Swap Magic help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by MasterNightmare, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

ok, my brother is gonna get me swap magic and slide card and KH2FM. i have a SCPH 50001/N. can i use a slide card on it? should i go for a flip top instead? please and thanks :D

2. Majik Chaser

Fat PS2's = slide card
    Slim PS2's = fliptop

3. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

i took off the front cover...somewhat... and didn't see anyplace to put in the slide card. but is it still possible to use a flip top with a fat PS2 like mine and play imports?

4. Majik Chaser

no fliptop will only work on a slim PS2

once you take off the front cover of the disc tray, you can slide the slide card on the very bottom (you will see a small crack, slide the slide card there and it will force the disc tray to come out)

5. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

huh.... well, i wanna see what others have to say, just to be absolutely sure.

Edit: i took another look at my PS2 and looked at a Slide card prepping thing online, and there's no screw, only behind the Playstation symbol on the tray cover. here's the link to the guide

http://www.modchipstore.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=49&nav=0,2

Edit 2: i looked again, and i see no place to put the slide card through, and, i see no pin inside either! i found a flip top for a fat PS2, would it work just as well? cause on the Swap magic main site, it says it'd work.... and the flip top is combo'd with the swap magic

6. Majik Chaser

Each Playstation 2 model (not model meaning "fat or slim") is different. some have internal hardware moved around along with some other minor changes. Screws in one of these changes, some have less screws in them. if anything this only helps you since now you don't have to find a screw driver

7. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

well, i mnean in the disk tray though. but yeah, i think your right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.