway).

People who we know for a fact CANNOT weild keyblades: Squall Leonhart and Jack Sparrow.

Since Squall can't touch it, and he and Yuffie somehow managed to take Sora's keyblade form him temporarily at the beginning of KH1, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuffie could hold it.

Then, of course, this is all speculation.

4. Sara Tea Drinker

Hence it should be in Speculation... :rolleyes:

-MOVED-

5. JackS27 Twilight Town Denizen

I thought this was in "Speculation" in the first place. Did I miss something? Am I getting alzheimers at the ripe old age of 20?

6. RPGgamer Traverse Town Homebody

I actually think that maybe Riku willed Sora to use the Way to Dawn. For the flower thing, well, maybe Riku was supposed to take it to her, so she could unlock her power. With Roxas, um... well, Riku in the first one was able to weild Oblivion because he had darkness in his heart. Maybe a small trace of darkness was left and so he was able to use Oblivion.

7. Roxas OG

They're all allowed to wield anyone they want. That's why Riku can use Sora's Keyblade. He takes it in Traverse Town, then throws it back to Sora.

8. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Um, this is a bit obvious. Keyblade Masters CAN use other Keyblade Master's keyblades because they are worthy of wielding Keyblades. Wow, I said the word 'Keyblade' three times, now 4.

9. JackS27 Twilight Town Denizen

Where else can you find a practical use for the word "Keyblade"?

10. Zexion of the Twilight The conflicts within my priorities....

Well, there's my take on this thread.

11. Ryu the Keyblader Merlin's Housekeeper

I think Keybladers can lend there Keyblade if they wanted to. In KH1, Sora was learning to use the Keyblade. It was taken away from him because he probably didn't know how to "keep" it. In KH2, Roxas lended his keyblade to Riku because he probably wanted a good fight just like his battle with Sora. XH Riku gave Kairi a keyblade to protect herself, so that is pretty obvious. Finally, Riku gives Sora his keyblade because, at that moment, he was pretty useless being hurt and all.

Those are my thoughts.

12. Anderson (☞゚∀゚)☞ You've lost the game.

I understand the case of Riku and Sora. However, the contradiction of Kairi's "keyblade" confuses me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.