SotW Voting Signature of the Week #84 - Freestyle

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by Misty, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    no. 84
    [voting thread; votes due July 15th, 2012]
    FREESTYLE

Our last Freestyle was about seven months ago, think we're due up for another! As the title suggests, pretty much any entry is welcome this week, so you have no excuse for not entering, right? :)

Happy sigging!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you are unsure of how to vote then check out this thread here, anyone is welcome to vote but entrants MUST vote.

Plums
    [​IMG]

Judge Sunrose
    [​IMG]

Misty
    [​IMG]

Saxima
    [​IMG]

muff monkey
    [​IMG]

NubCat~
    [​IMG]

2. Amber PLUR

1. muff monkey - I like the lighting. The typograpy in here is also amazing as well. I can definitely see some emotion in this piece.
    2. Plums - I like the energy in here, as well as the text placement.
    3. NubCat~ - I like the effects near her torso.

3. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

1.muff monkey - Sexy render with sexy light and extremely well done text. Me gusta.
    2.NubCat~ - liking the over all color and the effects used around your render, plus I want to marry lightning lololol
    3.Plums - Nice background and text, just needs some blending with the render. Kinda looks slapped on there but still it's nice.

4. muff monkey Twilight Town Denizen

Nubcat~ - I am seriously in love with the colors in this. I think it would be cool if the darker pink on the right side had spread further into the light pink just to make more happening on that side.
    Plums - Gosh, teach me your smudging skills, if that's what it is. *-* I really like how the colors blend, but then again they really don't, because you can tell when one starts and the other ends. I really, really like it, though.
    Misty - I like the text on this and also the lighting. It's really pretty.

5. Plums Wakanda Forever

muff monkey - That lighting. <3 I also really liked the text placement and the overall color scheme. V. gorgeous. <3

Enzy - I really adored the colors in this, especially the orange-yellow fractal on Lightning's armor. I think the only thing a bit off for me is the pink swirly light in front of her boobs, but it doesn't rally take away from the piece at all. xD

Misty - Also like the text and the lighting. And I also like how she was blended into the Bokeh. :v

6. Judge Sunrose Destiny Islands Resident

Saxima - The simplicity and uniqueness just won me. Text&Effexts are spot on, the border is really nice, and your stock is awesome. Props to you!

Enzy (NubCat~) - Quite an elaborate piece, I'll give you that. Beautiful smudging and lighting/color scheme. Maybe you could've tweaked the shape or placement a bit, there's too much happening in the center to leave blank space. Regardless, the general feel of it just screams Lightning. B:

muff monkey - Pretty much what everyone else said above. Great job, but there is one thing I'd like to point out, however. Its top seems too bleached, though it's just me I guess...

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Misty: Well, I love this one, the render is a bit grainy but I just love the circles xD and the colours are warm and very aestetically pleasing.

Muff Monkey: I just like the general feel of it and the dark colours with hints of greens and reds just works beautifully. I also love the lighting.

Plooooooms: I want your smudging skills, I just have always liked the look of it, I also like the fact that you did quite a few in a group with the lyrics to Persona songs (Persona n00b. Not sure which one xD). I just think more blending would look a bit better <3

8. jafar custom title

muff monkey: i like that it has this foggy flow and it all feels like it's the same layer. Really great.

NubCat~: neat effects, it's very flashy. the torso is cut off weird though.

Judge Sunrose: I like the simplicity of it, but it's rather big and the font is cut-off at the bottom and unnecessary. Smaller is better in this case.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Sunrose: I really like yours because it's extremely simplistic and the text placement was just perfect for it. You used three good base colors that complement each other and didn't contrast too badly. Well done.

muff monkey: I like how dark it is, but I don't have to strain my eyes to see the details. The smudged smokey effect going on in the background looks especially nice, and the render looks just foggy enough to fit it. I'm not too overly-thrilled at the text, but I hardly am; still, it looks better than what I could pull off.

Enzy: Overall, it's just a bit to sharp for me, but Lighting♥, so. The effects that you pulled to have the render seemingly coming out of them is pretty awesome, and the color scheme isn't bad either.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Leaving this open until tonight, but putting my votes in:
    1. NubCat~: I really like that you pulled off white negative space! That's something I've not seen many people attempt, or even try. Fits Lightning well too. The flow and effects are quite nice as well. I would be curious to see an attempt at text in here but it's of course not mandatory. My only negative is that things seem a little overwrought by sharpening.
    2. Plums: smudging is love love lovely, as are the colors. I think you could benefit from some blending or foreground effects on the stock, and I am... not a fan of the text, but still a nice job.
    3. muff monkey: Close run for second here, I do like this one a lot but I think it is hurt by some awkward placement--the stock and the text, instead of complimenting each other, are fighting for my attention. I also think that the bottom like... 50px could be cut out without much harm to the tag. But the light and the effects are nice, and I do like the purple color scheme.

11. Misty gimme kiss

> until tonight
    > five days pass

So sorry guys! I need to start leaving myself notes on my calendar about this... Anyway, congrats to muff monkey!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.