Birth by Sleep Sora and Ventus

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Moe Money, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Moe Money Moogle Assistant

Umm i have been thinking about this after i beaten kingdom hearts 1 and birth by sleep
    As we saw that Ventus gave his heart to sora when he was a kid but as you play kingdom hearts 1 every heart that was inside Sora went away "Kairi"
    So what happened to his heart?

2. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Point-blank released like Kairi's. I haven't played KH1, but they were saying the scene had TWO hearts coming out, but Sora's stayed with him, otherwise he wouldn't be able to steer around that body of light Kairi gave him when he reverted back from a Heartless.

Another thing to support this is this:
    Mickey walks up to Master Yen Sid and tells him something about Ven's heart being relocated. So this implies it got lost after Kingdom Hearts 1.

So, um, yeah. :3"

EDIT: Oh, typos, how I hate you so.

3. BraigX Merlin's Housekeeper

I forgot those details.I was thinking that ven's heart is still in sora's body.So now his heart is somewhere probably in the darkness but considering ven has no more darkness because of vanitas i wonder if the heart had tried to find a body like kairi's heart.

4. monstro567 Merlin's Housekeeper

I was under the impression that when Sora released Kairi's heart in the first game that he also released Ven's heart, but instead of going back to his body it went into Sora's nobody. I also think that is why Ventus and Roxas look alike.

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I thought in a way in manifested as Roxas, he is a special nobody and it was said that he has some emotions. But, it most likely went somewhere and in KH3 you'll have to go find it.

6. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Judging from one of Nomura's answers in an interview, this is exactly what happened.

7. Kaidron Blaze Kingdom Keeper

The Gale Valleys, before the darkness attacks...
    I know this is most likey to be what happened but this also begs the question is Roxas's Sora's Nobody or Ven's? because so far all Nobodies look like their respective Somebodies and Roxas looks like Ven...

8. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

If Roxas had his heart, wouldn't he just become Ven and not a Nobody at all? I mean, I could be missing something here. Please explain. :3

EDIT: I mean, explain/say/state/however you wish to call it why you think so? XD;; Just in case.

Could I...have a look at that? I don't really remember anything like that...

9. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

He'd be Sora's. He was made from Sora's body and born from Sora's heart. He just happened to house another heart in him that shaped his body to look like someone else's instead of Sora's.
    The way I see it, he became a different person because he had Ven's heart but not his memories so he didn't have his personality either. Instead, he had an exaggerated version of Sora's personality (plus a large amount of angst). Also, he was still a Nobody because he was just a shell born after its respective heart lost itself to darkness while Ven would still be a whole person (The fact that Roxas had a heart separates him from other Nobodies, but he wouldn't turn back to Ven)

10. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Well, that would work, but...
    Wouldn't that make the Terra-Xehanort thing a questionable thing?

(Have to ask. Where did the angst come from? XD)

I will not bring Coded in here again. I will be a hypocrite.

11. monstro567 Merlin's Housekeeper

In theory maybe, but when Sora housed Kairi's heart he didn't change into her, although that is probably not a very good example and is probably irrelevent.

12. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

Oh, no, it's relevant. It's just that, if Roxas had Ven's heart, that would be the ONLY heart he'd have. Sora had his heart and Kairi's heart. :3"

13. P Banned

Even if he had Ven's heart, then he'd still lack Ven's soul and Ven's (real) body, so he wouldn't be Ven.

14. Misty gimme kiss

Well, for the sake of argument, aren't memories stored in one's heart in the Kingdom Hearts universe?
    If memories make us who we are, then Roxas would be Ven, if he had Ven's heart.

I like to think though that Roxas did have Ven's heart and that Ven's memories somehow made Naminé special, because iirc Naminé is partially Sora's nobody as well as Kairi's?

15. P Banned

Then what does the soul do in the KHV universe? Personality?

16. Misty gimme kiss

I'm not really sure? Do people have souls in the KH universe? haha
    I pretty much figured they were unneeded, as the entire thing is centered around hearts.

17. P Banned

Yeah, there's the body, soul and heart. It's mentioned in a Secret Report of some kind. If the soul leaves, the person is dead. That's all we know so far though.

18. Sufris Twilight Town Denizen

So the body houses the heart, and the heart houses the emotions, the memories...the...personality?

Guess he won't be a complete Ven. He'd just have his memories, the heart, emotions, 'chevers, and still be a Special Nobody. =3=

19. HawkeyedOne Merlin's Housekeeper

I've been wondering this too. The whole scene, though one of my favorite scenes of all time, becomes incredibly confusing when you take into account BBS. It was confusing enough already; According to Riku, the Dark Keyblade was supposed to release all the -darkness- in someone's heart, not their light. I understand that Riku was going to use the Keyblade to release Kairi's heart, but according to his explanation, the hearts could have just as easily been destroyed by that action. Furthermore, I thought that the remains of Ventus' heart had grafted itself to Sora's; he wasn't really borrowing the space, like Kairi was. There's also the possibility that after Sora became a Heartless, Ven's heart took over.

On a semi related comment, by the end of Kingdom Hearts 2, Kairi is sporting 1 additional personality (Namine), Riku is sporting 3 (Xehanort, Terra, and Eraquis), and Sora is sporting 3 (Roxas, Xion (technically), and Ventus).

Also... How is it that Sora and Riku missed meeting up with Aqua and Ansem? There was a difference of like, 30 minutes between Ansem's disappearance and theirs.

20. Misty gimme kiss

From the Kingdom Hearts wiki:
    While the Wiki is by no means an official source, that seems like the best explanation to me.