[stabs disk drive] Help?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Sumi, Jul 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumi suicidé

Okay, so I'm just mindin' my own buissness right? Well, I pop in my John Mayer CD and I'm goin' to go rip it. I open up Windows Media Player, because it isn't opening up Auto Play. That should have been a warning.
    Okay, so I go over to 'Rip Disk' or whatever, and it says there's no disk. I'm like, "What the hell, yes there is damn it." and I open up the drive, check the CD, put it back in, etc.
    Well, it still says there isn't a disk. I check around my comp, and find there's no disk drive anymore.
    This happened a few months ago and it's killing me. I looked online for help, tried uninstslling and restarting, but nothing's working.
    Any suggestions?​

2. Stardust Chaser

Wait, so someone physically took the disk drive out or it's not recognizing your DVD/CD Drive anymore?

Mine is almost the same as yours. It broke when I tried writing a DVD, and now it doesn't recognize any CD or DVD I put inside it. The only difference is that the drive still comes up when I go to Start ===> My Computer, so I think it's just the laser... Yours might be more difficult =/.

So you've checked your My Computer, and basically your CD drive is gone?
    Is this a shared PC you're on? Maybe someone removed it =/ Ask around...?

3. Sumi suicidé

It's my personal laptop, and the Disk Drive just... dissappeared. It wasn't physically removed. ​

4. Toshi Banned

If you can, check the cables inside your pc, which are connected to your disc drive. There should be two cables, one with 4 pins which is the power cable, and one with many pins, which is the cable which is connected to the motherboard. If one of them is not in its proper position, then it might make the disc drive stop working. Maybe accidentally one of the cables was removed, so check to see if they're properly placed.
    Maybe your disc drive made a boo-boo, or one of the cables has made a boo-boo.

5. The Twin My, what a strange duet

What kind of laptop is it? With mine, I can push a button on the side of the laptop and take the whole drive out. Maybe someone did that to yours in the past and now the pins are bent on either the drive or the ports inside the comp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.