Dream Drop Distance Sora's Link attacks vs. Riku's Link attacks

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Chad Thundercucc, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

Or rather, Link Styles vs. Spirit Links.

What did you guys like better? Sora's Spirit Links where he gets an opportunity to deal high damage with invincibility? Or Riku's Link Styles where he gets different attack abilities?

2. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

For single links, I prefer Riku's. It's difficult for me to control the Spirits when using Sora's. However, for dual links, I prefer Sora's by far. The invincibility as well as the massively strong attack is a huge positive.

3. Antidote Façade

Riku's Link Styles, but that's only because I hated the whole Dream Eater system so I have an automatic bias against anything involving them.

4. Shift Chaser

Riku's links were cool, but impractical most of time. Sora's both awesome and devastating either way, like the Flobermeow + Anything Dual Link, beats Megaflare at cleaning screens and actually deals damage to bosses, so, Sora.

5. 61 No. B

Riku's Link Styles are a pleasant improvement to Command Styles but they are wildly ineffective, whereas Sora's Link Attacks are incredibly useful and do insane amounts of damage.

One looks cool but is useless, one looks dumb but is useful. Take your pick.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Riku's links since they were close to the BBS style attacks. Though I'll admit, Sora's Link attacks were pretty fun.

7. Glen Returned from the dead

In general I liked Sora's more surprisingly. I think the only exception was the link that Riku gains wings and has the ability to fly during the link, because that was a heck of a lot of fun. Even with that ability though, I found myself not using the links much for Riku.

8. Jin うごかないで

Riku's. he merges with the dreams rather than riding them, the effects become amazing though I like sora's too but my first impression of it; bouncing on a giant cat. I wasn't too fond of it until I got the Ram

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I must not have played the same game as half the posters in here. I found Sora's links woefully ineffective, while I used and abused Riku's right up to the last couple boss fights. Sora's links take too long to deal damage; no matter how big it is, I can usually outpace it with Riku's link styles in the same time frame. Sora's OP light attacks are way better for massive single-hit damage, especially since one of them heals.

10. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

I dunno. Most of the time, Riku's link attacks did pretty much the same damage as his normal attacks, making it seem like more style than substance. Sora's didn't seem as cool, but they did do hella damage, and plus the limited invincibility made it totally worth it.

What difficulty did you play it on?

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Normal. There was definitely a damage boost to the styles, it may not have been much but it stacked over a couple hits. And since most styles could hit ten times for Sora's one...

12. Arch Mana Knight

I found Riku's links to be flashy but with little to no damage buff and no invincibility frames(whereas Sora is always invincible with his links), they were pretty lackluster. Even Command Styles were more useful back in BBS. Sora's may not have looked as cool but they were, as everyone else has said, pretty overpowered.

13. NemesisPrime Hollow Bastion Committee

Sora's was more flashy but ineffective to me in the long run outside of Wonder Meow/Meowjesty while Riku's offered more opportunities for combos and damage.