Star Wars vs. Star Trek

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Mysty, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Mysty Unknown

This has been a battle for the past few decades on which franchise is better. I personally enjoy both of them, but that isn't the case with most people. They are strictly for one and against the other and have their reasons. So KHV, I come to you with the ultimate questions that may heat up a debate that this corner hasn't seen in ages. This can go as far as every generation of Star Trek including the new movies and in turn the books and games for Star Wars.

Could the Millennium Falcon beat the Enterprise in a dog fight?
    Is the Star Trek universe better that the Star Wars universe?
    Which has the better plot and explains the universe and its functionality better?
    Are the supervillains in Star Trek more well developed than the Sith in Star Wars?
    Luke Skywalker vs. Spock...
    Etc.

Let it rip Khv

2. Patman Bof

I' ve never watched Star Treck, very few people have watched it in my country. It was on TV when I was a wee kid, I only remember the funky clothes. There' s been no re-run and none of the more recent series made it here.

As I understand it it' s actual sci-fi. Its science is often wonky, but at least it tries to get it right. Star Wars on the other hand is just modern mythology, its futuristic setting is purely cosmetic.

I' m a sucker for both but I tend to prefer sci-fi. I' d like to give the movies a shot, but I heard they dropped sci-fi for the Star Wars mold.

3. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I really like both, I am not more invested in either but I haven't spent loads of my time watching either really (I've only watched the Star Trek new films and have yet to watch Episode II and III of Star Wars). I tend not to compare them though because Star Wars is futuristic but is set "a very long time ago in a galaxy far far away" and I don't know why but it bothers me that Earth and humans are never really explained, as far as I know, in it so I find it difficult to relate to as a science fiction as opposed to fantasy. While Star Trek is plainly based in the future.

I feel like I need to watch more Star Trek before I can give a fair analysis though.

4. Jin うごかないで

[​IMG]
    In all seriousness I never enjoyed stark trek as much as Starwars. Mostly because at the time when I watched both on VHS tape when I was a young boy, the concept of star trek..was really boring and that sort of ruined much of any chance of me going back to the series because it was boring. Where as Star wars had so much to offer and think about. Personally I believe star wars is a much better series but thats just my opinion :C