Kingdom Hearts So what happened to Sora's parents?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Labrys, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Labrys King's Apprentice

So at the very beginning of kh1 after you help Kairi get the supplies to built the raft , there was a cutscene were Sora was in his room and his parents called him telling him dinner was ready(scene before the Destiny Islands was consumed by darkness)
    So what happened to them? I mean there probably worried sick because their son hasn't been home for god knows how long! What do you guys think? A plot hole? Because friends arnt the only thing he needs to depend on. What about his family? Don't they count? He needs family too

2. Glen Returned from the dead

What if the dissappearance of his family is something Nomura has planned for after the Xehanort saga? As in he has to go into the realm of darkness itself to search for them and save them, whether its by simply bringing them back or if they've been consumed by the darkness and he needs to free them from it? Could be interesting.

3. KHRocker8495 Destiny Islands Resident

In KH2 we see that the Destiny Islands have returned (Even the inland, where Kairi attends school)

So we can assume that Sora's parents are also there as well. Though they really aren't even mentioned.

4. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I think that they disappeared along with the islands in KH I. In KH II, They probably forgot about him like everyone else, but suddenly remember. Now that you mention it, what the heck is Sora doing leaving on his own without telling his parents. Maybe they're not a close family, which forces Sora to be closer to his friends, which is the reason why he seems to care about them more than his family.

5. Neku_Sakuraba Gummi Ship Junkie

I think they abandoned him right before Darkness took over. Sora slept while they left. Thus the reason why Sora tries to be all happy-like, to try to forget about his parents. He tells no one to further help with forgetting.

6. dreambydistance Merlin's Housekeeper

I believe his parents love him and are fine on Destiny Islands but Sora is too focused on helping his friends, family means very little in KH unless I am proven wrong in future titles.

7. Cherry Berry Chaser

Maybe he told his parents about everything, and that they're still taking time for it to sink in. His parents clearly love and care for him, so maybe it took him a while to convince them he had to leave after he came back (post KHII, foreshadowing DDD). I think they're backing him, adding to the strength of his already courageous heart.

8. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

It's been sometime since i've played the first game . . . but at what point (bad memory here) did it ever say the girl/woman calling out to Sora was his mother? Maybe they were just room mates or something. Have you ever seen parents throughout the rest of the games? Kairi had a grandmother . . . but what about all the other children? Plot hole, or intentional? Who could ever know.

9. Cherry Berry Chaser

I know that in BBS Sora's father was mentioned, as Riku mentions to Terra that the father of his friend brought him out there to the island. Of course, we can't insinuate more about his mother, if it's his mother in the first game. But it is heavily implied, or so I believe. We don't hear much from everybody else's family but what we do hear are mentions of Kairi and Sora's relatives.

10. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm sure they exist, but aren't of much importance to the story, so they're not shown. Though they are mentioned a few times.

11. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

No, he left them. Just before the Darkness comes, he goes to the island to check on the raft because a huge storm is coming. Then his mom calls for him, but he's gone.

12. Keero Moogle Assistant

This is a very good topic for conversation and ideas. but I believe that Sora's parents (I believe he only has a Mother for what ever reason due to her voice appearance in the first Kingdom Hearts game) are safe and sound, and probably hadn't remembered what happened. Selphie seemed to remember nothing before Destiny Islands was swallowed in Darkness, so I believe for the parents it's the same.

Kingdom Hearts is mostly based upon the power of friendship, I don't believe Sora's parent's will ever make a big appearance or plot in any of the upcoming games. It's always curious to wonder what his and Riku's backgrounds are before the Kingdom Hearts story began-- even Kairi's for that matter.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I agree with Keero, I just think if they were mentioned and talked about then it would produce a huge side story that no one is that interested in. I think they just aren't mentioned because dealing with Sora having to explain everything or ask permission to go save the worlds then it would just get ridiculous and complicated so Nomura has just left them out.

I don't think they'll ever be part of a huge plot development, I think they'll only be talked about in reference. This is a game concentrating on friendship more than family.

14. Labrys King's Apprentice

Yes but isn't family more important than friends,?

15. Loriah Banned

I think Nomura only wanted the game to be about Sora and only him. If his family was in the game, though, I think Sora would go and visit them. I've been wondering though if Sora is actually an orphan and if his parents died. Maybe Sora used to live at Radient Gardens as a young kid.

16. Keero Moogle Assistant

It is to me, but this particular game focuses on the importance of friendship, trust, loyalty, and working together.

17. KHRocker8495 Destiny Islands Resident

Okay, new theory.

Sora's dad was a drunk. His mother was the town Wh*** and he resented himself for it. Because of that, he ran to his friends for comfort. That's the main reason for his yearn-fulness to leave and his bright disposition. It was his aunt who called to him before the door to darkness was opened. His aunt was forced to take him in after the custody battle. So with Sora out of the picture, life at home is relatively more comfortable for all of his family. Sora now feels free to go wherever he pleases whenever he pleases.

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Yes, but I just think Nomura wanted to focus more on the friendship side of things. Perhaps wanting to show friends as being like a second family because he grew up with Riku. I think if the game were to deal with family as well as friends then it would be cramming too much into it.

19. Cloud4012 Gummi Ship Junkie

In the manga you hear soras mom call him for dinner but other than that nothing

20. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Interesting you comment this since I don't think likewise or otherwise. Actually, I don't really have a good family, but that doesn't mean friends are more important. So I'd like to add that my opinion (it is just my opinion kk :3) is that the people you love are the most important, since you can love someone more than you own family.

Oh, be aware I did not see from where did your post came of where it went after it.

---

My guess would be their parents would get pretty worried, but they didn't have anything to do, so they only waited until they come back. But anyway, it isn't important to the game itself, and I honest think it shouldn't come up to the story. ;;