Story Game!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by twilightsown, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twilightsown King's Apprentice

Alright, I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for awhile, and I decided to give it a shot. This thread goes out to all the fanficers out there. Essentially, I'll post the first part of a story, then whoever posts next posts another part, minimum of two paragraphs. Once the story comes to an end I'll take what has all been written and put it all into word, then post an attachment here, or if I can't here, I'll put it somewhere else and then tell you all where it is. Here are some rules:
    A: A Person who starts a story posts a minimum of three paragraphs (though more is welcome)
    B: A Person who starts a new story must put a summary of a general idea of where to take the story is going, whether its supposed to be a happy or sad end, and a character list.
    C: No Yaoi or Yuri. This is just a rule of my own. If someone wants to write a yaoi, start another thread. I just ask that it not be here.
    D: The story doesn't have to be Kingdom Hearts, but don't be surprised if people can't continue your story if you post something about a place they don't know. Original stories are welcome as well, just make sure you specify that so people don't think its a KH fic.
    E: Two paragraph post minimum. This is to keep things from dying out.
    F: PLEASE use proper english. It'll make it much easier on me when I go to edit the story at the end.
    G: Other than that, try to stick true to the person's idea. By agreeing to this, they are submitting their work to your opinion, but don't go doing something that may offend them.
    Other than that, have fun. Hopefully people will get a kick out of this. If people don't like a rule, pm me, and I may consider changing it, though I won't budge on the Yaoi/Yuri part. Well, here is the story I'm going to start us off with.

Summary: A normal character, Skitte, is brought to the centerfold for the first time. A loner from Twilight Town, he has always longed to join Seifer's Gang. Finall gaining enough courage to attempt asking, he confronts Seifer, only to be told to brave the empty mansion on the edge of town.
    Characters: Main: Skitte, Namine
    Others: Seifer, Fui, Rai, Vivi
    I thought this story up to have a sad ending. Skitte does go the mansion. He meets Namine, but on his way out he is attacked by a nobody and killed. The town never hears from him again, and Seifer and his gang cover the whole thing up.

Dearly Beloved
    ~Dearly Beloved…
    Those who gather together in memory of one who is lost is often referred to as such. Those whose souls seek respite from the growing pain which is harbored in their heart, body, and soul.
    The loss of one truly great gathers many of those who wish to be called Dearly Beloved. Some truly regret this loss, others seek only recognition of those who are their, still others are forced there. What then are those who are to be called Dearly Beloved.
    Many lives come and go, more in my lifetime than I would have ever liked to have seen be lost. Those both great, good, and those easily forgotten. The pain of loss is something that eats away at the very essence of a person. It sits like a plague in the heart of the one most hurt, and takes away all meaning of happiness or joy. It rots you from the inside out, darkness seeking to destroy those so readily available to its lure.. How then can one cope with being one of those who are the Dearly Beloved?~

Skitte was average height, average weight, brown hair, and brown eyed. He was completely forgettable in every way, even his demeanor. No one paid attention to him ever since he could remember. That’s why he wasn’t surprised when he was asked who he was when he approached Seifer at the sandlot.
    “What business you got with da boss?†Rai asked as he approached the small group hanging around near the poster for the upcoming Struggle event.
    “I was…I was…â€
    “Out with it.†Seifer spat as he turned to face the newcomer.
    “Well, Seifer, sir. I was wondering…if maybe I could join your gang?†A small grunt from Fui signified the feeling all the members seemed to portray to the young boy. He cowered before the group, but held his ground. He was tired of being a nobody. He’d been that his whole life. He had decided over the last few sleeples nights that he might be able to gain some form of recognition if he joined with Seifer. Good or bad, attention was attention. And he wanted it desperately.
    “Sorry,†Seifer paused in his statement and looked down his nose at the child, implying for the kid give his name.
    “Skitte, sir. My names Skitte.â€
    “Sorry, Skitte, but we’re not realy looking for any new members at the moment. Vivi over there just joined up with us not that long ago, and we really don’t need anybody else to take care of at the moment.â€
    “Oh…†the boy said defeated. As he looked down at his feet, Seifer motioned for the rest of his gang to follow him and began to head toward the exit of the sandlot leading to the back alley. Something in the boys gut told him to react before he could think, and before he knew it, he called back out to Seifer.
    “Are you sure their isn’t anything I can do to prove that I could be in the gang? I’m tougher than I look. I’ll even fight you if I have to.â€
    That was smart… Skitte thought as Seifer stopped dead in his tracks and whirled around at the kid.
    “You’ll fight me? Hardly.†Seifer scoffed as he stepped within a hair’s length of the boys face. Faces nearly touching, Seifer shoved the boy backwards, who managed to keep his balance and turn back to face the gang leader, a defiant look on his face.
    “Yeah, I’ll fight you. If that’s what it takes.â€
    “Destroy him.†Fui said, the same silent expression that she always wore displayed on her face.
    “Yeah, boss. Bash his brains in!†Rai added, throwing his fist into the air. Vivi stood silent, but appeared to be looking on with interest.
    Seifer stood silent for a minute and looked the kid over. Nothing special about him, so no reason to worry. But there had to be a better way to exploit this…
    “I’ve got it.†Seifer sai smiling. “I know exactly what you can do, and it won’t involve fighting anybody.†Skitte perked up at the news that he wasn’t going to have to face the toughest kid in all of Twilight Town, and stood slightly more relaxed as Seifer began to pace, his left hand on his chin and right held out before him.
    “If you can break into the old mansion and bring something back from the room where the dead girl is supposed to be, you’ll be in.â€
    Skitte’s jaw wasn’t the only one’s to drop. Rai stood agape as well, and Vivi seemed to have jumped back in shock. No one had ever been able to come out of the house alive, or so the story went.

2. Crazy Tifa Destiny Islands Resident

yeah that's a good idea but i didn't completely get it.
    anyway, i wanted to do something about yuna, rikku and paine as fairies. is that possible?

3. twilightsown King's Apprentice

For this story I don't think so, but once this one is finished, you can submit the next story concerning those three (unless you can figure out how they could fit in this story. If you do though, make sure it fits with the overall story, not just kind of put in.) Hope you enjoy the game! (if anyone decides to play...)

4. Key_of_Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

"Well?" Seifer asked impatiently. "I... I..." Skitte stuttered. Seifer smirked, then frowned. "I knew it. I'm just wasting my time here." He made to leave again when Skitte spoke up. "I'll do it." The attention would be worth it, he decided. 'If I don't die,' a dark voice spoke up from the back of his mind. Seifer turned around and smirked. "Then it's decided," Seifer chuckled darkly, then without warning stopped. "And no chickening out." Fighting the toughest kid in Twilight Town didn't seem like such a big deal now.

"Bring back something from the dead girl's room and you're in. If not..." Seifer shook his head. "Then you really don't want to be coming around here anymore, understand?" In Seifer's opinion there was nothing wose than wasting time on weaklings. Skitte nodded and managed to say, "When do you want me to do it?" "Tomorrow," Seifer decided quickly. "Be here." Then he left, Fuu, Rai, and Vivi in tow. "Tomorrow," Skitte repeated.

5. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Uh....

You said, "A: A Person who starts a story posts a minimum of three paragraphs (though more is welcome)" AND "E: Two paragraph post minimum. This is to keep things from dying out"

That's the only thing I think is wrong. ^-^

I'll have to post tomarrow, though... >.>

6. Key_of_Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

Well that's starting a story. Adding onto a story was what the two paragraph minimum rule was applied to.

7. twilightsown King's Apprentice

Exactly, thank you for clarifying/understanding that Key ^_^ I'm glad that someone actually got around to posting in this thread, I thought it had died...

8. Key_of_Destiny Destiny Islands Resident

I think it might if nobody else posts but I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.