Film Star Wars Episode IX

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by . : tale_wind, Jul 27, 2018.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The final part of the Sequel Trilogy, Star Wars Episode IX begins shooting August 1. J.J. Abrams is returning to the director's seat, and he's also written the screenplay with Chris Terrio (Argo, Justice League). John Williams will once again compose the score.

Our cast includes...

RETURNING CAST
    • Daisy Ridley - Rey
    • John Boyega - Finn
    • Oscar Isaac - Poe Dameron
    • Kelly Marie Tran - Rose Tico
    • Adam Driver - Kylo Ren
    • Lupita Nyong'o - Maz Kanata
    • Domhnall Gleeson - General Hux
    • Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker
    • Carrie Fisher - Leia Organa, using unused footage from The Force Awakens
    • Anthony Daniels - C3PO
    • Joonas Suotamo - Chewbacca
    • Billy Dee Williams - Lando Calrissian
    • Billie Lourd - Lieutenant Connix
    NEW CAST
    • Naomi Ackie (Lady Macbeth, The Five)
    • Richard E. Grant (Logan, Doctor Who)
    • Keri Russell (The Americans, Mission: Impossible III)

The film will release on December 20, 2019.

source

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Matt Smith (Doctor Who, The Crown) and Dominic Monaghan (Lord of the Rings, Lost) have also joined the cast of the film in unspecified roles, though Smith's is reportedly a "key role."

source 1, 2

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The first trailer has been revealed for Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I feel like I really have to get this off my chest... but honestly, I haven't really been enjoying these new Star Wars movies that have been coming out for the past four years as much as I would've liked to. I still think they're decent and worth watching. But none of them have really stuck with me emotionally as the original six movies have (these days, the MCU is what's filling the Star Wars void in my heart). To me, they feel like nothing more than fan fictions with big budgets.

But now I hear how Episode IX is apparently supposed to tie together the entire saga and conclude it, so admittedly, I am curious. Then this trailer came out today. While it was nice to see Leia and Lando, the whole thing didn't really offer much that was different from the recent movies. But then... the cackle at the end... completely changed my mind...

[​IMG]
    One of my favorite Star Wars characters ever... Palpatine/The Emperor/Darth Sidious/The Phantom Menace/The Senate/The Chancellor/Sheev himself is coming back! And Ian McDiarmid will be reprising his role!!! His return alone has completely hyped me up for this Star Wars movie in a way I haven't felt since 2005. While I am still cautiously optimistic, if this is what is meant by tying the entire 9 chapter saga together, then I am pleasantly intrigued! If they're bringing back Palpatine... could they also bring back Obi-Wan and Anakin/Vader? And what's this about a Skywalker rising (Is it Luke? Leia? Kylo? Anakin? Umm... Shmi?)? I've got so many questions, but I honestly can't wait for this movie!

5. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

I've seen the last two films of the trilogy and will likely see this one, but man. When I saw the trailer and heard that laugh, my mind exploded with a million questions, cause well, I wasn't expecting him to become back. And I thought we saw him get pretty fired in Episode VI, but I'm sure they'll probably have a way to explain how he came back and his role in the movie.

6. Patman Bof

I'm glad they brought JJ back because ... well let's just say I wasn't exactly hopeful for that one. Judging by the conference they're well aware of the Last Jedi's flaws. As for the emperor I couldn't help suspecting he might still be around. We never saw him actually die, just fall, and no one ever bothered retrieving the body. And if Mara Jade was a thing ... what else did we not know about ? The man loved his secrets.

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

A teaser trailer was shown to D23 attendees this weekend, and now it's available for everyone to see!

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The movie's final trailer released tonight. Take a look:

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New TV spot released today:

DUEL OF THE FATES!!!!!!!!!

10. tawhid Moogle Assistant

I tried my best to like this movie but I couldn't.

11. avensis Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm not going to make long speeches, this movie sucks, it shames Star Wars, even more than 7 and 8.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022
  12. Akhil Aggarwal Moogle Assistant

I have liked all the Star wars movie and this too was good.